OT: Anything Goes 10: Very Very Very Important not useless thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
u of i was waaaay too big for me.

Feel the same way and I'm looking forward to graduating and never having to come back. I've never been particularly happy at UIUC.

Wait, do you go to Illinois now? If so, awesome, enjoy my hometown! Definitely grab some Papa Del's. Don't want to raise your expectations, but I'd honestly rank their thin pizza as one of the best out there and I have yet to find a deep dish pizza better than their's.

Papa Del's is good, but I still have Giordano's just ahead of it - at least for deep dish. Haven't tried thin at either place. Definitely the best pizza in the area, though.

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
Spent the entire day moving stuff into the delt house today. I have saw dust in my hair. Also had to turn down a 40 cause I had to drive home and I have hw in the morning ( have to take a photo every 5 minutes)

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I have had tequila, vodka, and malt liquor. All sororities are rushing. No additional girls to meet. Back at the dorm and watching ESPN. Clemson won. Watkins is fun to watch!

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
bro, you're still typing with proper grammar. Clearly, you didn't drink enough.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well, got the ok from the woman for us to go to Montreal for the Habs/Hawks game in January, and maybe spend 5-6 nights in Montreal. :yo:

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
bro, you're still typing with proper grammar. Clearly, you didn't drink enough.

Being drunk makes me focus in the little things. I was "drunk enough" for awhile and posted as I was fading/sobering up. You're right that I wasn't completely drunk by then!

The problem is at the peak of a night's drinking, there's about a 0.1% chance of remembering or wanting to give you guys smashed/hammered/dRunkz post when I'm at a party socializing.

I have had a lot of fun down here and am still focused on continued academic prosperity. Love it, love it, love it.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Well, got the ok from the woman for us to go to Montreal for the Habs/Hawks game in January, and maybe spend 5-6 nights in Montreal. :yo:

Have fun, get your tickets now, and bring back a W.

Seeing sports on the road is a passion of mine. I would like to hit all the O6 stadiums in the near future.

Last edited:

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Sorority rush weekends are ****ing terrible. Luckily I turn 21 next weekend.

This guy knows what he's talking about. It's sad that the pre-gaming was more enjoyable than going out. I did have fun last week, though.

I can't get into bars until mid-December right now. If senior houses and frats suck, you have to find fun in other areas.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
This guy knows what he's talking about. It's sad that the pre-gaming was more enjoyable than going out. I did have fun last week, though.

I can't get into bars until mid-December right now. If senior houses and frats suck, you have to find fun in other areas.

It's simple logic. Girls = Fun.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Saw The World's End today. No Shaun of the Dead, but reasonably funny throughout and definitely worth catching, especially if you're a fan of Pegg and Frost's work.

Solid B/B+.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I have a draft coming up in an 18 team league. The positions are listed above. What order do you think I should draft my positions in, especially backup QB since 4 teams will have a 2nd string backup QB?

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I have a draft coming up in an 18 team league. The positions are listed above. What order do you think I should draft my positions in, especially backup QB since 4 teams will have a 2nd string backup QB?

Depends on the scoring

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Depends on the scoring

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Completions 1 0
Passing Yards 15 yards per point 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 10 yards per point 0
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles -1 0
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Scoring

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I just did my first defensive player draft and got all of them in the last few rounds. With a ton of teams, get two runningbacks quick and some WRs. I'd say to try to get someone like Russell Wilson as your QB as well. But, he's my guy this year so that's just me.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Saw The World's End today. No Shaun of the Dead, but reasonably funny throughout and definitely worth catching, especially if you're a fan of Pegg and Frost's work.

Solid B/B+.

I loved it. Probably the least great of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Worlds End, but still really great. Loved seeing Pegg and Frost play different characters.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I just did my first defensive player draft and got all of them in the last few rounds. With a ton of teams, get two runningbacks quick and some WRs. I'd say to try to get someone like Russell Wilson as your QB as well. But, he's my guy this year so that's just me.
Thanks. I took your advice on Russell Wilson. It was an 18 team draft with many teams on autopick so I decided to force at least one of the autopick teams to start a non top 18 QB and a non top 36 RB. I think my strategy worked well. I have faith in the Bears new passing offense. Here's some of my players:

1. (8) LeSean McCoy RB
2. (29) Steven Jackson RB
3. (44) Colin Kaepernick QB
4. (65) Russell Wilson QB
5. (80) Giovani Bernard RB
6. (101) Josh Gordon WR
7. (116) Vincent Brown WR
8. (137) Alshon Jeffery WR
9. (152) Martellus Bennett TE

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Great value on Wilson in an 18 team draft. I'm not a fan of Jackson. You could also probably trade Kap for a good WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad