OT: Anything Goes 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yeah. Worst possible idea. It's all CFD and CPD living there. All my friends and family from the departments live there. All are armed.

My house is in west Beverly and my neighbors are basically cops, fireman and city workers. They are all equipped as they say.
Went home today to check things out and grab my mail and some beer and headed back to Indiana to sit on deck at my cottage.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kareem said the rioting and looting was a gray area, I'm glad we finally agree on that.

You do realize just as many blacks have condemned the looting, as have said it is a "gray area", right? The victim's brother:

“If I’m not over here blowing up stuff, messing up my community, what are y’all doing? Y’all doing nothing. Because that’s not going to bring my brother back at all,” Floyd said at the site where his brother died after a police officer knelt on his neck last Monday.

“The same thing has been happening. Y’all protest, y’all destroy stuff and they don’t move. You know why they don’t move? Because it’s not their stuff, it’s our stuff. They want us to destroy our stuff. They not gonna move!” Floyd said.

“Let’s do this another way,” Floyd proposed. “Let’s stop thinking our voice don’t matter. Vote. Educate yourself and know who you’re voting for. That’s how we’re gonna hit them.”

Floyd concluded by saying, “I know my brother would not want violence,” imploring the crowd “let’s do this peacefully, please.”

It's actually not a gray area at all. It's a felony. Most black people, who have every right to be furious and frustrated, are saying exactly what we've been saying.

Most of the rioters and looters, aren't even protesters. Does the fact that you have countless videos of black protesters trying to stop WHITE people inciting violence prove anything?

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You do realize just as many blacks have condemned the looting, as have said it is a "gray area", right? The victim's brother:

It's actually not a gray area at all. It's a felony. Most black people, who have every right to be furious and frustrated, are saying exactly what we've been saying.
I will reiterate:
It's not our place to judge how people cope with 400 years of subjugation and oppression.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I will reiterate:
It's not our place to judge how people cope with 400 years of subjugation and oppression.

Except we're not judging black people. We are judging criminals. Many of whom....are not black. A crime is a crime. If you don't let people break into buildings and steal because they are starving, you can't let them do it because they are angry. I'm a member of society, so I'll judge whoever the f*** I choose to judge.

What do cops do? Stop and arrest all the white people looting and rioting, while allowing the black people to do it? That's not how a civilized society, or law, works.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They are looting in the Bronx

Also the reality is alot of the people rioting/looting are not poor and suffering people

A bystander snapped a photo of the pair in the car while they were allegedly trying to pass out the homemade explosive devices, according to the memo.

“Rahman attempted to distribute Molotov cocktails to the witness and others so that those individuals could likewise use the incendiary devices in furtherance of more destruction and violence,” the witness later told authorities.

The two were busted by cops after Mattis, who was in the driver’s seat, pulled the van over near the precinct, and Rahman allegedly got out and tossed a lit Molotov cocktail into a cop car.

Images from the detention memo purport to show a masked Rahman clutching a Molotov cocktail made from a Bud Light bottle.

Several cops saw the caper and cornered the pair nearby

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Except we're not judging black people. We are judging criminals. Many of whom....are not black. A crime is a crime. If you don't let people break into buildings and steal because they are starving, you can't let them do it because they are angry. I'm a member of society, so I'll judge whoever the f*** I choose to judge.

What do cops do? Stop and arrest all the white people looting and rioting, while allowing the black people to do it? That's not how a civilized society, or law, works.

Nah man, I think that the correct response is to just let it happen, and then actually take steps to rectify injustice. If the situation wasn't completely inflammatory, it would have died down spontaneously by now. People in government are pouring gasoline on the fire, especially Cult 45.

Just because something is a law, does not make it just. Slavery was a law once? Does that make it okay to consider another human being property?

I might be different, but as long as nobody gets hurt from the act, I don't judge a hungry person for stealing. That's also a gray area in my book.

If someone is hungry or desperate enough that they have to steal to survive, the problem isn't the stealing itself. It's the fact that that person had to steal to begin with.
In a just society, people in general don't have to or want to break laws. They have what they need.

Agree to disagree man.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Nah man, I think that the correct response is to just let it happen, and then actually take steps to rectify injustice. If the situation wasn't completely inflammatory, it would have died down spontaneously by now. People in government are pouring gasoline on the fire, especially Cult 45.

Just because something is a law, does not make it just. Slavery was a law once? Does that make it okay to consider another human being property?

I might be different, but as long as nobody gets hurt from the act, I don't judge a hungry person for stealing. That's also a gray area in my book.
If someone is hungry enough that they have to steal to survive, the problem isn't the stealing itself. It's the fact that that person had to steal to begin with.
In a just society, people don't have to break laws. They have what they need.
Agree to disagree man.

"Let it happen". Cool. Where do you draw the line? When every store is destroyed and looted? Do you draw the line when they start coming into people's houses and stealing things there? Do you draw the line at assault? Murder?

Do not steal isn't an "unjust law". Comparing it to slavery is f***ing insane. You are completely out to lunch here man.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Nah man, I think that the correct response is to just let it happen, and then actually take steps to rectify injustice. If the situation wasn't
completely inflammatory, it would have died down spontaneously by now. People in government are pouring gasoline on the fire,
especially Cult 45.

Just because something is a law, does not make it just.
I might be different, but as long as nobody gets hurt from the act, I don't judge a hungry person for
stealing food. That's also a gray area in my book.
If someone is hungry enough that they have to steal to survive, the problem isn't the stealing itself. It's the fact that that person had to
steal to begin with.
Agree to disagree man.

So just let it happen?
People are getting hurt. Stores robbed, job lost, profits gone from both big and small stores.
Guess what stealing food and drugs that are needed from stores in areas that are already short and scarce to begin with.
There is no god damn excuse to riot
loot and burn anywhere.
Are you kidding me.

But no let's give these ass clowns free reign right? Just as long as no one gets hurt physically.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
"Let it happen". Cool. Where do you draw the line? When every store is destroyed and looted? Do you draw the line when they start coming into people's
houses and stealing things there? Do you draw the line at assault? Murder?

Do not steal isn't an "unjust law".
Comparing it to slavery is f***ing insane. You are completely out to lunch here man.

I guess assault and murder is maybe where we give a wag of the finger then.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
"Let it happen". Cool. Where do you draw the line? When every store is destroyed and looted? Do you draw the line when they start coming into people's houses and stealing things there? Do you draw the line at assault? Murder?

Do not steal isn't an "unjust law". Comparing it to slavery is f***ing insane. You are completely out to lunch here man.
You do understand the concept of wage slavery, don't you? I'd suggest you educate yourself on the subject. One can be a slave to labor/money. Never heard of debtors prisons, have you??

I couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone's property or profits if one person is hungry. One person is one too many.

I respectfully disagree here. I warned you I'm an unapologetic radical lefty.

Complaining that these people are looting doesn't accomplish anything when you stand by and allow oligarchs to loot the American public over the last 50 years. Where's the outrage over that?

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
there needs to be a fine line between protesting for a cause and looting...looters should be punished, protesters cannot be allowed to be told to go home because their message is being diluted by the people stealing from stores...that's not what america is about...they can maintain rule of law and allow mass protesting...trump has no incentive to allow mass protesting to continue because it's shifting into a negative trump movement...so he's going to do what he can to stifle it and shut it down regardless of the looters...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So just let it happen?
People are getting hurt. Stores robbed, job lost, profits gone from both big and small stores.
Guess what stealing food and drugs that are needed from stores in areas that are already short and scarce to begin with.
There is no god damn excuse to riot
loot and burn anywhere.
Are you kidding me.

But no let's give these ass clowns free reign right? Just as long as no one gets hurt physically.

What he is suggesting leads directly to anarchy, and vigilante justice. If you're not going to enforce law, society is going to enforce law. You will have armed mobs, of neighborhood members, taking law into their own hands. People will be dying all over the place. It's insanity to even suggest you "let it happen".

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You do understand the concept of wage slavery, don't you? I'd suggest you educate yourself on the subject. One can be a slave to labor/money. Never heard of debtors prisons, have you??

I couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone's property or profits if one person is hungry. One person is one too many.

None of these things are related at all. Educate myself? lol

You're about one post away from being added to ignore. You might as well be antifa.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
None of these things are related at all. Educate myself? lol

You're about one post away from being added to ignore. You might as well be antifa.
I'm going to back off.
This isn't going anywhere.
Let's agree to disagree.

Like I said, I like you and your bro and I know your bro personally so I hope we remain amicable.
No hard feelings. I hope you feel the same.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You do understand the concept of wage slavery, don't you? I'd suggest you educate yourself on the subject. One can be a slave to labor/money.
Never heard of debtors prisons, have you??

I couldn't give a rat's ass about
anyone's property or profits if one person is hungry. One person is one too many.

Complaining that these people are
looting doesn't accomplish anything when you stand by and allow oligarchs to loot the American public
over the last 50 years. Where's the
outrage over that?

So you wouldn't care if it's your property or profits?
Or are you just happy to sacrifice others property and profits?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad