Chicagoland
'The Mighty Ducks' Goalie Shaun Weiss Stuck in Downward Spiral

0806-shaun-weiss-mug-1.jpg

Is only 38 yrs old and looks like he is 58

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Almost four months into being a dad, and for the life of me I don't see how people could handle being a parent with less money than us, without access to daycare, and without readily willing grandmothers stepping in to be nannies several days a week. Can't even imagine doing this without our very reliable and large circle of support or being able to afford daycare for the days when the grandmas are unavailable.

Too bad BCBS is being a total dick with overcharging us past they deductible that the already admit that we more than surpassed.

Reactions: Easy E

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Recovering from the Pearl Jam show in Seattle night #2. What a concert! 3.5 hours, Kim Thayil and Mudhoney joined them and played some of my most wanted songs. Immortality, Footsteps, crown of Thorns, Leash, Rats, Whipping, etc.....much better than 1st night). Great setting and fans were awesome.

We then drove to Missoula ( purdy 7 hour drive from Seattle) for the show tomorrow night but we are fly fishing tomorrow morning before the show. Cool looking merchandise for this show. The lines in Seattle.....insane for merch but got what I wanted. Hope it is easier here than there!

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Good to see a fellow PJ fan here. I definitely would of traveled to Missoula or Seattle if not for my wife and I buying a house later this year. Gotta save every penny. But I'll be at both Wrigley shows. Can't wait

Reactions: Race Bannon

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
This stadium is pretty small. It is a little bigger than the UC and it is outside. Going to have fun. I get the buying a house thing as the previous year of us moving out west.....we kept things tight. So 18 months later we are back to having fun again. So get where you are coming from!

Enjoy Wrigley!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarava

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It was a great day of golf. Tiger shot a 64 and honestly it could have been 61-62. People are hating on Koepka’s demeanor and it is just stupid.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Did some family research thanks to my father-in-law providing some records as he's been on a big genealogical kick since my wife (his daughter) and I had our first son, and made a pretty surprising discovery on my mom's maternal side. We had been under he impression that both halves of my maternal family, Croatian and Polish, had immigrated to the United States just before WWI independently, but I only just now found out that while my Polish great-grandfather had come over in 1913, my Polish great-grandmother didn't come over until 1916. That means during WWI.

They were both from the Austro-Hungarian part of Poland, were already married, and immigrated through the Netherlands, but that almost assuredly means that my great-grandmother was stuck for a few years in Holland as all hell erupted, as I somehow doubt that an Austro-Hungarian citizen would've gotten into neutral Holland through Germany as the war was being waged.

Now I just want to find out more about her, and what she was up to during the time between her husband going to America, the war breaking out, her being stuck in Holland for about two years of war, and the getting across the Atlantic through the British blockade interdicting everything and the Germans torpedoing a load of ships as well.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It was a great day of golf. Tiger shot a 64 and honestly it could have been 61-62. People are hating on Koepka’s demeanor and it is just stupid.

Koepka is the guy who is hated by, or hates his family, or something like that right?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Are we allowed to sell memorabilia on here? I've got a bunch of Hawks autographs sitting in the burbs that are doing me no use.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He is very robotic out there so some people are hating on him.

Well he is a machine....one I wish I was on the course! He is very even keeled which is how you would want to be. Tiger does all the fist pumping, prancing, shouting to himself on the course which the casual fans love. That usually doesn’t work for the other golfers.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well he is a machine....one I wish I was on the course! He is very even keeled which is how you would want to be. Tiger does all the fist pumping, prancing, shouting to himself on the course which the casual fans love. That usually doesn’t work for the other golfers.

Oh I agree but I also think Tiger is great for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad