OT: Anything Goes 32: Topicality? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Just messing around. I shutter to think what I could put up.

#dadbod

I know man. I’m still not that good at this kind of talk with other men, I try to joke around back but it’s usually too real. Oh well, just another skill I wouldn’t mind having but have no use for, I have a dad bod too, bro.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not going to get into reasons for what is happening as its political but If you know anyone planning to go to Paris soon they may want to change plans

Widespread rioting in recent weeks culminated in a very violent night last night.

French Gov is holding emergency meeting and may declare a state of emergency and potentially bring in massive #'s of police and military units into Paris

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So somewhat hockey related but I’ve always loved hockey cards. I still spend roughly $30-40 a month on them. Pulled both Jokiharju and Luke Johnson “special” rookies from a set today. Talk about running the spectrum.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So somewhat hockey related but I’ve always loved hockey cards. I still spend roughly $30-40 a month on them. Pulled both Jokiharju and Luke Johnson “special” rookies from a set today. Talk about running the spectrum.

I used to love them but they priced me out and the nonsense boxes now sold at stores for $20 and $30 containing so few cards killed it for me

Didn't they also discontinue a lot of brands?

As a kid I loved going to Kmart or Target and getting a nice box for $9.99 thru $29.99

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I used to love them but they priced me out and the nonsense boxes now sold at stores for $20 and $30 containing so few cards killed it for me

Didn't they also discontinue a lot of brands?

As a kid I loved going to Kmart or Target and getting a nice box for $9.99 thru $29.99
Upper Deck is the only licensed NHL manufacturer. I’ll rarely pay more than $19.99 for a box.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Never really saw hockey cards but any time I did there were always several boxes of '91 Pro Set--even 10 years later I'd see them at a flea market. Collectors probably still have a ton of those sealed thinking they'll be worth something some day.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Never really saw hockey cards but any time I did there were always several boxes of '91 Pro Set--even 10 years later I'd see them at a flea market. Collectors probably still have a ton of those sealed thinking they'll be worth something some day.
You can still buy early 90’s packs for next to nothing.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t think I’ve ever pooped on an airplane.

And I’ve traveled a lot.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have pooped on many planes. Mostly international trips but I drink a lot of coffee so when I have to go I go.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I have pooped on many planes. Mostly international trips but I drink a lot of coffee so when I have to go I go.

I’ve flown internationally plenty of times.

But never once pooped on any of those flights.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
In all of my travels I have yet to have to poop on a plane, amazingly. I've never flown overseas, however, though I've had flights be up to five hours. That's about my max without some kind of stop, layover, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad