OT: Anything Goes 32: Topicality? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got bit by a dog today while mountain biking. I am so f***ing sick of people holding their dogs leashes when their dogs chase you and their dogs aren’t trained well enough to listen to their owners when they call them or tell them to stay. Infuriating.

Had two others sprint at me as I’m going downhill and they’re sprinting uphill at me on snowy/icy trails.

Absolutely tore into one lady about it. I was so pissed.

Reactions: Any Colour You Like

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Got bit by a dog today while mountain biking. I am so ****ing sick of people holding their dogs leashes when their dogs chase you and their dogs aren’t trained well enough to listen to their owners when they call them or tell them to stay. Infuriating.

Had two others sprint at me as I’m going downhill and they’re sprinting uphill at me on snowy/icy trails.

As a responsible dog owner, this drives me absolutely mad. I've lost count of the amount of times some off-leash dog has come charging at me and my dog while we're out walking.

I don't ever let him off leash... he's not well trained enough and I don't want anything bad to happen to him or anybody else. Sometimes we'll go to the park and I'll bring his longer lead from the yard and I'll trail behind him. But people who let their untrained dogs off leash are a special kind of infuriating.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
As a responsible dog owner, this drives me absolutely mad. I've lost count of the amount of times some off-leash dog has come charging at me and my dog while we're out walking.

I don't ever let him off leash... he's not well trained enough and I don't want anything bad to happen to him or anybody else. Sometimes we'll go to the park and I'll bring his longer lead from the yard and I'll trail behind him. But people who let their untrained dogs off leash are a special kind of infuriating.

So frustrating. My dog would never attack anyone, but he was never trustworthy enough to be off leash.

This lady was like “don’t worry he won’t bite!!!”

Yeah well what if he runs right into my front wheel as I’m going downhill 20-30mph on a rocky trail and I crash?

f***ing idiot.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Got bit by a dog today while mountain biking. I am so ****ing sick of people holding their dogs leashes when their dogs chase you and their dogs aren’t trained well enough to listen to their owners when they call them or tell them to stay. Infuriating.

Either I'm losing my mind or you get attacked by dogs remarkably often.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Either I'm losing my mind or you get attacked by dogs remarkably often.

Happens a lot on bikes. The rural areas where people tend to let their dogs roam not on a leash and without a fenced yard are usually the best places ride.....

Out here most people don’t leash their dogs on trails, regardless of how well they do or do not behave.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Of all the dumb...

I literally just had a lender email me a highlighted section of a statement that labeled a seller-paid fee explicitly "real estate tax escrow" and they asked if the seller was holding a tax escrow.

Yes, you noticed that when you highlighted the line!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well. I must be doing something right in this life because it seems God still loves me.

Found out my son is going to have a brother in June :D

I'm pumped!
P1QYppj.gif

And also the kid I guess.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nah m8, Friends is actually really good TV.

It's my favorite "turn off your brain" show, maybe second to The Office.
Friends is a mediocre comedy. Damn near all multi camera sitcoms are, except for probably Seinfeld. It's just the precursor to current trash like Big Bang Theory and Mom.

I have no issues with The Office. Fantastic show. Same with Parks, B99, and The Good Place. That writing group is amazing at making comedies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
These are the best 5 sitcoms of all time, in no particular order:
Seinfeld
The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
All in the Family
Larry Sanders

And Friends was unwatchable.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10
Status