OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Stayed in Grand Lake about 6 years ago. Haven't been back since. I need to go back real soon. Loved it in Colorado, even before the legalization. :laugh:

We’ll be about 2 hours south of there, at Twin Lakes. A friend is doing a 100 mile trail run out there this weekend (Leadville).

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
DC was pretty cool but not as good as Chicago, NYC, Nashville. Felt like Indianapolis but with a lot more foreign speakers and museums.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's nice just about anywhere you go. And damn, that's a hell of a run. I struggle with 1 mile. To hell with 100.

100 is just stupid. Miles 50-99 he has to have a pacer, so I’m going to pace him for a chunk of it overnight. It’s gonna suck.

DC was pretty cool but not as good as Chicago, NYC, Nashville. Felt like Indianapolis but with a lot more foreign speakers and museums.

I love DC. Wouldn’t want to ever live there but would be happy to go back and visit again. Comparing it to Nashville is odd, though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Happy National Rum Day! Get your Bacardi out ...mix your fave drink and give a toast to Madonna on her 60th and you can dream about being on your own Isla Bonita .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Happy National Rum Day! Get your Bacardi out ...mix your fave drink and give a toast to Madonna on her 60th and you can dream about being on your own Isla Bonita .

Bacardi? Ew. Can find much better rum to drink. :thumbu:

Hell, I'll take Captain or Sailor Jerry over Bacardi any day. I prefer spiced rums.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
@x Tame Impala you still diving into rum?

Not rum, but I recently had a local barrel aged gin that was quite delicious.

All the time Just had an amazing smokes Rum at some bar after work a couple days ago. I can never remember to names of the rums I like though. These bars give you a list with anywhere from 12-100 rums and they're mostly all delicious.

What was the name of that Gin???? I've been drinking this...
8940640665630.png

and it's been nice. Really nice change of pace from the more floral/botanical gins I've been drinking this summer

Reactions: RayP

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
All the time Just had an amazing smokes Rum at some bar after work a couple days ago. I can never remember to names of the rums I like though. These bars give you a list with anywhere from 12-100 rums and they're mostly all delicious.

What was the name of that Gin???? I've been drinking this...
8940640665630.png

and it's been nice. Really nice change of pace from the more floral/botanical gins I've been drinking this summer
giphy.gif

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Speaking of D.C. , my girl wants to go there with me sometime this fall for a weekend trip. What do you guys recommend we do? She's actually pretty into the Founding Fathers so we'll for sure see a lot of that but in terms of other cool places (bars, restaurants, things to do, etc...)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Gin>>>>>>>>Vodka

Malort is awful, but it's always fun to do a shot of it every once and a while when you're drunk with friends

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Speaking of D.C. , my girl wants to go there with me sometime this fall for a weekend trip. What do you guys recommend we do? She's actually pretty into the Founding Fathers so we'll for sure see a lot of that but in terms of other cool places (bars, restaurants, things to do, etc...)

If you go through your state rep, I've heard you can get a tour of the White House and maybe the Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad