OT: Anything Goes 34: The Thirtyforth One

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Apparently I just paid $55 for a haircut, not including tip.

I don’t have enough hair for a $55 haircut.

What the f***.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Haha I pay $50 per hair cut but I am really picky.

I’m not picky. I’m balding. In less than 2 years a routine shave will be the only acceptable “haircut” for me.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Spain’s culture vs ours is so insanely different.. not that I didn’t expect that but even more so than a ton of countries I’ve been.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Spain’s culture vs ours is so insanely different.. not that I didn’t expect that but even more so than a ton of countries I’ve been.

Traveling the US lately, I’ve noticed we don’t have one culture here. Vast differences by region. Pretty amazing. What are you noticing over there? Have a great time.

Reactions: TLEH

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Apparently I just paid $55 for a haircut, not including tip.

I don’t have enough hair for a $55 haircut.

What the ****.

Wow. That's insane. Do you have a beard? That would make sense then.

My cut from a barber is $25 + tip 20% (even give you a free beer)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wow. That's insane. Do you have a beard? That would make sense then.

My cut from a barber is $25 + tip 20% (even give you a free beer)

No beard. No beer, no anything. Not even that much hair.

Place I usually go to is $35 but I'll have a beer and a glass of whiskey, and then tip $15 on the $35 just because she's awesome. And it's 2 blocks from where I live.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
No beard. No beer, no anything. Not even that much hair.

Place I usually go to is $35 but I'll have a beer and a glass of whiskey, and then tip $15 on the $35 just because she's awesome. And it's 2 blocks from where I live.

Not too bad then. My cut takes at most 20 mins so I feel like 20% is appropriate. Probably should tip her more tho

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not too bad then. My cut takes at most 20 mins so I feel like 20% is appropriate. Probably should tip her more tho

Maybe you have more hair than me but me tipping 20% on even $35 seems steep for how little they have to do. :laugh:

:cry:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Traveling the US lately, I’ve noticed we don’t have one culture here. Vast differences by region. Pretty amazing. What are you noticing over there? Have a great time.
A lot of people eat at home and only go out for a drink. A lot of restaurants around 2 only serve drinks and no food until dinner time. Everybody eats out at the same time so it’s extremely crowded for an hour and then everything closes. The people are really nice though

Reactions: ColdSteel2

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Finally replaced my broken iPhones 6s for a Galaxy S10e.

Going to take a while to get used to the new operating system. At the "oh boy, this is annoying" stage for literally everything different than what I'm used to. Wasn't at all interested in the direction iPhone had been going, so oh well.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Finally replaced my broken iPhones 6s for a Galaxy S10e.

Going to take a while to get used to the new operating system. At the "oh boy, this is annoying" stage for literally everything different than what I'm used to. Wasn't at all interested in the direction iPhone had been going, so oh well.

I returned the Samsung 10 the day after I got it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kind of watched Game of Thrones last night, well my wife did and I was on my phone. I didn't realize it had so many zombies in it, and for some reason that made me laugh really hard. Must have been the bourbon in me, not even sure why it was so funny to me, but it just was.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Kind of watched Game of Thrones last night, well my wife did and I was on my phone. I didn't realize it had so many zombies in it, and for some reason that made me laugh really hard. Must have been the bourbon in me, not even sure why it was so funny to me, but it just was.
200w.webp

(Last night wasn't a normal episode)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Two weeks are in. Now want to leave work immediately to get away from the awkwardness.

They actually going to make you work it?

I’ve got 3 interviews this week. Can’t get a new job soon enough, but being incredibly picky.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
They actually going to make you work it?

I’ve got 3 interviews this week. Can’t get a new job soon enough, but being incredibly picky.
Yea, they made everyone come in all two weeks. It's fine. I need the cash since I had to blow money on new work clothes.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yea, they made everyone come in all two weeks. It's fine. I need the cash since I had to blow money on new work clothes.

Most people where I’m at don’t work their two weeks and are walked out when they submit it, but you don’t lose out on any pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad