Anything new at Rexall this year?

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
You're the one saying that arena food is the same everywhere because the crowds are too low to offer better food. Clearly, it isn't. You also said because of this you don't expect the food to be much different in the new arena.

Now you're saying it's better in Minnesota because the building is newer than Rexall. Which is it?

I never said the food is going to be the same at the new arena. There is no one factor to explain the options at Rexall. It has to do with capacity and age of the building. The concourses are 40 years old - somebody posting all of the options in a newer building just isn't fair.

I think people don't understand business and also like to complain about anything to do with the Oilers.

So why does the food suck at Rexall then? Please explain. Do you honestly think they don't care and they are just trying to make it as crappy as possible? If you were operating the concessions would you not want to maximize your profit? Would you offer more choices if it meant less money for you at the end of the day?

Yeah it isn't great but I understand why it is and choose not to complain about it because I understand how businesses run. You have people on this board who don't even go to games or complain about the costs of tickets, but yet want better options at Rexall. But complain away and just think everything you have is worse than others...

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Sad to hear they got rid of the soft-serve ice cream. It was always a good intermission snack.

Unrelated, but as far as arena/stadium food goes, I'm impressed with Commonwealth's burgers and hot dogs. Good size, and actually tastes great instead of just being mediocre like at Rexall.

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
Sad to hear they got rid of the soft-serve ice cream. It was always a good intermission snack.

Unrelated, but as far as arena/stadium food goes, I'm impressed with Commonwealth's burgers and hot dogs. Good size, and actually tastes great instead of just being mediocre like at Rexall.

The hot dogs at Commonwealth are pretty good. I always get one when I am there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know why we would have good food at Rexall at reasonable prices. The price to see anything there is through the roof in the first place so why get better food if the suckers continue to buy the crap food?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't know why we would have good food at Rexall at reasonable prices. The price to see anything there is through the roof in the first place so why get better food if the suckers continue to buy the crap food?

Wow...good way to run a business. Probably why when the new arena is built, they will be no where near it.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
18-Victory-Knot-two-pound-pretzel-ford-field-detroit-lions.jpeg

2lbs prezel. Yummm. Why can't we have nice things???

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
2 more years until we get top notch food at ROGERS PLACE. Can't wait to move out of Rectal Place.

Although, price of food at Rogers might be twice if not three x more expensive.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
2 more years until we get top notch food at ROGERS PLACE. Can't wait to move out of Rectal Place.

Although, price of food at Rogers might be twice if not three x more expensive.

10.50 to 15.75 for popcorn? It will be bad, but not that bad.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
10.50 to 15.75 for popcorn? It will be bad, but not that bad.

I was wondering if the food and beverages at Rogers Place carry some of the extra fees and taxes that go to pay off the new arena.

I know tickets will carry a ticket tax that pay off a new arena.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
I was wondering if the food and beverages at Rogers Place carry some of the extra fees and taxes that go to pay off the new arena.

I know tickets will carry a ticket tax that pay off a new arena.

The ticket tax is nothing new, and has been in place at Rexall since the 90's. It's simply being transferred over to the new arena. So, not a new tax per se.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I think it was 8.25 last year? Either way, yeah getting the cans is, I think, slightly cheaper per oz. Plus it's not draft. I always say I won't buy beer at games, and then I always do.

The cans are more expensive per ounce.

Draft is 8.50 for 480ml and the cans are like 9.50 for 473ml

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly I don't think this company enjoys making crap food, but one of the biggest issues is who is working for them. The kids are just so damn young that they have working for them, how can we expect a good product across the board when we have someone working who's mom just stopped laying out his clothes for school?

What's worse and I've yet to see it brought up anywhere, is who exactly is going to work in this new barn? The temporary foreign worker backlash has to be something that is going to hurt.The McDonalds, Burger Kings, Tim Hortons etc are going to be desperate for workers. Where are workers going to go? To the places that require workers on a daily basis and will be forced to up the ante in the hiring process or the Rogers Place who is part-time?

And if Rogers place finds the way to get the workers, don't be shocked to see prices sky rocket at events.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
18-Victory-Knot-two-pound-pretzel-ford-field-detroit-lions.jpeg

2lbs prezel. Yummm. Why can't we have nice things???

Because that's 1,000 calories and there's already enough fatties waddling around Rexall. I don't need to be more squished against them than I already am.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Because that's 1,000 calories and there's already enough fatties waddling around Rexall. I don't need to be more squished against them than I already am.

Eat sensibly, go for a run now and again, and you can indulge in treats like this. :nod:

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant

It's filled with tapeworms.

You will be losing weight for the next 6 months effortlessly.

:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad