OT: Anything Goes 10: Very Very Very Important not useless thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
My Dad has never played Madden, not really a video game guy at all. Although, when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, he broke his arm and was out of work for a month or two and during that time period, he was playing a lot of nintendo while he was home alone and he was beating games, kicking my ass at them too. So he definitely can be really good at them but just doesn't play them.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Aside from computer solitaire games, my dad hasn't played a videogame since Dr. Mario. I think I could take him quite easily, even though I haven't played a football game in a good five or so years now.

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
college so far is good. so far everyone just wants to hang in my dorm. My roommate will come back after band and there will be 5 other people in the room.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Was at the DMV the other day getting my horizontal ID

mHRkFZ_SGPK_7TheAlolO9Q.jpg

In Indiana, you don't have to go to the BMV. Just download the app.

Suck it.

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
nah. plus i hear campus pd is super strict about under age drinking.
Wonder what will happen when classes start

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
me and my roommate have been giving our ra hell about us having liquor in our dorm (we dont) XD
But ya our RA is awesome. we are only supposed to have 4 guests in our room but last night we had 8 plus me and my roommate and she was cool with it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ah yeah, I remember RAs. First day on campus, she almost wrote me up for having booze because she confused my bottle of cream soda for a beer bottle. Within two months, we were getting drunk in the dorm's stairway together. :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Claiming he had a case of beer to himself along with 25 cheeseburgers.

Or finishing off a 72 page paper, lol.

Speaking of which, Culk and Hawkey, I believe you both said you were going to study journalism. I just noticed HF is looking for writers:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/writersneeded/

They're not paying though (as far as I can see), so I wouldn't go out of my way, but it might be a good opportunity to write a few articles to add to your portfolio.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ild-joshua-summeries-20130824,0,2431258.story

He was picked up by police about 6 p.m. Wednesday night. At that time, he gave a statement to police indicating that he had put his hand over the baby's mouth while the child was crying and the child stopped breathing, according to statements in bond court.

Lake County State's Attorney Michael Nerheim later said that Thorpe had placed his hand over the child's mouth for 10-15 seconds.

Thorpe told police that he had then placed the child's body in a backpack that he put in a garbage can in an alley behind the building in the 2300 block of Galilee, an act that was seen on video surveillance footage, according to statements in bond court.

Thorpe then retrieved the backpack from the garbage can and took it to a large metal trash bin, an act that was also caught on video surveillance, according to statements in bond court. Thorpe then watched a garbage truck empty the bin before checking the bin again.

This really makes me sad and angry

I hope that the body is recovered so the family can lay him to rest. When the story broke the boyfriend being suspect was not surprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad