OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Any MLB The Show players? A friend brought his PS4 over and got me back into it. Forgot how much fun Diamond Dynasty is and man, has that game come a long way from last I played it.

Reactions: TLEH

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We talked about web privacy before in this thread so anyone still interested should check out Sam Harris’ podcast “The Trouble with Facebook” he talks to tech-analyst Roger McNamee about a lot of the concerning things Facebook is doing lately and has been doing since 2011. He also talks about the dangers of Google’s data acquisition policies.

The stuff those two companies are doing ranges from invasive to horrifying so give it a listen if you’re interested. It’s on iTunes obviously or you can listen to it here from YouTube

Big fan of Sam Harris.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We talked about web privacy before in this thread so anyone still interested should check out Sam Harris’ podcast “The Trouble with Facebook” he talks to tech-analyst Roger McNamee about a lot of the concerning things Facebook is doing lately and has been doing since 2011. He also talks about the dangers of Google’s data acquisition policies.

The stuff those two companies are doing ranges from invasive to horrifying so give it a listen if you’re interested. It’s on iTunes obviously or you can listen to it here from YouTube

Yeah, I remember talking about a lot of this stuff with you.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yes. I have been grinding that game. My team is stacked but Im pretty decent.

Hell yeah. I went out and bought a PS4 and the game, been grinding the hell out of it too. Also put some money into it. I’m starting to get the hang of it again after not playing for about 5 years. PM your SN, we’ll have to do a Dynasty squad matchup sometime.

I love the cards they have this year so far. Eddie Murray is a beast, rake with that dude. Might be an end game card for me. And Andruw Jones as a reward card? Yes please. What are you going to do when you hit 300 stars in the 2nd inning?

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just a reminder for anyone who sees Endgame this weekend... if you decide to mention it on here... if there is anything that can be spoilery, make sure to use the spoiler tags.

#DontSpoilTheEndgame

Got my ticket for 7pm tonight. Can’t get here soon enough.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Hell yeah. I went out and bought a PS4 and the game, been grinding the hell out of it too. Also put some money into it. I’m starting to get the hang of it again after not playing for about 5 years. PM your SN, we’ll have to do a Dynasty squad matchup sometime.

I love the cards they have this year so far. Eddie Murray is a beast, rake with that dude. Might be an end game card for me. And Andruw Jones as a reward card? Yes please. What are you going to do when you hit 300 stars in the 2nd inning?
I probably won’t hit it, or will be close cause I’m gonna be gone for like 20 days. I think I’m going to go with 99 kershaw at the end of my XP thing. I went against that card and it was insane. I grinded out a 2-1 win.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I probably won’t hit it, or will be close cause I’m gonna be gone for like 20 days. I think I’m going to go with 99 kershaw at the end of my XP thing. I went against that card and it was insane. I grinded out a 2-1 win.

On the reddit forum, everyone is talking up the Kershaw and Bumgarner. I just personally do not like pitching with lefties, so I’ll probably just sell whoever I get this time. That’s what is great about the game though, everyone has their guys they are better with. Kershaw is really tough with that funky delivery. If you’re good with lefties, he’s a great choice.

When I hit 75 bronze, I took Ichiro, level 1 silver, Gwynn. I really wanted to stack my OF defense. Gappers are a can of corn with those 2 and Andruw out there. The next big free pack is at 40 or 50, don’t know what to do there. Need to get to a higher level in RS to see how the game changes. Everyone says it is more pitcher duels at the WS level so probably will need to upgrade the rotation.

Reactions: TLEH

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Big fan of Sam Harris.

Me too. Have been for a while, going back to his days as a vocal atheist with Christopher Hitchens.

Sam is so calm and articulate, backed up by research and knowledge. Very easy to listen to and learn from

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Me too. Have been for a while, going back to his days as a vocal atheist with Christopher Hitchens.

Sam is so calm and articulate, backed up by research and knowledge. Very easy to listen to and learn from

Without getting political, I try to listen to a few podcasts from each side so I can level set my research on issues and understand both sides. I really enjoy how Harris presents things but at the same time I listen to Ben Shapiro who can be overly aggressive at times (like most).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Without getting political, I try to listen to a few podcasts from each side so I can level set my research on issues and understand both sides. I really enjoy how Harris presents things but at the same time I listen to Ben Shapiro who can be overly aggressive at times (like most).

For sure. Moderate fan of Shapiro as well. I’ve been looking for a worthwhile left/progressive for a bit and can’t seem to find one. Balance is a big key to political discourse

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So I'm dealing with one attorney that thinks there's nothing wrong about their client having a secret second lender that the main lender isn't aware of and another attorney that is surprised that a lender won't allow revisions after they approved it despite me warning them about that literally five different times in the past three days.

f*** me

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is it just me or have most stores stopped carrying Puffed Rice Cereal?

Its a damn shame if that is case but I have checked 3-4 places I used to get it and it appears its no longer being carried under any brand

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Like Rice Crispy's?

Nah, like this is my guess. Although Rice Krispies are similar.

e55dd7a4-a569-4ae2-aff6-baa29d81b75d_1.a837b3ab25418cc42e7846981794bd7e.jpeg

@Blackhawkswincup

Not sure man. I haven't bought puffed rice cereal in forever.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad