OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Starting a new job in a couple weeks. Very hard to be motivated, especially given I haven't put my two weeks in yet.

I had to take Monday off to play hookie and go mountain bike all day. I needed a day off so bad. I couldn’t motivate myself to do anything.

What's the new gig?

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I had to take Monday off to play hookie and go mountain bike all day. I needed a day off so bad. I couldn’t motivate myself to do anything.

What's the new gig?
Data analyst for a non-profit. Lots of days off and more money certainly helps grease the wheels.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Have to put down my dog today. He almost made it to 18, so I shouldn’t be too upset, but I still am. It was all so sudden. One day he was perfectly fine, and then the next you just knew it was time.

RIP Joe.

Download-File

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Have to put down my dog today. He almost made it to 18, so I shouldn’t be too upset, but I still am. It was all so sudden. One day he was perfectly fine, and then the next you just knew it was time.

RIP Joe.

Download-File
Sorry Ray. Always a shitty thing to have to put down a member of the family like that. I feel your pain. Put a dog down a couple years ago now, and it still sucks that she's gone.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So, back to discussing something important. Pizza. @AmericanDream @ChiHawks10 @Kdotsection88 @southernbeardown54

Beggar's actually has pretty damn good deep dish. Certainly the best of Gino's East, Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, and the other major chains.

Nothing beats a thin crust from Phil's, Barraco's, or Fasano's, though. Vito and Nick's was great when I had it, too, but not feasible most of the time. Thanks everyone. Barraco's is getting an order tonight.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So, back to discussing something important. Pizza. @AmericanDream @ChiHawks10 @Kdotsection88 @southernbeardown54

Beggar's actually has pretty damn good deep dish. Certainly the best of Gino's East, Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, and the other major chains.

Nothing beats a thin crust from Phil's, Barraco's, or Fasano's, though. Vito and Nick's was great when I had it, too, but not feasible most of the time. Thanks everyone. Barraco's is getting an order tonight.

Phil's, Fasano's, or Falco's are my three thin crust pizza places, in no particular order. Always has to be well-done. Out by my house, now, it's either Falco's or Tortorices. Tortorices is very good, but it's not the other three.

Beggar's deep dish is solid. I'm not a fan of chains, but I'd agree it's probably the best of those.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So who wants to overnight me some pizza?

That is one complaint I have about living here. The pizza is just absolutely awful.

Which doesn’t make sense because you’d think when feeding a family of 8 pizza would be a regular go to.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So who wants to overnight me some pizza?

That is one complaint I have about living here. The pizza is just absolutely awful.

Which doesn’t make sense because you’d think when feeding a family of 8 pizza would be a regular go to.

Legit lol'd.

I could always grab a 'za and freeze it/ship it for you. You're on the hook for the cost, though. :)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Legit lol'd.

I could always grab a 'za and freeze it/ship it for you. You're on the hook for the cost, though. :)

I could maybe even fedex you some beer in a yeti cooler for you to send back....

I’ve tried the frozen options you can buy online but they’re just not good.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I could maybe even fedex you some beer in a yeti cooler for you to send back....

I’ve tried the frozen options you can buy online but they’re just not good.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd buy a Pequod's (or wherever you like) and then freeze it, then ship it in a cold storage styrofoam thing with ice packs or however people do it these days. It'd be like a $60 frozen pizza... but it would probably still destroy the SLC options you have.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, I was thinking I'd buy a Pequod's (or wherever you like) and then freeze it, then ship it in a cold storage styrofoam thing with ice packs or however people do it these days. It'd be like a $60 pizza... but it would probably still destroy the SLC options you have.

I’ve got the bag cooler so that might work too.... let me look into shipping costs.

Given today’s events, cost doesn’t really matter.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Phil's, Fasano's, or Falco's are my three thin crust pizza places, in no particular order. Always has to be well-done. Out by my house, now, it's either Falco's or Tortorices. Tortorices is very good, but it's not the other three.

Beggar's deep dish is solid. I'm not a fan of chains, but I'd agree it's probably the best of those.

Barraco's is my current favorite right now. Their crust is just awesome. So thin and crispy. Perfect sauce. Plenty of toppings. Always well done, of course.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Northside wise, Pat's is my favorite thin crust followed by Side Street Saloon. Jimmy's NY Pizza Cafe would be my favorite NY style. Don't really care for deep dish, but I'll go Pequods.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Phil’s is the most underrated pizza in the city.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Went shooting for the first time yesterday. Surprisingly tougher to hit a target than my decade + of Halo and COD experience would lead me to believe

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

RIP Joe.

Download-File

Sorry for your loss, losing a dog is really rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad