OT: Anything Goes 32: Topicality? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I go on FB maybe once a month to see what is new with relatives and people I used to know

totally off topic. i am watching the funeral of Pres Bush...... alots of good humor.... didn't really understand his sense of humor when he is one on one with these foreign leaders.....

Man..... America really produce many great leaders.

Not ashamed to admit I teared up a bit during the Dole salute at casket yesterday

Sadly cant help but think Dole and Carter don't have much time left with us seeing them today

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I go on FB maybe once a month to see what is new with relatives and people I used to know

Not ashamed to admit I teared up a bit during the Dole salute at casket yesterday

Sadly cant help but think Dole and Carter don't have much time left with us seeing them today

agree.... esp Carter.... without trying to make this a political post, but i hate the idea that i wonder if Carter will get that same send-off by his peers ??

ref to Trump ........ hahaha oh i wish i can.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

you know, i really never knew or anyone outside the politics of Wash, that Bush had that sense of humor... to tell you the truth, i never knew of his time in WW2.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think after he was out of office he let world know a bit more he had sense of humor. Remember he enjoyed Carvey impersonations of him
dang, i really never realize about that point of Carvey time on SNL..... you are correct.

remember i am really old, but i feel as the era of great leaders are slowly going away.....

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Reddit is absolute garbage. It's the dregs of social media/the internet. No other platform even comes close to being as bad.

The main boards are way worse with anything that pertains to the Blackhawks organization.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
About have my Astro-imaging system together. Will post a pick in a few days once everything is operational. It was more of an undertaking x 10 than I had expected but I guess that is part of the fun.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i was just watching the train carry Pres Bush to his funeral site ...... very nice and classy how all the tv stations are doing this tribute. very well done.

the last time i remember ever a political scene on a funeral was Bobby Kennedy and to tell you the truth i don't remember see it on tv. maybe in the new report ..... not like today's 24 hour news station.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I'm in lockdown mode with that going forward. Essentially, if know I'm going to see a movie, I don't want to see a fraction of a second in advance because trailers show way too much and I like going in surprised as much as possible.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Yeah, I'm in lockdown mode with that going forward. Essentially, if know I'm going to see a movie, I don't want to see a fraction of a second in advance because trailers show way too much and I like going in surprised as much as possible.

I'm honestly the same way, but I watched that one, I'll forget everything by April.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Does one need to see all of the indivdual character movies to really understand and appreciate the Avengers films where they’re all together?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Does one need to see all of the indivdual character movies to really understand and appreciate the Avengers films where they’re all together?

Eh, not at all.

Basically, if I had to describe a core canon for should sees:

Iron Man -> Avengers -> Guardians -> Avengers: Ultron -> Civil War -> Dr. Strange -> Ragnarok -> Infinity War

And I'm assuming that Captain Marvel will be an important one, too.

If you watch those films, you pretty much are caught up to speed with minimal gaps. There are great films that I left out, like Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming, and I'm not saying that those are the best of the best (Ultron is meh), but I think those highlight the key story arcs and/or major shifts in theme or setting. Just know Bucky and Cap are buds and sad when they're fighting, Thor used to be a dullard and has a headache with his brother Loki, and Wakanda is neat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Liner

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Eh, not at all.

Basically, if I had to describe a core canon for should sees:

Iron Man -> Avengers -> Guardians -> Avengers: Ultron -> Civil War -> Dr. Strange -> Ragnarok -> Infinity War

And I'm assuming that Captain Marvel will be an important one, too.

If you watch those films, you pretty much are caught up to speed with minimal gaps. There are great films that I left out, like Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming, and I'm not saying that those are the best of the best (Ultron is meh), but I think those highlight the key story arcs and/or major shifts in theme or setting. Just know Bucky and Cap are buds and sad when they're fighting, Thor used to be a dullard and has a headache with his brother Loki, and Wakanda is neat.

*Takes notes*

Thank you. Now I just need to find spare time to watch movies. :help:

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
AntMan and the Wasp is needed viewing to understand what will happen in Endgame.

AntMan is going to help the group time travel into the past via the Quantum realm to steal infinity stones before Thanos gets to 'em, thus making him beatable and not able to destroy half the universe.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
AntMan and the Wasp is needed viewing to understand what will happen in Endgame.

AntMan is going to help the group time travel into the past to steal infinity stones before Thanos gets to 'em, thus making him beatable and not able to destroy half the universe.
yeah in one trailer ...... it was really good. a time of 5 yrs is suppose to have expire..... all superhero i think are back except Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad