Anything Goes 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So thanks to the you tiberi algorithm which puts out what it thinks you might like to watch on Youtube after studying your own Google Searches (and amazingly gets a lot of what you like to watch or take a peek at correct!) I found what could be a new star in the making on of all places The Voice of Holland.... I had never searched for any of their content of that tv show which has been running now for 10 seasons..It was the very Orginal series of The Voice singing co test show which is z big hit in many countries in their own versions of the show (same format...judges hear singers blind then turn chairs and coach the singers that select them as coach dependibgbon how many of the judges turned their chairs)..I did not know the show was first conceived in Holkand forca tv network there then franchised to tv networks in other countries for their own home audiences in their own languages ...though many singers like in Holland or in Italian versions of the show song songs in English too...

Anyway
..since my own musical tastes prefer certain Italian pop singers whose videos I have searched on YouTube ,the algorithm only recently put some the Voice of Italy contestant videos in the viewing trayvlineup from at first this season which e ded last spring...I watched several potentially promising musical talent that may go on to big careers including the eventual winner ..but I still do not think the latest Italian winner of the Voice of Italy for 2019...is as good as some of of my favourite current Italuan pop stars who have been successful recording artists for several years now.....But then the algorythm put some Voice of Holland videos up from their cirrentv10th season which just began airing in November.

And I was gobsmacked by a rendition of the Alanis Moriseette song "You Ought To Know" sung by Fleur Raateland...nobody knew who she was before this blind audition for tge Judges on the Voice of Holkand ...but her rendition was absolutelyveiveting...I had never liked the original song by Alanus Morissete when that song hit the top of the charts...Never liked Morisdtte's voice or her inflections singing her own song that she wrote..but this cover by Fleur Raateland is simply greatness.. Both voice and interpretation are so mich better that Morissette's original ...This girl is destined for a big career world-wide if she can hook up with the right songwriters Nd producers and sing in Engkish like she does here.

ANYWAY take look and see what I mean...All 4 of the judges turned their chairs and wanted a short at coaching her...

She us great looking too.

Great voice...great song ...great interpreter and accompanied herslelf on the piano..

Do not know if she will even win this season of the Voice of Holland because there are other very good talents competing.. but to me she has star talent ...you can see abd feel it right off the bat.

So on Thanksgiving.in the U S...a salute to the Google/ YouTube algorithm ...I never would have found this emerging song artist without it.

If I were a record company looking to sign new talent for recording contracts I would be after this girl to sign ASAP .

If course I have not watched much of The Voice (American version) because I just not not like much of American (or Canadian for tfat matter) song genres and not a fan of hardly any current or past singers from the U.S.A. or Canada...Do not like hip/hop or rap or country music genres ,and in pop ,prefer European pop music ...especially certain favourite Italian and sone French pop artists ...even though I only understand a few words in Italian ....I understand Frebch to a better degree to get the meaning of most songs by French singers...but somehow ...strangely,I prefer covers in English by certain Italian or French and now Dutch singers over the originals in English by their original Americam or Canadian hitmakers who recorded it .

So the Fkeur Raateland version is to me better than tgevorigibal Morissette performance of the song.

You can also check out on YouTube one of my very favourite Italian pop artists,Annalisa( her last name is Scarrone) whose last 2 albums were fantastic and interesting in both her greatcputch oerfectcvoicexNd the mixing of cadence speeds into her songs or soaring spiritual voice in several songs) ...Nyway she also has on You Tube a series of videos when she dropped into a radio station (Radio 105) and these sessions where she sang covers of hit songs by other artists both in Italy and from Britain or tge U.S A. on the spit when the radio Djs gave her a sheet if song lyrics Nd she had to just sing off that accompanied by a single guitarist...sing live on air without practice..just from the song they gave her at the moment..it was incredible how good she was at these impromptu cover sessions ...showingboff her perfect pitch Nd voice ..very few artists could do as welk as her at this type of challenge for on the spot singing.

She covers some songs in Enlish...songs by Laday Gaga...The Police,Johm Legend and other big stars or bands.

In Annalisa came out with an all English album of original songs of her own material or new songs written specifically for her,I am certain she would be a Huge star in the U S and Canada ...as it is she already has a large base of fans World wide beyond Italy ...fans sho have discovered her music in Italian off her albums or by watching YouTubes of her songs. The last 2 albums in particular a great with lots of hits and great music...her earlier albums did showx off her great voice but to me the songs were more conventional and like you would hear in musical theatre or movies or sweet ballads and not so memorable or exciting as in the lat 2 albums...you just want to learn the words and sing along with her.Songs and tunes that stay in your head...which makes great pop. Albums.

Anyway ...just giving thanks on Anerican Thanksgiving to that wonderful A I. Algorithm of Google that introduced me to now one of my favourite pop singers....Annalisa...and to perhaps a future pop star that is emergingv..Fleur Raateland ...never would have found them without it...So thank you Google// YouTube ...

On the foodie side.. a lot of great hiw to cook it recipies demonstrated on YouTube.
Trouble is you can spend all day watching You Tube videos of lotscofvsubjects ...food...politics...singers...
But you still face to fit in sports events on tv. .....latest news...etc...Time is hour enemy...notcenough of it for all this plus binge watching tk catch up on tv shows or movies you missed when they first aired it were released .

Luckily I am not a Gamer...because then I could not have time for all this other stuff I am watching and also posting tto boards like this ...

Luckily I am retired and have the time to do all this watching and commenting..

But if you are working and looking after kids no way do you have the time to spend doing this.

In the past when you had leisurectimevin Retirement you could spend a lot of time reading novels or non-fiction books...today?No time ...too busy with tv,sports on tv or live,and YOU TUBE and Googke Searches...

Info overload coming ...

Reactions: d rake

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Irishman was awesome. That opinion seems to be pretty divided, though. First hour could have been better, but the rest was pure joy to watch.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
They’re very different. Fortnite is an odd comp. It’s a much faster paced streamlined PubG meets Overwatch.
Well it was a "Fortnite killer" for a whole week when it launched.

I haven't played it in forever.

I do think all these other BR/PvP games are are nothing but wannabe Fortnites but that's just me. I'd never knock somebody's game cuz for as good as I am at Fortnite, I'm dogshit at pretty much everything else outside of retro

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Well it was a "Fortnite killer" for a whole week when it launched.

I haven't played it in forever.

I do think all these other BR/PvP games are are nothing but wannabe Fortnites but that's just me. I'd never knock somebody's game cuz for as good as I am at Fortnite, I'm dog**** at pretty much everything else outside of retro
It’s a BR, but that’s about where it ends. Like I said, odd comp.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
oh man, i just came across the "war of the world" the european tv series...... damn it is not bad.... got 8 episode to catch up on.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Watching a Siberian husky and Bengal cat acclimate to each other in a 800 sqf condo is hilarious.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
has anyone seen this parkour running ??

this is some crazy stuff...... damn it freaking crazy.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Watching a Siberian husky and Bengal cat acclimate to each other in a 800 sqf condo is hilarious.

I'm a sucker for those dog and cat videos/gifs. Guilty pleasure of mine. Very jealous you get to see that and very sorry you're in an 800ft condo

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Greenish-yellow with a bright head and sparks coming off it. Lasted maybe 3-5 seconds.

This is not a euphemism for anything.

That’s so cool man. Was it kind of big in the sky or did it just look like a greenish shooting star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia