OT: Anything Goes 32: Topicality? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Salt Lake City- September and October is tarantula mating season apparently. They’re pretty common out here in the dessert. I’ve seen 4-5 in the last few weeks. I didn’t see any at all last year. It’s pretty common to come across them on the trails but you’ll never see them in the city area.

We live in downtown SLC, but you can come across them on the trails that start just 2-3 miles outside the city.

My grandparents had a house out in Tucson. It was tarantulas, scorpions, and black widows every day. Still remember having to shake our shoes out every time before we put them on.

Not to mention the rattlesnakes, Gila monsters, bear, and mountain lions. How does anyone live in those places??? :scared:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My grandparents had a house out in Tucson. It was tarantulas, scorpions, and black widows every day. Still remember having to shake our shoes out every time before we put them on.

Not to mention the rattlesnakes, Gila monsters, bear, and mountain lions. How does anyone live in those places??? :scared:

tenor.gif

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I saw a mountain lion about a month ago. Stared me down from about 20 feet away before running away. I think my pants are still wet.

I only saw one snake this sunmer, wasn’t a rattlesnake though.

Seen a bunch of moose.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bought the SNES mini for the GF and I. 21 classic games on it. $80. Money well spent

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So do you only get games you buy with it or do they have interchangeable games? Because if your only limited to a small # of games it seems dumb to buy it

They should have 50 game packs or something and release entire catalog of games

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not sure if this is what happened, but helpful advice, the IRS will NEVER call you. If someone calls you claiming to be the IRS, they are lying.

Yea I know that NOW... I just feel incredibly stupid and gullible to fall for the oldest trick in the book. When my early 20s little brother is telling me something is wrong with that then I should've listened.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yea I know that NOW... I just feel incredibly stupid and gullible to fall for the oldest trick in the book. When my early 20s little brother is telling me something is wrong with that then I should've listened.
That sucks man.

I was just putting that out there for everyone to see.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Little man arrived around 930 last night. Him and mom are both doing well. He will meet his big brother for the first time in a couple hours in what is going to be one of the highlights of my life to this point.

MOST EXCELLENT !!!! :pickle: :cheers: :clap:

Reactions: Blue Liner

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So anyone buying tickets for Mega or PB?

I normally play 1 line for each draw but naturally bought a few extra lines of each now that jackpots have soared

$1.6B jackpot for Mega now (Probably will climb before Tues drawing)
$470M jackpot for Powerball now (Drawing is tonight)

Both games in recent years changed odds to make winning beyond remote so they could grow big jackpots and get attention. Well it has certainly worked for them at this point

Some people will end up real lucky soon

Two people in Illinois won $1M each from Mega Drawing last night so they should be pretty happy this morning

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So anyone buying tickets for Mega or PB?

I normally play 1 line for each draw but naturally bought a few extra lines of each now that jackpots have soared

$1.6B jackpot for Mega now (Probably will climb before Tues drawing)
$470M jackpot for Powerball now (Drawing is tonight)

Both games in recent years changed odds to make winning beyond remote so they could grow big jackpots and get attention. Well it has certainly worked for them at this point

Some people will end up real lucky soon

Two people in Illinois won $1M each from Mega Drawing last night so they should be pretty happy this morning

Guess I should check my tickets huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad