OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have not flown nearly enough to really have an opinion of any airline, other than f*** Delta for stranding me in Atlanta for 24 hours and Qantas was great for the long ass to/from Los Angeles/Auckland flights.

Very early stages of thinking about a vacation to the Caribbean next year, so will have to consider that soon. If we pull the trigger on that, we'll probably just be lazy and go for a direct flight, so even though Curacao is very high on my hit list of places that I'd like to visit eventually, probably will be the Bahamas or another direct flight destination from Chicago.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I've got like 60k United miles and I'm gonna get another 40k with my new card.

Nice. We blew all ours in our honeymoon, but we’re almost back up to like 200,000 with Delta. I have an REI credit card right now that I got for all the stuff we needed when we moved here. Now that we have most of that, I might get my own separate Delta card from the one my wife has to get the extra 70,000 miles they are offering right now.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I typically fly Delta.

Same, although I’ll hahe my first experience with Southwest in 2 weeks.

I flew Alaskan Airlines back in July to Vancouver and they were awesome. Would happily fly them more but they’re usually more expensive than Delta for where I’ve been going.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Changing topics...so it appears Ellen DeGeneres has 77 million twitter followers and Taylor Swift has 84 million twitter followers...this lowers my opinion of Americans who have nothing g better to do than follow these nitwit celebrites. .

Now there arex2voissibliries. . EITHER there really are that many American nitwits followong
..I'm which case America is doomed...or the numbers are being manipulated by twitter as part of the culture spin that the CIA/Silicon Valley axis wants to direct America and the World to embrace ...they thus build up cultural icons on TV and in pop music or in movies to spin their politically correct views that they want accepted into mainstream thinking and if you do not follow these set up icons of culture you are labeled as fringe looney and you must have something mentally wrong with you.

So either these massive folower numbers are true or they are falsely inflated for the cause of culture manipulation purposes.

Discuss.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Changing topics...so it appears Ellen DeGeneres has 77 million twitter followers and Taylor Swift has 84 million twitter followers...this lowers my opinion of Americans who have nothing g better to do than follow these nitwit celebrites. .

Now there arex2voissibliries. . EITHER there really are that many American nitwits followong
..I'm which case America is doomed...or the numbers are being manipulated by twitter as part of the culture spin that the CIA/Silicon Valley axis wants to direct America and the World to embrace ...they thus build up cultural icons on TV and in pop music or in movies to spin their politically correct views that they want accepted into mainstream thinking and if you do not follow these set up icons of culture you are labeled as fringe looney and you must have something mentally wrong with you.

So either these massive folower numbers are true or they are falsely inflated for the cause of culture manipulation purposes.

Discuss.

And yet here you are posting about it on a hockey message board.... who’s the [mod] now?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That was a hard right. First, the numbers are definitely inflated, as buying followers is a well-documented thing.

Second, why assume that only Americans follow them? Probably quite a few Euros follow 'em as well, especially as I kind of doubt that there are that many American twitter accounts, period.

Third, who cares? Oh, somone's popular on twitter.... so?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
LOL yes, all of Taylor Swift's 84 million followers are American. No one else from anywhere else. If an entertainer is American no one else around the world follows them. Nope.

Jesus f*** the idiocy on this site knows no bounds. And as others have said, who cares?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
LOL yes, all of Taylor Swift's 84 million followers are American. No one else from anywhere else. If an entertainer is American no one else around the world follows them. Nope.

Jesus **** the idiocy on this site knows no bounds. And as others have said, who cares?

I’m mad at myself for actually reading his post. I’ve trained myself to just skip right by his hockey posts without even skimming, let alone reading, but he suckered me into reading his OT post. :shakehead

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well even Canadians are seriously unhinged...Read it on Google today. ..Man strip naked and jumps into the Shark Tank at Toronto's Ripley Aquarium...The entire world is going nuts. ..Now if Ellen and Taylor Swift jumped into a Shark Tank naked...well I would applaud that ...Ellen is nice but I do not laugh at her humour. ..Taylor's music is garbage ...The Sharks can feast on them for all I care.But alas that fantask would never happen. .their CIA handlers would never allow it .

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

Jesus **** the idiocy on this site knows no bounds. And as others have said, who cares?
Is it a surprise he takes this tack considering his views on hockey? There’s a correlation there.

Reactions: Blue Liner

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Going to Las Vegas for the 1st time Thursday. Can’t wait for a **** show.

Going to catch the Knights-Ducks game while I’m out there as well.

Have still never been, but can’t say I have any desire to go either.

It’s not a far drive from here so will probably go eventually, but am not going out of my way to go anytime soon.

You just gambling and drinking for the most part while there? Any shows or good restaurants planned?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Have still never been, but can’t say I have any desire to go either.

It’s not a far drive from here so will probably go eventually, but am not going out of my way to go anytime soon.

You just gambling and drinking for the most part while there? Any shows or good restaurants planned?
My buddy lives out there. There will definitely be a good amount of drinking. We’re going to do some stuff outdoors and hit up some restaurants. Also the game as I already mentioned. I’ll most likely hit up the book for Sunday’s action too.

Other than that I’m just going to walk around and adventure. I like just walking and listening to tunes and popping in places.

The main reason I’m going out there is to visit my friend because like you I never had any desire to go. I’m not much into clubbing or gambling which seems to be the main attraction for most.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My buddy lives out there. We’re going to do some stuff outdoors and hit up some restaurants. Also the game as I already mentioned. I’ll most likely hit up the book for Sunday’s action too.

Other than that I’m just going to walk around and adventure. I like just walking and listening to tunes and popping in places.

The main reason I’m going out there is to visit my friend because like you I never had any desire to go. I’m not much into clubbing or gambling.

Nice, have a fun trip.

I could see myself sitting in a sports book for a while and drinking and betting on games, but don’t think I’d want to do it for more than a day. Two tops.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Nice, have a fun trip.

I could see myself sitting in a sports book for a while and drinking and betting on games, but don’t think I’d want to do it for more than a day. Two tops.
Yeah, Sunday is my last day there. My flight leaves at 5 something so I’ll be able to catch all the early games and get a late lunch before heading to the airport. I don’t think I’m going to do much (if any) gambling, I’m going mainly for the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad