OT: Anything Goes 28: Good Weather (for now) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Got back in the gym today for the first time in a really long time. (way too long) and damn did it ever feel good to be back at it. It won't feel so good in a couple of days but it'll hurt so good! :laugh:

Did the same thing the past month but it wasn't that long that I was out of it. Used to be in the gym 5-6 times a week. Stopped going around the holidays last year and just never really picked back up. Lifted for the first time again two weeks ago and it was amazing how much I lost by not working out for 6-7 months. Couldn't feel my damn arms when I woke up the next day too.

All and all I'm really glad I got back into the gym and started eating better again. I just feel a lot better and more energetic throughout the day.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got back in the gym today for the first time in a really long time. (way too long) and damn did it ever feel good to be back at it. It won't feel so good in a couple of days but it'll hurt so good! :laugh:

Enjoy your pain. :laugh:

On the flip side, I just wrapped up a long 5 month stretch of training and am looking forward of 3 weeks of very little training.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Enjoy your pain. :laugh:

On the flip side, I just wrapped up a long 5 month stretch of training and am looking forward of 3 weeks of very little training.

There's an Orange Theory opening up right by my house. I'm going to die aren't I, Ray?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There's an Orange Theory opening up right by my house. I'm going to die aren't I, Ray?

Yeah, but you'll probably be surrounded by a bunch of women in the process, so you've got that going for you. :laugh:

My wife goes there weekly. I've joined her a few times, it's ok.... but they repeat a lot of the same **** over and over, so I'd try it out for a month and go a few times a week, before committing to it long term.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I need to get back to the gym too. Being in the hospital for two weeks and eating hospital food wasn't good to me.
And now we are back in the hospital. Hopefully getting out within the next two days

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Has anyone ever seen the show "Power"? New season just started airing last week and I just about lost my **** to the surprise of seeing Charlie Murphy cast in this season. He does look kind of skinny in the show.

I guess none of the cast even knew he had Leukemia or was even sick for that matter.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Any good deals? Trying to get rid of ****, not acquire, so haven't really looked.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Any good deals? Trying to get rid of ****, not acquire, so haven't really looked.

Yeah, they got me on a two piece Samsonite luggage set. I don't even travel. But it was $130, down from $450, for the pair and I don't really have anything decent luggage wise. I figure I'm set for life now and can pass these down as a family heirloom someday, the quality appears that good. So I'll have to start traveling now. But yeah, I'm stacked to the brim with **** too so I need to have self control today.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'm buying useless ****. It's just so damn cheap.

I know, that's the stuff I'm trying to avoid, lol. There's just so many cheap electronics. A light for your toilet bowl, lights for behind the TV to avoid eye strain....that's what they got me on, lol. I'm just gonna otherwise try to look for expensive items that are stupid cheap like the suitcases but I haven't seen any other deals of that caliber....yet.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I bought a pair of sunglasses, a remote controlled helicopter - because it was 15 bucks and that might be a fun hour or two with the kiddo, a meat tenderizer, a graphic novel, and a pair of house slippers. I've spent like $45.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I know, that's the stuff I'm trying to avoid, lol. There's just so many cheap electronics. A light for your toilet bowl, lights for behind the TV to avoid eye strain....that's what they got me on, lol. I'm just gonna otherwise try to look for expensive items that are stupid cheap like the suitcases but I haven't seen any other deals of that caliber....yet.

We were in an AirBNB a few weeks ago that had one of these, don't know if it helped with eye strain at all but it looked cool as hell. :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I bought a pair of sunglasses, a remote controlled helicopter - because it was 15 bucks and that might be a fun hour or two with the kiddo, a meat tenderizer, a graphic novel, and a pair of house slippers. I've spent like $45.

Nice. Sunglasses are amazing on Amazon. Designer quality for less than gas station prices. God bless cheaply available Chinese goods. Stay away, Trump! We need this ****!

We were in an AirBNB a few weeks ago that had one of these, don't know if it helped with eye strain at all but it looked cool as hell. :laugh:

Very nice. I was skeptical so this is reassuring. I just painted my living room so I was hoping this would help the dark colored accent wall behind the TV pop, sounds like they will. I liked the name too, luminoodle.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Amazon is honestly taking over everything. It's pretty ridiculous.

Between them, automation, and all that jazz.... we're in for a wild ride in the next few decades, that's for sure.

Nice. Sunglasses are amazing on Amazon. Designer quality for less than gas station prices. God bless cheaply available Chinese goods. Stay away, Trump! We need this ****!

Very nice. I was skeptical so this is reassuring. I just painted my living room so I was hoping this would help the dark colored accent wall behind the TV pop, sounds like they will. I liked the name too, luminoodle.

Yeah, I want one when we move now for sure. Although the way this guy had it set up was with bookshelves built into the wall, that were white. So it lit up really really well with the white wall/shelves.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Amazon is honestly taking over everything. It's pretty ridiculous.

There are so many essential products that I didn't even know existed before Amazon. It's truly amazing what they've done with it, wish I was of age/intelligence to buy stock in them when they just sold books.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I haven't worked out in forever, like years. But I've lost about 10-15 lbs since by baby girl was born in December. Carrying her around (shes 17 lbs now), going on long walks, and chasing her around and not always eating meals has be under 2 bills for the first time in at least 5 years.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I haven't worked out in forever, like years. But I've lost about 10-15 lbs since by baby girl was born in December. Carrying her around (shes 17 lbs now), going on long walks, and chasing her around and not always eating meals has be under 2 bills for the first time in at least 5 years.

That's awesome. Having a little one will do that. Mine's a workout, too. He's a year and a half now and he's a little tank.

Lost 40 pounds a couple years ago and almost got below 200 but not quite. Ended up putting a lot of that back on when my wife got pregnant and just ruined everything I did. Gotten back into good eating habits and gradually adding the gym stuff into the mix. It's amazing what good eating alone will do. I dropped that 40 pounds almost solely from eating well with a little bit of low impact exercise here and there. Definitely want to get below 200 this time around and stay there. Haven't been since my playing days.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nice to see healthy and active posters here. Keep it up boys (and Courtney).

I started doing boxing this summer and it's the most intense training I've ever had to do. I can go an hour on the elliptical with high resistance, pump out a 30 mile bike ride, and play hockey for an hour with relatively little problems. This **** is killing me. Learning how to properly throw punches, defend, and counter is awesome though. Much harder than I thought and it's giving me a lot more appreciation for getting hit in the face.

Also, watching fight scenes in TV and movies is pretty funny now. These guys would be dead in real life with the way they're getting hit and thrown around. They'd also be dead tired after about 30 seconds. Not a lot of realism in entertainment, who knew!? :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's definitely frustrating how not working out for a week and eating kinda bad will COMPLETELY ruin your last 2 weeks of being on your best behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad