Anything Goes 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My wife and I rarely watch movies anymore. Somehow it seems that committing to sit down for 2-3 hours and watch a movie is a bridge too far. Yet we'll watch netflix or whatever and often end up watching multiple episodes for 2-3 hours anyways. It's so dumb, but it's a real thing at our house.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My wife and I rarely watch movies anymore. Somehow it seems that committing to sit down for 2-3 hours and watch a movie is a bridge too far. Yet we'll watch netflix or whatever and often end up watching multiple episodes for 2-3 hours anyways. It's so dumb, but it's a real thing at our house.

My fiance and I are in an endless loop of arguing about which movie to watch and then she falls asleep 45 minutes into it

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
We're the same way. Almost never watch movies, but we've killed off nearly 4 seasons of Better Call Saul in the last 10-11 days.

Reactions: tgh

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Grilling some wagu NY strips tonight. Very nervous. Very excited. Happy FAT TUESDAY everyone!

They better be rare or medium rare. ;)

Nothing worse than ruining a really nice piece of meat by cooking it medium or well. Lose all the flavor from the beef.

We were due for a booze or food convo around here. Been a while since we had one. :thumbu:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My fiance and I are in an endless loop of arguing about which movie to watch and then she falls asleep 45 minutes into it
My wife falling asleep on the couch is one of my pet peeves. It's not that she falls asleep at all, it's that she won't then go upstairs and go to bed. She's a nurse and when she works she has to be up at 5:30, where I can get up 7:30 the next day. So it's not uncommon for her to be sleeping by 10 and for me to stay up til midnight. But she'll fall asleep during whatever we are watching, I'll notice and stop the show so we can pick it up again later. But then she just sleeps on the couch for a bit instead of going to bed right then and there. Her laying there next to me sleeping ruins the experience. I want to crack a beer, watch a game or a movie but it's not the same experience if I have to be quiet and feel a little guilty that I'm doing it while she's sleeping.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Went skiing last night and got absolutely hammered off miller high life’s and cheap whiskey. Might have given myself a concussion in the process too.

Most fun I’ve had in years with that group though.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
My wife falling asleep on the couch is one of my pet peeves. It's not that she falls asleep at all, it's that she won't then go upstairs and go to bed. She's a nurse and when she works she has to be up at 5:30, where I can get up 7:30 the next day. So it's not uncommon for her to be sleeping by 10 and for me to stay up til midnight. But she'll fall asleep during whatever we are watching, I'll notice and stop the show so we can pick it up again later. But then she just sleeps on the couch for a bit instead of going to bed right then and there. Her laying there next to me sleeping ruins the experience. I want to crack a beer, watch a game or a movie but it's not the same experience if I have to be quiet and feel a little guilty that I'm doing it while she's sleeping.

Pick her up and carry her to bed then

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i couldn't sleep so i watch a movie with Anne Hathaway. it is The Last Thing He Wanted ...... i still haven't gotten a good feel if it was based on true world events or a true story.

all i can say is know your world history of world event before you see this or you will be really confuse.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Fear if Corona Virus 19 have caused empty shelves at Costco and other storesas people stocked upbto stay home in casevofxan all out pandemic...you cannot find any Purelle hand sanitizer for Lysol sprays for sale in many places and also shortages of hand wipes and surgical masks ...people are scared...But Really should they be?

So far only 6vdeaths from the Corona Viris in USA this year to date...None in Canada..

In co trast 80,000 ...yes 80,000 does from the normal influenza flu last year (2019) in the USA and most of those were before April as the flu started dying out by late March...
Surprisingly the normal influenza flu only caused 308 deaths in Canada lat year(2019)

So It would seem that the panic ...at least in relation to the danger of death is way over-stated for corona virus...Apparenently most get only milder cases of it if they get it and there is evidence that people under are at even less risk of getting it ...

Further there is mo nerd to buy the masks because it really is not spread by breathing but more by hands touching or cough droplets hitting surfaces then touched by other people.

So there is a kit of false or hyped situational news that a large section ofvthebpublic has bought into.

There ate sound practices to help prevent possible contracting ofv he Corona virus...avoid large meeting places...do not travel to hot spits for the corona virus...

If you have bad cough and fever check it out at the hospital or with your doctor...wash hands well and use hand disinfectants if you can...Wipe down or use niteilevthrow away gloves for touching doir handlesxand surfaces others frequently touch...

But overall realize you are far more likely to die from regular flu than from this corona virus.
The panic mode seems to be overkill.

Some will contract this virus and some will die but relative to the death from regular flu this seems hardly significant to degree the news media is making it out to be when they give hardly any coverage to the much more deadly regular flu death stories.

Reactions: Sir Loin

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Fear if Corona Virus 19 have caused empty shelves at Costco and other storesas people stocked upbto stay home in casevofxan all out pandemic...you cannot find any Purelle hand sanitizer for Lysol sprays for sale in many places and also shortages of hand wipes and surgical masks ...people are scared...But Really should they be?

So far only 6vdeaths from the Corona Viris in USA this year to date...None in Canada..

In co trast 80,000 ...yes 80,000 does from the normal influenza flu last year (2019) in the USA and most of those were before April as the flu started dying out by late March...
Surprisingly the normal influenza flu only caused 308 deaths in Canada lat year(2019)

So It would seem that the panic ...at least in relation to the danger of death is way over-stated for corona virus...Apparenently most get only milder cases of it if they get it and there is evidence that people under are at even less risk of getting it ...

Further there is mo nerd to buy the masks because it really is not spread by breathing but more by hands touching or cough droplets hitting surfaces then touched by other people.

So there is a kit of false or hyped situational news that a large section ofvthebpublic has bought into.

There ate sound practices to help prevent possible contracting ofv he Corona virus...avoid large meeting places...do not travel to hot spits for the corona virus...

If you have bad cough and fever check it out at the hospital or with your doctor...wash hands well and use hand disinfectants if you can...Wipe down or use niteilevthrow away gloves for touching doir handlesxand surfaces others frequently touch...

But overall realize you are far more likely to die from regular flu than from this corona virus.
The panic mode seems to be overkill.

Some will contract this virus and some will die but relative to the death from regular flu this seems hardly significant to degree the news media is making it out to be when they give hardly any coverage to the much more deadly regular flu death stories.

The biggest fear as I see it is that although it is generally treatable, depending on the magnitude of contagion it could create a situation where hospitals lack sufficient respirators and other resources to treat everyone. It’s why managing/slowing the spread is imperative.

Reactions: Giovi and Sir Loin

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So since about last February they've been laying the foundation for a new skyscraper in Chicago right across from the building a live in. Been pretty boring stuff for most of that time. Lots of digging holes and laying cement, but things are finally starting to get interesting. It's called "One Chicago", the taller of the two buildings will be 969 ft high! It'll be the 8th tallest building in Chicago when it's finished.

One Chicago | JDL Development | JDL Development

It's pretty cool watching this thing get built. Can't wait for it to be done.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Awful.

United Way seems to be the place to donate.

Also, Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson set up a Go Fund Me for families that suffered losses.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So since about last February they've been laying the foundation for a new skyscraper in Chicago right across from the building a live in. Been pretty boring stuff for most of that time. Lots of digging holes and laying cement, but things are finally starting to get interesting. It's called "One Chicago", the taller of the two buildings will be 969 ft high! It'll be the 8th tallest building in Chicago when it's finished.

One Chicago | JDL Development | JDL Development

It's pretty cool watching this thing get built. Can't wait for it to be done.

I'm all for new supertalls getting built in the city.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Got the package from amazon today with the ingredients to make homemade Purell.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Posting because this is going to touch us all in one way or another.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My son now really loves the kid's show Super Why.

Holy crap is it an awful show. Just whiny kids with tiny problems (no, Super Readers, you did not save the day spending twenty minutes deciding to compromise on where to pitch a tent), and it's also sadly insanely easy to get their songs stuck in your head.

Sesame Street for life.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
My son now really loves the kid's show Super Why.

Holy crap is it an awful show. Just whiny kids with tiny problems (no, Super Readers, you did not save the day spending twenty minutes deciding to compromise on where to pitch a tent), and it's also sadly insanely easy to get their songs stuck on your head.

Sesame Street for life.

Have you experienced PJ Masks yet?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad