OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Saw The Lion King last night. I know it's gotten ripped by critics, but man I loved it so much. Maybe helped that I haven't watched the original for a while, but my family came with, and they loved it as well despite seeing the animated version recently.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Ordered a new TV on Monday. Got here today and I noticed there was a hole in the box but didn’t think anything of it. Turns out I should have, because the screen is completely busted. What a pleasure. I’m think I’m more annoyed that I’m going to have to put everything back together in the box than I am that the TV is broken lol

Have to say... Amazon was fantastic to work with on this. It wasn't even their fault - I have to assume it was the UPS driver that f***ed up. Anyway, they were very easy to communicate with, made it relatively easy to return the broken TV, and got me my refund in a very reasonable time period.

This is the first time I've had to deal with Amazon for something like that, but I was very impressed. My dad told me that's normal for them, though.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Have to say... Amazon was fantastic to work with on this. It wasn't even their fault - I have to assume it was the UPS driver that ****ed up. Anyway, they were very easy to communicate with, made it relatively easy to return the broken TV, and got me my refund in a very reasonable time period.

This is the first time I've had to deal with Amazon for something like that, but I was very impressed. My dad told me that's normal for them, though.

It is. Same issue happened with my parents and a TV. Ordered through Amazon, and it showed up with big holes punched in the box. I said "Oh shit, that's not good." to my Dad. Opened it, and sure enough, the screen is basically shattered. Called and talked to Amazon support. They shipped a new one out right then, and emailed a label, and said the same driver who drops the new one off will pick up the damaged one from them at that time. Easy peasy.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It is. Same issue happened with my parents and a TV. Ordered through Amazon, and it showed up with big holes punched in the box. I said "Oh ****, that's not good." to my Dad. Opened it, and sure enough, the screen is basically shattered. Called and talked to Amazon support. They shipped a new one out right then, and emailed a label, and said the same driver who drops the new one off will pick up the damaged one from them at that time. Easy peasy.

Basically the same thing I had to do. I was worried at first, but yeah.. they were great. Don't get that too often these days.

On the opposite side of that spectrum.. working with Mediacom seems to be the worst thing possible every time.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So, uhhhh, why is this site now "checking my browser" before it allows me to log on?

Given the ads, the name "Mandatory.com" and some other fishy things... That seems fishy, no?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So, uhhhh, why is this site now "checking my browser" before it allows me to log on?

Given the ads, the name "Mandatory.com" and some other fishy things... That seems fishy, no?

Not sure what it was, but probably related to the site crashing.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So every time I don't click a page in 5 or so minute it's going to do that browser check thing? That's annoying if so.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Took the day off today.... forgot that today is the most anticipated day/holiday in Utah. Bigger than the 4th of July, more anticipated than Christmas.... a day the rest of the country has never even heard of.

Pioneer Day - something about when the Mormons settled here or something.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Could it really have been the Clarkson trade that crashed the servers? Hard to believe...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Sitting in Nashville at the airport for our layover. Flying into Jacksonville and then headed to the Bahamas until next Monday. Enjoy the states, *******s.

Nice!

Now that I'll have a new job with a nice chunk of PTO to use and a ton of company holidays, the wife and I are trying to plan a big vacation next week. We initially were talking about going back to Florence and just spending a week there and only there, but then somehow Singapore came up last night.

Either way, it'll be nice to go somewhere together for a week or longer. It's been a while since we've done that. Seems everything the last few years has just been long weekend trips to somewhere, or visiting family.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't think I've ever been in the Nashville airport before.

I did have to book flights today to West Palm Beach, which sounds nice, except I'm going because my FIL is having spinal and possible brain surgery next Friday.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think I've ever been in the Nashville airport before.

I did have to book flights today to West Palm Beach, which sounds nice, except I'm going because my FIL is having spinal and possible brain surgery next Friday.

Nashville's airport is fine.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nice!

Now that I'll have a new job with a nice chunk of PTO to use and a ton of company holidays, the wife and I are trying to plan a big vacation next week. We initially were talking about going back to Florence and just spending a week there and only there, but then somehow Singapore came up last night.

Either way, it'll be nice to go somewhere together for a week or longer. It's been a while since we've done that. Seems everything the last few years has just been long weekend trips to somewhere, or visiting family.

Florence is my favorite city on Earth.

Paris is a lot of fun. Spent 5 nights/6day there and it was perfect as there is great food, it is walkable, and the history is amazing.

Rome is another one looking into.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Florence is my favorite city on Earth.

Paris is a lot of fun. Spent 5 nights/6day there and it was perfect as there is great food, it is walkable, and the history is amazing.

Same. That's why we want to just go there for a week and nowhere else, sometime in September when it's not too crowded. People worry that too many things close down after summer, but it's not nearly as bad as people think.

I have no interest at all in going to Paris, TBH.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Same. That's why we want to just go there for a week and nowhere else, sometime in September when it's not too crowded. People worry that too many things close down after summer, but it's not nearly as bad as people think.

I have no interest at all in going to Paris, TBH.

It not bad at all. Florence with a day trip to Sienna is an ideal trip for my wife and I.

Paris surprised me to be honest. I thought I would like it but I ended up loving it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It not bad at all. Florence with a day trip to Sienna is an ideal trip for my wife and I.

Paris surprised me to be honest. I thought I would like it but I ended up loving it.

Is there ever a time it’s not packed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad