Anything new at Rexall this year?

BradSlater14

Oct 1, 2014
I know I'm probably dreaming but are there any new menu items at Rexall this year? Also what is everyone's favorite item to get at an Oilers game. I miss the chocolate soft serve ice cream that used to be on the second level.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Ah Rexall food, for when you are feeling adventurous and life feels too long, grab some snacks, who wants to live that long anyways right?

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Rexall food is the worst. The nachos are good, but really expensive...everything else sucks.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
No more Boston Pizza. Now its just Pizza 73. Huge downgrade IMO.

The only thing I ever get is the popcorn and sometimes the pretzels. BP was the only edible item.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The only thing i used to value at Rexall was the heavily overpriced pulled pork sandwich a guy used to be able to get on the second level, however i was unable to locate it last time and spent the rest of the game very upset over it (or it was Calgary beating us by like 8 goals that upset me, can't remember).

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

The only thing I ever get is the popcorn and sometimes the pretzels. BP was the only edible item.

Yeah but admit it you feel like a sucker every time you pay those outlandish prices. I almost prefer stadium food to be of poor quality as it's less likely to tempt me into taking out a second mortgage in order to eat a light snack. Unless they bring back the pulled pork, then i'll take out all the mortgages i need.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Yup. Incredibly disappointed in that. My favorite thing was always the personal BP pizzas. The 73 ones while probably similar nutrition wise (crap) also taste like garbage.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I know I'm probably dreaming but are there any new menu items at Rexall this year? Also what is everyone's favorite item to get at an Oilers game. I miss the chocolate soft serve ice cream that used to be on the second level.

My favourite item is to get nothing there. The local choke and puke is better. Perhaps they've improved on their 18 minute production time on pizzas. Anyone that gets excited over Rexall food has a pretty low bar set for their gastronomic desires.:shakehead

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I really enjoy the German sausage. I didn't go to a live game last year, (and won't this year unless we have massive improvement) so I am not sure if the sausage place is still there.

Being of German decent I always enjoy offering my wife some German sausage during intermissions... Never seems to get old no matter how often I use that.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
Higher beer prices.

Although there was 2 "gourmet" food stands below the 300's.

One had roast beef sandwiches with Cactus chips. The other did deluxe Nacho's with beef and chicken. Came in a plastic Oilers helmet as well.

I got the Nachos once and had the ****s the next day.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I really enjoy the German sausage. I didn't go to a live game last year, (and won't this year unless we have massive improvement) so I am not sure if the sausage place is still there.

Being of German decent I always enjoy offering my wife some German sausage during intermissions... Never seems to get old no matter how often I use that.

hey this is a family show..:laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Higher beer prices.

Although there was 2 "gourmet" food stands below the 300's.

One had roast beef sandwiches with Cactus chips. The other did deluxe Nacho's with beef and chicken. Came in a plastic Oilers helmet as well.

I got the Nachos once and had the ****s the next day.

I don't get out enough. What are cactus chips?

Yikes can't stand the nachos. Simulated cheese dripping over everything.

I barely trust this place to make popcorn properly but probably shouldn't.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
My favourite item is to get nothing there. The local choke and puke is better. Perhaps they've improved on their 18 minute production time on pizzas. Anyone that gets excited over Rexall food has a pretty low bar set for their gastronomic desires.:shakehead

I'm with this guy. I've been to close to 100 games and only once resorted to eating something there (and only because I was smashed and had the drunk hunger). Disgusting food, horrible prices (though I'm just as dumb for dropping cash on beer there - friggin hate Molson/Coors Lite). Just grab eats before or after and save some agony.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I am actually quite partial to the Rexall burgers. $4.75 isn't complete highway robbery, and they're more edible than most of the stuff available.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't get out enough. What are cactus chips?

Sort of like Potato Chips but a little thicker. They're pretty good, but likely worse than fries (given the smaller size seems to saturate in more deep fry grease). They have them at BP's.

Ranford

Aug 14, 2007
Red Deer
Last game we went too, during first intermission after I ordered and paid they said it would be 15 minutes til they were up to temperature. Went back, it was still raw in the middle and wound up in the trash.

My wife got a hamburger bun with mold on it at the home opener last year.

I get bottled water at games and that is about it.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm with this guy. I've been to close to 100 games and only once resorted to eating something there (and only because I was smashed and had the drunk hunger). Disgusting food, horrible prices (though I'm just as dumb for dropping cash on beer there - friggin hate Molson/Coors Lite). Just grab eats before or after and save some agony.

Rexall is just a hopeless place to get drunk hunger or the munchies. Combined that theres no place immediately outside of Rexall either to grab a quick snack.

Used to head out to Coliseum Steak and Pizza after a game. Although sometimes 1K people seem to have the same idea..

Anyway what would stop Rexall from just getting some CARA type food services. Wrapped sandwiches, subs etc that they don't have any involvement in making but just have them on hand? Thankful if they had anything remotely edible there.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Rexall is just a hopeless place to get drunk hunger or the munchies. Combined that theres no place immediately outside of Rexall either to grab a quick snack.

Used to head out to Coliseum Steak and Pizza after a game. Although sometimes 1K people seem to have the same idea..

Anyway what would stop Rexall from just getting some CARA type food services. Wrapped sandwiches, subs etc that they don't have any involvement in making but just have them on hand? Thankful if they had anything remotely edible there.

Didn't the Penguins add some Tim Horton's to their new arena? I know our arena is circa 1970's, but it doesn't mean the mentality has to follow suit. Franchises rule the world. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. We can cram a Tim Horton's (express) in an Esso station, or an airport, or build one across the street from another one, but we can't figure out how to get one in an arena where 17,000 plus people are stuck for 2 1/2 hours? I just don't get why they wouldn't approach a franchise to cover the start up cost and negotiate a percentage for the "location."

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
So far I've been once in preseason and to an Oil Kings game. I know it's early but the service has been absolutely atrocious. Worse than the usual inefficiency...cashiers wasting time waiting for a hot dog to cook instead of taking the next order. Employees twiddling their thumbs. Huge lines at the 200 level concourse and next to no one at the 100s because they don't understand the demand yet.

The thing I liked was BPs but it's gone so now I may just stick to popcorn if I'm desperate for a snack. There is the pre-game buffet somewhere around 228 I think which I've had and is not bad if you're there early.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Nachos with process cheese sauce and tons of Jalopenos.

I'm easy but I'm not cheap... I guess. paying a bajillion dollars for that.

Popcorn too.. mmm popcorn.

Damn I am easy.

Except for the beer.. god I wish we had expanded beer selection.

I went to safeco field in the summer and it was like beerapaluza. I drank beer and had the garlic fries. First time I've ever woken myself up from the stink of my own farts. I thought you were supposed to be immune to your own.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Didn't the Penguins add some Tim Horton's to their new arena? I know our arena is circa 1970's, but it doesn't mean the mentality has to follow suit. Franchises rule the world. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. We can cram a Tim Horton's (express) in an Esso station, or an airport, or build one across the street from another one, but we can't figure out how to get one in an arena where 17,000 plus people are stuck for 2 1/2 hours? I just don't get why they wouldn't approach a franchise to cover the start up cost and negotiate a percentage for the "location."

Rexall currently outsources food services and operations to a multinational this is out of country. They have the exclusive contract here and run a bare bones operation here citing labor difficulty(legit) but seem to have no interest in providing a range of catered options, again which they could. Seems strange they wouldn't with all the bucks in pockets here) as it is a lot of people are of the rather go hungry than stand in line to eat junk.

heres the link.

http://dss-edmonton.com/DSSWebSite/Dominion_Sportservice_Canada/index.php

What a world apart from what they actually provide to the average joe. Guess we're all goofs that don't deserve proper food for not having a suite..welcome to tier zero..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad