OT: Anything Goes 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Canceled my trip to Long Island today. Knew I probably wouldn’t be going but it still sucks.

Went from twelve paid days off to twenty one this year. Got seventeen left because of Covid.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why do most men have disgusting feet? I don’t get it. Long, gross, yellow, toenails that look like they were just used to climb a mountain with.

Put some damn lotion on your feet every couple of days and clip your nails you dirtbags

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Canceled my trip to Long Island today. Knew I probably wouldn’t be going but it still sucks.

Went from twelve paid days off to twenty one this year. Got seventeen left because of Covid.

Why cancel? You can drive there in a day and hang on the ocean.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I am supposed to fly to TN tomorrow and I want to cancel but my wife is fighting it. We will wear masks and will be very safe but it seems like such an unnecessary vacation. (my family has a lake house there).

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I am supposed to fly to TN tomorrow and I want to cancel but my wife is fighting it. We will wear masks and will be very safe but it seems like such an unnecessary vacation. (my family has a lake house there).

I wouldn’t fly, but if I did I would wear a face/eye shield in addition to a mask.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wouldn’t fly, but if I did I would wear a face/eye shield in addition to a mask.

My wife is making it a point to go on this trip as I think she needs to get out and my daughter really misses my parents. I am more anti-family social so I am fine canceling.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Spent a week with the fam at a secluded cabin with a private lake. Brought our own food, didn’t see another soul. Was great being able to go out without wearing a mask or worrying about other people wearing masks. Felt fantastic to escape reality, even for a brief moment.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Wny are we so blessed to have fiddy posting on our board? He could be posting anywhere, but he chooses us every time.

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
Hi guys, I’m sorry if this is too off topic (feel free to delete if so), but I would like to ask if my fellow Hawks fans could spare a few minutes to help me out with my questionnaire for my masters thesis. The topic is digital and mobile marketing, I will gladly answer any questions if there is a need. I am attempting to target as large of a demographics group as I can.

Mobile Marketing Master Thesis

All and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm now 36+ hours cigarette-free. f*** I forgot how hard this first 3 or 4 days is, while the nicotine is flushed. The physical cravings have been downright awful at times. Takes everything in me to not run out and buy some. Cold turkey is the way to go, but damn does it suck for a few days.

f***ing terrible addiction.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I'm now 36+ hours cigarette-free. f*** I forgot how hard this first 3 or 4 days is, while the nicotine is flushed. The physical cravings have been downright awful at times. Takes everything in me to not run out and buy some. Cold turkey is the way to go, but damn does it suck for a few days.

Good for you. I've never been a smoker, but I'm guessing that as with most habits/addictions, it's easier to go cold turkey. Similar to dieting, where it's easier to give up junk food altogether than it is to consume a moderate amount. Alcohol too.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Good for you. I've never been a smoker, but I'm guessing that as with most habits/addictions, it's easier to go cold turkey. Similar to dieting, where it's easier to give up junk food altogether than it is to consume a moderate amount. Alcohol too.

Thanks. And yeah, I've quit before, and cold turkey was the way to go. It's just a rough 3 or 4 days while the nicotine is flushed from your system. Once that's done, the physical cravings go away, and it all becomes reprogramming the mental triggers, like cigarettes after meals, with a drink, when you get in the car, etc. I've never had any luck with the whole minimizing myself slowly type of thing. Like... if I have cigs, I smoke them. I can't just go from twenty a day to five a day, or three a day. Just not how it works for me.

And then it'll just be a matter of never touching one again. I had quit for a year and a half before, then went through a divorce. The cigs didn't take long to come back during that whole ordeal.

The f***ing things should be banned.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I'm quitting too but I've been using those ZYN nicotine pouches that are like chew but tobacco free. It's been over a week since I had a cigarette and I only use those pouches 2-3 times a day unless I'm drinking.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm quitting too but I've been using those ZYN nicotine pouches that are like chew but tobacco free. It's been over a week since I had a cigarette and I only use those pouches 2-3 times a day unless I'm drinking.

Yeah, I just want the nicotine gone. No replacements. Just get it the f*** out of me.

Every person is different. What works for me, may not work for you, and vice versa. Good for you, though. :thumbu:

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Yeah, I just want the nicotine gone. No replacements. Just get it the f*** out of me.

Every person is different. What works for me, may not work for you, and vice versa. Good for you, though. :thumbu:

I've tried cold turkey and it never works for me. I figured if I do these pouches for a few weeks and ween myself off it's far easier to quit them because they weren't part of my daily routine for 15 years like cigarettes.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

That's awesome. I had the same effect with drinking pop. Had the cravings, got headaches, etc. Drank pop all my life and just that sugar was pretty f***ing addicting. I haven't drank pop in months now. Just a personal decision for me. Same with energy drinks.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That's awesome. I had the same effect with drinking pop. Had the cravings, got headaches, etc. Drank pop all my life and just that sugar was pretty f***ing addicting. I haven't drank pop in months now. Just a personal decision for me. Same with energy drinks.
I still struggle with that shit.....I want to stop, but after about two weeks the cravings come and I can't take them anymore.

I'm all for banning sugary drinks. That shit is just as dangerous as cigarettes but in a different way, and just as addicting.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I always hate dealing with this one attorney office, as their email has an auto response to all emails saying that they opt out of email correspondences.

In freaking 2020, during a pandemic, where remote closings have become the norm, and in an industry where email correspondences were the de facto already.

Just utterly inane. I don't know how they do business.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I rarely drink pop. I drink water probably 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it's a mix of coffee, beer, juice, or iced tea. Once in a while I'll have a can/glass of pop with pizza, or the occasional rootbeer float, but that's about it. I'd say I drink less than a 12 pack of pop in an entire year. I'm just not a big fan of it. Cut it out of my diet probably 10-12 years ago, and never looked back.

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad