OT: Anything Goes 28: Good Weather (for now) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If you like fantasy in the vein of hunger games/game of thrones, I can not recommend the Red Rising trilogy highly enough

hunger games was good, except for the last book. i never got into game of thrones.. i finally got done with an off shoot of the idea of game of thrones, it took me a long time. but the 4 book of the spider wars was finally done.

but everyone has an opinion.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
hunger games was good, except for the last book. i never got into game of thrones.. i finally got done with an off shoot of the idea of game of thrones, it took me a long time. but the 4 book of the spider wars was finally done.

but everyone has an opinion.

Ya the author of hunger games had no idea what the ending was for that series and it showed. Books got worse as they went on.

I'd also recommend the mistborn series if people want fantasy recommendations. Red rising first though

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ya the author of hunger games had no idea what the ending was for that series and it showed. Books got worse as they went on.

I'd also recommend the mistborn series if people want fantasy recommendations. Red rising first though

have you read allegiance trilogy..... the first book is good, the 2nd and 3rd garbage .... the author is from chi and she use the backdrop of chi ....

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hunger games was a ripoff of the short story 'the lottery' and not 1/100th as good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Vacation was badly needed. Now I'm ruing going back to work tomorrow.... oh well.

Also, Baby Driver and Spider-Man Homecoming were both fantastic.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
i kinda liked the spiderman movie. they redid the story...

i need to see baby drive. now i am stoke to seeing it.

Yeah both we're good, Baby Driver, one of the best films of the year imo.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I had this toy when I was a kid and loved it. Plus it was pretty much indestructible. I figured it might be fun to get one and see if I could get my dog to chase it, since she could honestly not care less about fetching balls or sticks. Anything that looks alive and runs though...

I didn't think it would be the hunt for El Dorado to find the thing, though. Yeesh. Vintage toys is a deep rabbit hole...

If anybody knows of a modern equivalent I could just pick up at a toys r us or something, let me know. The key points are durability, and the two-sided setup where the wheel diameter is larger than the car, so that it can bounce around and flip and keep moving, particularly on grass or gravel.

Thanks.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
i kinda liked the spiderman movie. they redid the story...

i need to see baby drive. now i am stoke to seeing it.

Was surprised how funny I found the new spiderman. also was surprised one of the screenwriters was an actor from freaks and geeks.

I liked spiderman but enjoyed wonder woman more though. probably because while this iteration was pretty well done its not like there is that much more spiderman story to tell after so many movies the last 15 years

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Was surprised how funny I found the new spiderman. also was surprised one of the screenwriters was an actor from freaks and geeks.

I liked spiderman but enjoyed wonder woman more though. probably because while this iteration was pretty well done its not like there is that much more spiderman story to tell after so many movies the last 15 years

yeah i like the fact that they, the movie director and writer did not forget that the new spiderman is 14-going on 15.... snippet from the movie which i found funny.

so the humor was age appropriate

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Never been a Spiderman fan period, and the previews for this movie were beyond cheesy.... but I keep hearing great things about this movie.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Can't wait for this to return in a few months.

$

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'll have to re-watch it, I can't remember anything at all of the plot of the last season. Just did a little googling.... and obviously it's been a while, but I didn't realize it was all the way back to 2011 for S8.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Was that the last season? My memory sucks, but I'd have guessed that even a season or two prior than the last one.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Mighta been, like you said, that was 2 Cups ago, a lot has happened since then, haha.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Got back in the gym today for the first time in a really long time. (way too long) and damn did it ever feel good to be back at it. It won't feel so good in a couple of days but it'll hurt so good! :laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Got back in the gym today for the first time in a really long time. (way too long) and damn did it ever feel good to be back at it. It won't feel so good in a couple of days but it'll hurt so good! :laugh:

In before you can't get out of bed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad