OT: Anything Goes 9: Summer's Here! Festivals Abound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So they're building a Top Golf by me and it has just come to my attention that I have to buy a yearly or monthly membership, and then pay $40/hour for a cubicle for up to 6 people? Didn't realize there is a membership fee for the place, and that is ****ing stupid.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
When I went here, the 'membership fee' went toward the round. It was like the 1st time you went to had to pay $20 to become a member to get a card, but that $20 went toward play. Then if you went again with your same card you didn't have to pay $20, you just bought the rounds straight up.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, not a golfer either, although most around me golf all the time and I'm always hearing about it's the greatest game and how I am missing out. If I want to get drunk and desecrate a fine patch of grass, I'll do so via slip and slide. Don't mind the driving range though, went for the first time recently, although I shoot like Happy Gilmore, still hit some moon shots though, cleared well over 300 when I connected. Like mini golf though, want to try that PGN place you guys are talking about.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
When I went here, the 'membership fee' went toward the round. It was like the 1st time you went to had to pay $20 to become a member to get a card, but that $20 went toward play. Then if you went again with your same card you didn't have to pay $20, you just bought the rounds straight up.

Ah, ok, I can with that then.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, not a golfer either, although most around me golf all the time and I'm always hearing about it's the greatest game and how I am missing out. If I want to get drunk and desecrate a fine patch of grass, I'll do so via slip and slide. Don't mind the driving range though, went for the first time recently, although I shoot like Happy Gilmore, still hit some moon shots though, cleared well over 300 when I connected. Like mini golf though, want to try that PGN place you guys are talking about.

I call ********.

That's like me saying I went to a Cubs game and the carnival game where they clock your pitch, I hit 95.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I call ********.

That's like me saying I went to a Cubs game and the carnival game where they clock your pitch, I hit 95.

Well yeah because we don't even have that :laugh:

When I went to teh Sox game a few weeks ago I hit 67 all three times

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well yeah because we don't even have that :laugh:

When I went to teh Sox game a few weeks ago I hit 67 all three times

I'm surprised you can hit 67 without your shoulder flying off your body, let alone 3 times.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I call ********.

I suck at golf, no shame in that at all, I'm terrible and don't have the patience. They weren't always straight and my connect rate was about 50%, but yeah, I can launch them. The guy I went with kept trying to get me to ease up and hit them straight and consistent but that's not fun, I'm not a golfer, just wanted to see how far I could hit them. What does someone like Tiger hit them at?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I call ********.

Yup. Range balls have lower compression.

I have a 300yd drive on the course. I go for max distance. Only a handful have outdrove me on muni courses. Problem is my scores suck.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I can't drive for ****. Half the time I keep it in the bag and just hit my 3 iron, which I've pretty decent with.

I'm the same way. I can hit my 3 iron straight and about 200 yards, well, when I golfed anyway. If I hit a driver it'd go 160 yards straight, and 90 yards to the right.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There is this bar called the sweet spot by my house. I don't go there often but likely will before the summer is over. They have a range, that was the first time I fired a shot, was just drunk, grabbed a club off the rack, ran out grabbed a ball, shanked it and hit it 300 yards, that's when that guy said I should come out with him to the range sometime and I did one time. I swing and miss a lot, hit the ball all ****ed up sometimes, but when I hit it right, it's like a roided Sosa putting one on Waveland. But yeah, I promise I'll make a video, not sure why it means anything anyway though, I suck and have no interest in pursuing the sport, I'm just big and strong.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
There is this bar called the sweet spot by my house. I don't go there often but likely will before the summer is over. They have a range, that was the first time I fired a shot, was just drunk, grabbed a club off the rack, ran out grabbed a ball, shanked it and hit it 300 yards, that's when that guy said I should come out with him to the range sometime and I did one time. I swing and miss a lot, hit the ball all ****ed up sometimes, but when I hit it right, it's like a roided Sosa putting one on Waveland. But yeah, I promise I'll make a video, not sure why it means anything anyway though, I suck and have no interest in pursuing the sport, I'm just big and strong.
Im short. Driving distance doesnt always equate to size. Just the amount of clubhead speed you can generate.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
they clocked my clubhead at supersonic levels. Ball just disintegrates when I hit it.

Can't even golf, real depressing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I crush it at Golden tee.

Considering Culk has a fastball that touches 80 and a BA around was it .400? You must have been playing for a high school that was also a rookie ball squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad