Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Never had a gyro.

Social Network was okay, not that good.

Big Short was very good, but as always, not nearly as good as the book.

The movie I enjoyed the most the past decade (not saying the best movie, just the film I enjoyed the most) was Jordan Peele's Get Out.

Bold: How?

I agree with first two movie takes.

Big Short had me angry the whole time.

Get Out was good but you like it a lot more than me.

For the parents out there, Frozen 2 was worth seeing. My daughter loved it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Bold: How?

I agree with first two movie takes.

Big Short had me angry the whole time.

Get Out was good but you like it a lot more than me.

For the parents out there, Frozen 2 was worth seeing. My daughter loved it.

Even back when I ate mammals I wouldn’t eat venison or lamb. Didn’t feel right.

I do like schwarma, which is kind of like gyro except for the sauce and that it’s usually chicken/turkey.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, they're greasy, but I'm also team gyro, and they're amazing. One of my favorite things to get from little hot dog joints and such.

Essentially when it's on the spit, it's a giant, tightly packed meatloaf, and it's slow-cooked, which is the key. Low and slow. :thumbu:

The best ones are the places that throw the meat on the grill to crisp it up and burn off some of that grease.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I wish they would re-make the Star Wars Episodes 1-3 with a better actor playing Anakin and better dialogue. I thought the story was good but the other stuff ruined it.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Speaking of movies and Star Wars, I saw Knives Out tonight (directed by Rian Johnson, who did the last Star Wars movies). What an entertaining movie! Johnson is always at his best when he has full creative control.

Probably a top 5 movie of the year for me. Ford v Ferrari still remains at the top, though!

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i saw the informer and to put it mildly, it was a so-so movie. nothing to write about. save your money and wait until it come out on cable.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Speaking of movies and Star Wars, I saw Knives Out tonight (directed by Rian Johnson, who did the last Star Wars movies). What an entertaining movie! Johnson is always at his best when he has full creative control.

Probably a top 5 movie of the year for me. Ford v Ferrari still remains at the top, though!
oh i can't wait for the final chapter of Star Wars. i got to plan it right with my family.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving all you clowns. Eat, drink, and be merry!

Did all of our Thanksgiving stuff with he families the last two weeks. Just the wife, dog, and myself home now with no plans at all and getting absolutely bombed by a huge winter storm here. :yo:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone know if any car dealerships do any worthwhile Black Friday deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad