Anything Goes 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Disco Elysium is one of the weirdest games I’ve ever played and I love it. It’s like Memento meets fear and loathing in Las Vegas with huge walls of text and table top mechanics. Not for everyone but holy hell is this my niche.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ordered Amazing Stories (Season 2) on DVD from Amazon a few weeks back and finally having chance to watch some of it

Nostalgia of my childhood watching this and it may be cheesy (Very , Very , Very cheesy) and very dated but like Twilight Zone of 80's it puts a smile on my face to watch again

Have season 1 on DVD but they never released season 2 in US so after a decade of waiting ordered season 2 as import from Australia

Despite it being coded region 4 people said it plays on US players and it does work so I am very happy

Love anthology series of 80's and hope that someday Freddy's Nightmares and The Hitchhiker come out on DVD or Blu Ray (Dont expect either to ever be released sadly)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Off to Florida this week.

I'd rather be just about anywhere else.

Add in the resort I got my ski pass at this season opens tomorrow and I'll be out of town.... piss off.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Holy cow, my house's two basement window wells have more frogs than a frigging rainforest. Counted at least a dozen in them at a single glance.

MV5BMTQ0MjU3MTUxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg1Mjg0NA@@._V1_UY1200_CR82,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

-- For the record not a single person in film dies as a result of frogs ,,, Always found it odd that they went with that title in a overall forgettable nature attacks film --

-- Starred a young Sam Elliott in just his 4th film role --

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Holy cow, my house's two basement window wells have more frogs than a frigging rainforest. Counted at least a dozen in them at a single glance.

HUGE part of my childhood was diving into window wells and catching toads. Used to catch them, out them in a shoe box and keep them alive all summer

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Had a Gyro for the first time in a while (local burger type place, not Greek restaurant) and damn I forgot how much I like those. I think that would be my favorite "cheat" food, if I had a diet that I was actually following. So good.

Hell yeah. Team Gyro. Homemade gyros are awesome too. Wouldn’t exactly call them healthy but not bad. Technically, they are supposed to be made with half ground beef, half ground lamb. Personally, I just use lamb, but it is cheaper if done 50/50. Get fresh Rosemary, chop it up, chop a little fresh dill (will be needed for the Tzatziki sauce anyway), chopped garlic, salt and pepper, make hamburger patties and grill. Boom.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hell yeah. Team Gyro. Homemade gyros are awesome too. Wouldn’t exactly call them healthy but not bad. Technically, they are supposed to be made with half ground beef, half ground lamb. Personally, I just use lamb, but it is cheaper if done 50/50. Get fresh Rosemary, chop it up, chop a little fresh dill (will be needed for the Tzatziki sauce anyway), chopped garlic, salt and pepper, make hamburger patties and grill. Boom.

I am not sure if I have ever had a regular gyro.

I used to get chicken gyros at Zorba's at U of I but I don't know if that counts.

And I don't think I have a gyro of any kind since 2004.

Just never something I have really craved and I only got Zorba's when they were one of the closest lunch places to the Quad on Green Street.

I'm probably missing out I know.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
There's a lot I haven't seen, and I'm not a big comic movie guy, but I think I'd go with Social Network. I just love everything about that movie.

Not sure what my rankings would be, but a few that come to mind are Nightcrawler, Inception, Interstellar, Her, Ford v Ferrari, Wolf of Wall Street, The Big Short, Prisoners, Hell or High Water, Thor: Ragnarok, and a few other I'm sure I'm forgetting but just can't think of right now.

There's also a lot I haven't seen as well that could probably end up higher on the list, and a few movies left this year that I am super excited about.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I am not sure if I have ever had a regular gyro.

I used to get chicken gyros at Zorba's at U of I but I don't know if that counts.

And I don't think I have a gyro of any kind since 2004.

Just never something I have really craved and I only got Zorba's when they were one of the closest lunch places to the Quad on Green Street.

I'm probably missing out I know.

Missing out big time. Though once you have the homeade version, you will never appreciate the others the same way again IMO. The quality of the meat is so much better. Same can be said in regard to the sauce.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Missing out big time. Though once you have the homeade version, you will never appreciate the others the same way again IMO. The quality of the meat is so much better. Same can be said in regard to the sauce.

This comes off as more of a lamb/beef burger than a gyro to me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
This comes off as more of a lamb/beef burger than a gyro to me.

Yeah, that’s what people call it when I make it for them. In effect, it is just lamb, I don’t know what they do to make those racks of meat at the restaurant. They are good too, but greasy.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, that’s what people call it when I make it for them. In effect, it is just lamb, I don’t know what they do to make those racks of meat at the restaurant. They are good too, but greasy.

Yeah, they're greasy, but I'm also team gyro, and they're amazing. One of my favorite things to get from little hot dog joints and such.

Essentially when it's on the spit, it's a giant, tightly packed meatloaf, and it's slow-cooked, which is the key. Low and slow. :thumbu:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Never had a gyro.

Social Network was okay, not that good.

Big Short was very good, but as always, not nearly as good as the book.

The movie I enjoyed the most the past decade (not saying the best movie, just the film I enjoyed the most) was Jordan Peele's Get Out.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Never had a gyro.

Social Network was okay, not that good.

Big Short was very good, but as always, not nearly as good as the book.

The movie I enjoyed the most the past decade (not saying the best movie, just the film I enjoyed the most) was Jordan Peele's Get Out.
You never disappoint. Lol.

Get Out was very good though as was Big Short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->