OT: Anything Goes 11: Coke>Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

There are many days as an adult where I'd love to just teleport back to college days for a while.

For the non school items......yes. I actually miss Economics. I thought it was a fun class. And my friends back then. It was fun but school got in the way :)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
For the non school items......yes. I actually miss Economics. I thought it was a fun class. And my friends back then. It was fun but school got in the way :)

Even school items, for me, anyway. College seems tough at the time but everything is relative. Adult life, work, bills, responsibilities, etc, are tougher and more stressful in comparison to looking back at college life. Just my opinion. College has its challenges, especially if you're also an athlete, but it's less challenging than adulthood. You always want what you don't have, really. When you're in college you just want to get done and get a job so you can make and have money. When you're an adult working and making said money you want to go back to college and have that life again sometimes. :laugh:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Yeah, as the saying goes, "School gets in the way of college". Wouldn't trade employment for class, but I'd sure go back to having all my friends in a 2 mile bubble :(

Nothingman*

Yeah, as the saying goes, "School gets in the way of college". Wouldn't trade employment for class, but I'd sure go back to having all my friends in a 2 mile bubble :(

For sure. My friends from school are all over the country now and I see them every couple years or so. I remember when I was young and I would hear adults say they were too busy for this and that. I thought it was BS but I am in that trap.

On a different note, I am thinking of hitting a Hawks game birthday weekend in Jan/Feb. Need to get away for a few days.....from the cold and snow.

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
Any of you guys smoke cigars?

narhRBx.jpg

Each of my pledge brothers was put in an enclosed space and given a cigar. We all got an insanely good buzz.

Also finished the semester with a 3.625 which I'm bummed about since I was going for a 3.8. You win some you lose some. Also got another flask today.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I have made some ridiculous connections down here, including with professional sports teams. I may flip to sports management. I'm pretty much on my way into working in the front office of a team if I keep up the hard work.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Seriously though...and you wanna work in advertising? Put your smarts to good use, we don't make ****!

The 2 girls I'm closest with at work are both U of I grads and all the time I think, "Welp, I'm glad I didn't try harder in high school or college if it would've amounted to being in the same place I'm in today.

:laugh::handclap:

Nothingman*

Seriously though...and you wanna work in advertising? Put your smarts to good use, we don't make ****!

The 2 girls I'm closest with at work are both U of I grads and all the time I think, "Welp, I'm glad I didn't try harder in high school or college if it would've amounted to being in the same place I'm in today.

I will say that after your first job, for the most part, your GPA and school (except Harvard, Stanford, etc.) mean very little when I interview. And have meant very little for every job I have had after my first one out of college. Take it for what you will. The networking at school is good to do for sure. And everywhere outside of school. I once got a job from a girlfriends father. The girlfriend didn't work out but he was always cool with me and told me he was surprised I stuck it out so long and hoped It wasn't because of him. Kinda funny now.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I will say that after your first job, for the most part, your GPA and school (except Harvard, Stanford, etc.) mean very little when I interview. And have meant very little for every job I have had after my first one out of college. Take it for what you will. The networking at school is good to do for sure. And everywhere outside of school. I once got a job from a girlfriends father. The girlfriend didn't work out but he was always cool with me and told me he was surprised I stuck it out so long and hoped It wasn't because of him. Kinda funny now.

so is this chick single? I could use a new job....

Nothingman*

so is this chick single? I could use a new job....

LOL! I bet she is. She was ****ing nuts but ...fun if you get my drift. That was many years ago. She was an actuary which in itself probably made her nuts. She was on the clock to get married but what guy wouldn't sniff that out. I was not the faithful type in my 20s.

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
For my major GPA really doesn't matter (photography) but hey doesn't hurt when it comes to scholarships and beating the hell out of the honors college kids. Really all that counts is your major (from what the upperclassmen told me, idk firsthand)

If yall want I can post a link to my site?

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So starting last week spotify started streaming all of Zepplin's stuff. I submit no band has ever had as good of run as they did from 69-73. In those 5 years they put out Led Zepplin 1-4 and houses of the holy. There are no fewer than 18 classic, iconic songs on those albums. Just incredible.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Stones 68-72? Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street.

Sympathy for the Devil
Street Fightin Man
Gimme Shelter
Love in Vain
Let it Bleed
Midnight Rambler
Live with me
Happy
The Last Time
Can't you hear me knocking
You can't alway get what you want
Jumpin Jack Flash
Rocks off
Honky Tonk Woman
Brown Sugar
Wild Horses

Pretty solid. Not to mention about another 100 songs that made the the top-100

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The Stones and Metallica both came to mind immediately. The Stones were already covered in a couple of posts.

Metallica from '86-'91 provided "Master of Puppets", "And Justice for All", and "Metallica" (the Black Album). Large majority of their biggest and most popular songs came off those, Puppets is regarded as one of the best rock/metal albums of all time and the Black Album is as well, as well as being revolutionary in opening the doors to hard rock/metal becoming mainstream, getting radio play, etc.

Not saying it was a better run than the aforementioned, but it's up there in the team picture.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
REM also had a crazy run 1983-87 with Murmur, Reckoning, Fables of the Reconstruction, Lifes Rich Pageant, and Document

Nothingman*

Sympathy for the Devil
Street Fightin Man
Gimme Shelter
Love in Vain
Let it Bleed
Midnight Rambler
Live with me
Happy
The Last Time
Can't you hear me knocking
You can't alway get what you want
Jumpin Jack Flash
Rocks off
Honky Tonk Woman
Brown Sugar
Wild Horses

Pretty solid. Not to mention about another 100 songs that made the the top-100

Exile is so ****ing good. Include sweet Virginia, tumbling Dice, Soul Survivor, Loving Cup, Turd on the Run...... Just a fantastic double album.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Exile is so ****ing good. Include sweet Virginia, tumbling Dice, Soul Survivor, Loving Cup, Turd on the Run...... Just a fantastic double album.

Wow - can't believe I forgot Tumbling Dice - one of the best off that album.

The Stones have been rockin it for 50 years! Although the 68-72 period is probably their best 5 year period, they had a lot of good songs in the 64-67 period too:

Satisfaction
Paint it black
Get off my Cloud
Time in on my side
Play with fire
It's all over
Ruby Tuesday
Let's spend the night together
Mother's little helper
As tears go by
Talkin about you
Heart of stone
19th nervous breakdown
Under my thumb
Pain in my heart

And then there are a couple dozen more albums since 1972 that have a whole lot of very good songs.

Best rockin roll band ever - AINEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad