OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Greetings this morning from Toker Nation! Yes ...it is C-Day...the Ganja is legal in Canada as of today ...The Great White North is now MaryJaneane! Open for Weed Tourism....The price was listed in the media articles today at anout $7.50 can per gram..

Of course it will be interesting if legalization spikes consumption patterns and by how much if any...Pre-legal users probably consume more and there may be more 1st time users among youthe who want to try it due to experimentation and peer pressure. .BUT there also us a counter resistance..the Non-Smoker (of tobacco) who does not want to incurred possible lung damage or other possible long term health risks...the long -term effects of pot are not fully studied and the few studies so far reveal some conflicting results ...so it may also depend on how much of the stuff people consume .. We do know 2 things for sure. .there will be an increase in coughing and as for driving. ..a recent study at McGill University found that even after 5 hours since partaking,the users were having trouble with some tasks of driving ; while they could steer and brake normally in regular traffic,,they had trouble parallel parking and in reaction time to sudden unexpected impediments coming into their road path ....thus awareness seemed still impaired over normal...More likely to hit persons entering to cross the road or hit persons on bycycles...

So it is with this caution...if you have not part taken or at least for a lot longer than 5 hours ago. ..and are driving,then be EXTRA alert for any signs the drivers in front and in back or to the sides of you might be still impaired by the weed ...You gotta be extra careful out there on the roads. .

We shall know if accidents on the road increase with the legalization of pot of our car insurance rates rise significantly ....

It will be an interesting test case...Canada is now only the 2nd Country in the World to legalize pot for all uses...There now will be plenty of proper studies on the long term effects from pot use ..

While potbis now legal in Canada there are separate Provincial and Territories jurisdictions which were allowed to set their own rules for policing and enfocibgvthenlaws on this ...and this will vary from Province to Province /Territories ...Also each municipality can set its own bylaws for where smoking pot will be allowed and businesses or other employers may set their own policiea for where and when their employees may partake or not ..

So there will be a lot of conflicting laws affecting these matters depending on location and employer rules.

As for Weed Tourism....it may be that Hotels will have to enforce the same non-smoking policies for their rooms with pot as they do with tobacco smoking. If smoker rooms are offered then I guess they would do the same for pot smoking in such special rooms ...But they also could still bannit even in a tobacco -smoker room if they have that because unlike with tobacco smoke,they might fear that customers who get high on pot might have a bad trip and start trashing up the room and damage property. .So I am not sure how hotels will set their policies on this.

Finally. .the distribution retailers for legal pot and the supply chain are supposedly not fully ready to meet expected demand ..So for awhile there could be some supply problems until things are fully ramped up .
Of course when the Blackhawks visit Canadian teams in their arenas I epect it will not affect our players or their games ....caisevourvguys would never damage their athletic careers from smoking any substance,would they ? (Though the coaching staff is a different matter..so if you see Q acting a bit more strange in his blender decisions you might be questioning if it is just normal Q or if he switched up his Merit last night for some weed)
..Yet I would not put bit past our Mannequins to go to king if they are included bonus the trip ..and I wonder about the Charter pilots flying the planes back from Canada or in Canada when going from game to game.

A lot to ponder ...it probably all works out. .but sometimes you know the best laid plans oft gang a'glay...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If he's on the dog side, he is clearly a good person.

tenor.gif

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Those dog attacks probably stir up some ancient/primal human instincts and defense mechanisms in your head and your modern brain doesn't know how to fully handle it. Maybe that explains the weird mood you two were in immediately after.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Some intense fight or flight stuff from fending off sabre-toothed tigers and ****. :laugh:

I wonder if the human race will be around long enough to begin to evolve from those days into modern society. Evolution takes thousands of years so who knows.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
*attorney emails over an issue at 10:16*
*attorney emails over same issue again at 10:19*
*I respond at 10:21 that I'm working on it*
*attorney emails ****ing again at 10:27 for an update*
*I send exactly what they want at 10:29*

Jesus, patience, you turd. From initial email to completion of the task, it took 13 minutes and you felt the need to send three emails. Shut up.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

Jesus, patience, you turd. From initial email to completion of the task, it took 13 minutes and you felt the need to send three emails. Shut up.
What a tool.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I'd have waited until 4:59pm to send it back, and then thanked him for his patience. What a dbag.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
To be fair, it was over a closing that was taking place within the next hour, so it was a pressing concern, but at the same time sending multiple emails is still pretty idiotic on their part, especially as if I was knee-deep in another file or dealing with any sort of technical issue or conference call, she would've just been blanket emailing someone that didn't even read the emails yet.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Saw a giant tarantula in the wild last weekend on a travel. Never seen one that big before, like significantly bigger than the already big ones you see here semi regularly.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Where the hell were you at Ray? And where do you live regularly?

Salt Lake City- September and October is tarantula mating season apparently. They’re pretty common out here in the dessert. I’ve seen 4-5 in the last few weeks. I didn’t see any at all last year. It’s pretty common to come across them on the trails but you’ll never see them in the city area.

We live in downtown SLC, but you can come across them on the trails that start just 2-3 miles outside the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad