OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Eh. I am Tiger’d out. They made this all about the guy who finished second and not the guy would has one 3 majors since Tiger last won one. Tiger doesn’t have to just beat Phil and Ernie to win a major anymore. There are a lot more better golfers now than ever.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Eh. I am Tiger’d out. They made this all about the guy who finished second and not the guy would has one 3 majors since Tiger last won one. Tiger doesn’t have to just beat Phil and Ernie to win a major anymore. There are a lot more better golfers now than ever.

I am not but I know a lot of people that are. Tiger is a huge reason to why we have so many great young golfers. Thomas, Fowler, Speith, Rory, etc. all grew up watching Tiger.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll look into that. From a beginner perspective any brands or models you’d try and find and any you’d avoid?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would go to Taylor-Made website and look at the club finder tool. Then figure out what past years model lines up with the current mode or go to Golf Galaxy for a fitting.

Reactions: RayP

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Reading up on the history of wrestling is wildly entertaining, fan of wrestling or not. Rowdy Roddy Piper once got paid for a months work of shows for a Folgers can full of cocaine.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ll look into that. From a beginner perspective any brands or models you’d try and find and any you’d avoid?

I’d find used Callaway. Very good clubs, and relatively forgiving for someone new to the game.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Any concern buying a used set?

Nah, as long as the clubs are all there. Probably won’t matter if it doesn’t have a 2-iron or driver, since you have to work up to that, but you’ll want the other woods. Make sure it has the wedges.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Taking steroids for the first time. Inhaler prescribed for a bad cough.

Holy **** my heart is racing.

I had that with pneumonia 2-3 weeks ago. I could not get rid of the cough for 2-3 months prior and tried the inhaler as well with no success. Eventually prednisone worked well but I had to be on some antibiotics for a while as the steroids weaken your immune system. Feeling much better but still have the occasional nagging cough. If you find the ultimate cure let me know please!!!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A small liberal arts college has introduced a new system where students can grade themselves
..it is called Con....where before the Semester begibs stidents pick their grade and then get the appropriate 'workload" which must be. done to get that grade .

So if only the NHL would adopt a version of this!

Imagine if there was a base salary assignment ed to every player ...then they pick their appropriate workload based on parameters of production per minutes played and some measure of goals by team for when on shift minus goals against when on shift ....the point being that both success and effort should be there to an A grade level if the "work" is done almost every shift or most of every game...If a player thinks he cannot give such A "performance" every game then he can choose the grade (and pay consequences) he thinks or is willing to provide enough "work" to achieve...Such that if he thinks,no way I can give my best for all 82 games then maybe I can show up for 60 great games ...so if they choose 60 /82 we would call it a B score ..if they choose 72 /82 that is an A score (we must leave 10 poor games as a minimum margin because all humans have
some bad days...).

But if they think they are only capable of 52/82 we would call that a C
..if they choose 41/82 that is only marginal success /me level and so that should be a D grade ..If they choose below that they should either never be given a contract in the first place or they should be bought out.

But what if a player does better than the grade they choose? A reserve from the cap needs to be implemented for such a happy surprise and drawn from to pay the extra expense for this added to next season base pay for that player ..If they Earn it...they eventually get it !

So what if every player chooses their grade and some or most fail to provide the work to achieve it ?The money the fail to earn should go back into a pot of additional team cap space for the following season..If this is not an incentive for player to EARN their pay checks then I do not know what is..there will be No More Country Club no shows!

The players under system would also be able to scrap their agents and save on paying such agents a cut!

This pick your own pay grade system has a lot of merit ..I think NHL owners should demand a move to such a system in the next CBA ..and again...who needs agents?Let us get rid of them and go to this or some other forms of meritocracy ..you gotta earn it !

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Reading up on the history of wrestling is wildly entertaining, fan of wrestling or not. Rowdy Roddy Piper once got paid for a months work of shows for a Folgers can full of cocaine.

Cocaine is actually pretty expensive. Still a crazy story but the dollars and cents of it is probably not as outlandish as you might think

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
About 1.5 weeks into my new job and I’m loving it. Have learned a lot and still need to learn a lot, but it’s started off about as well as I could ask. I definitely understand why they said there is a large learning curve with this, though. It’s not super complicated to understand, but the process you go through is very detailed and time consuming.

I’m a credit analyst, by the way, for those who were curious what I’m talking about lol. I can tell it’s been a lot because I’ve been heading to bed wayyyy earlier than normal as well haha

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Going to Colorado this weekend for the first time. :yo:

I’ve always wanted to go there, surprised I’ve never been to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad