OT: Anything Goes 28: Good Weather (for now) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Yeah, I've been going out there a long time. The amount of morons on the water on the weekends is ridiculous. Packed is an understatement! Was out there last year Labor Day weekend... and yeah, it was chaos. I have friends that I've fished with a ton on their boats. Ice fished it quite a bit as well. So I'm familiar with the entire Chain. If I were to get it, it would be 95% for fishing, and the other 5% would be to drag the kids out and go tubing once in a while during the summer.

I'm kind of past that whole partying on the water thing, although I've done some insane partying out there back when I was stupid and reckless. Blarney Island was always a blast.

It's fun every so often, but I don't drink when I'm driving my boat. I may have one or two over a long period of time, but it's no different than being in my car, to me. Except way more dangerous and with way more drunken morons all around you...

Just picked up my boat last summer, and it wasn't ready for the water until August. So I didn't bother with the Chain sticker. Debating it this year, though.

Yea, Blarneys can be a blast but even I'm too old for that. :laugh: That place can get pretty crazy... I used to go a lot when I was in my 20's..... But now I normally just get a case of Bud, get drunk and fish and gamble... There I a little bar across the street from my families cottage on Lake Marie where the locals go, it's cool they have 1 dollar beers, volleyball, darts and pool which is fun....

See, when I go out on the boat I never drive - I always have someone else drive so I can drink, we usually just go out cruising through the channels or go to the sand bar... Heck, a couple of years back me and a few buddies put a TV on his pontoon and we streamed the World Cup on the middle of the lake which was pretty awesome..

See, now I got an itch to take my boat out given how nice the weather is.. :laugh: But it's all winterized in my garage and there is just no logical reason to put it back in the water, because I don't have any desire to re-winterize it just to use it a couple of times.... I do have a little bass boat too with an outboard that I could take out but it's nothing special.

Ah, I'll be back on the water in a couple of months anyway..... I'll have the boat in probably by mid-April and I will be set for the summer...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man I am having a good day

1) Ran into some old friends who are now married and had lunch with them (Hadn't seen since we graduated HS in 2003)
2) The vacation week I put in at work was approved
3) Won $5,000 on an instant ticket

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yep today was a very nice day to what was a poor year

And yes I believe after taxes it will be a little over 3K+ payout. Still for a $20 investment that is still a great haul

Game I won on the odds for 5k prize are 1 in 25,283

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

And yes I believe after taxes it will be a little over 3K+ payout. Still for a $20 investment that is still a great haul

Awesome! Congrats man! Which game was it?

When my mom won 10k on the $5 ticket I bought for her, the check that came in the mail was $7,100ish

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
IL986CV.jpg

I had 100x symbol with $50 underneath it

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
NASA announced that seven earth-sized planets orbit the nearby star TRAPPIST-1 (39 light years away), three of which may lie within the star's habitability zone and thereby possibly have liquid water on the surface.

Neat stuff.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Exoplanets are interesting but given how limited our ability to view them and study them is at this point I don't get excited much about them anymore

Hopefully we can improve technology to study them in coming decades

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I just hope the check doesn't bounce when you go to cash it. Cuz, you know, Illinois.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think Ray just popped up in my "peeps you may know" on Facebook :laugh:

Srs? Think I have one or two degenerate Loungers as friends on Facebook.

If it's a picture of a canal in Venice, with no other pics then yeah that's me. Never actually use it though, but somehow some people find me through my wife from time to time.... although that's probably be even weirder. :laugh:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
That's so strange - it was an older guy, so I thought it couldn't be you, but the only reason I thought it might is that he's from here originally and lives in the Atlanta area now. Too funny.

Since we've emailed for fantasy & my NCAA pool a few years back I guess my cookies know your full name - really creepy that Facebook somehow gets to that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's so strange - it was an older guy, so I thought it couldn't be you, but the only reason I thought it might is that he's from here originally and lives in the Atlanta area now. Too funny.

Since we've emailed for fantasy & my NCAA pool a few years back I guess my cookies know your full name - really creepy that Facebook somehow gets to that.

Probably my dad then, same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad