OT: Anything Goes 34: The Thirtyforth One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
With regards to germs in general, not just bathrooms, I think it's best to take proper precautions and then not think about it. If you really start going down the rabbit whole of how dirty various items (cash, phones, shaking hands, etc) you encounter in your daily life, you'll drive yourself crazy.

Yep. You go through life worrying about germs you're going to go absolutely f***ing bonkers. The fact is, if you continually hand sanitize, and wash your hands constantly with anti-bacterial soap, you're actually hurting you're immune system. Nevermind the fact that your hands are all nasty, cracked, and dried out, allowing for more bacteria and germs to enter your body.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yep. You go through life worrying about germs you're going to go absolutely ****ing bonkers. The fact is, if you continually hand sanitize, and wash your hands constantly with anti-bacterial soap, you're actually hurting you're immune system. Nevermind the fact that your hands are all nasty and dried out.

There is a strong difference between going overboard vs. sitting in other people's piss and sweat imo.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
source.gif

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Shut up that doesn’t fit my narrative.

You’re actually right in my case. I use a paper towel to turn off the sink, then use that one to pull the lever for a new towel, throw out the first one, rio off the second one, and use it to dry my hands and open the door.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Remember... whenever you smell poo or a fart, that means you have particles of that filth in your nose; so, compared to having literal pieces of poop in your nose every time you get a whiff of that, there's really no reason to worry about anything else.

Wash your hands with soap and just accept that literally everything's filthy.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Remember... whenever you smell poo or a fart, that means you have particles of that filth in your nose; so, compared to having literal pieces of poop in your nose every time you get a whiff of that, there's really no reason to worry about anything else.

Wash your hands with soap and just accept that literally everything's filthy.

I just don't wash my hands and I don't even get sick expect for the times that I do.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So you wash your hands every time you touch a door handle? Does this apply to your home as well, or just in public?

I may touch multiple door handles when I’m out, but I’ll be sure to when I get home or before eating.

The rest of you are the weird ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad