Anyone have 18M lying around? You can buy Kovalchuk's House!

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Who are you calling lil homie? You’ve never seen anyone so hurt after having their home dumped on? Let’s clarify: I’m not hurt, im annoyed. You probably would be too if you dealt with such nonsense ever since...ever.

So really, playing the “oh settle down boi, I’m just joshin” card doesn’t fly. Especially when the odds are better that any experience you’ve had in New Jersey would involve flying in or out of an airport located in the worst city in the country and traveling on the northern portion of the turnpike.

So frankly you can take your joke and shove it where the sun don’t shine.
:loony: calm down old man:wally:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not a millennial but I've made decent living and lived in a big house for a long time. One day I realized that this was beyond silly and I moved to basically a slightly bigger tiny house. Can't believe how much better it makes me feel to not live in my former ostentatious, and basically empty, house.

I know this sounds stupid but I feel like a better human being for not being so "wasteful" anymore.

In our area, not surprising and we’re likely in a very similar boat. I’ve had a house that’s too big for the last 20 years. As I get older the excess and waste is easier seen as you reflect back.

I’d love to downsize but it’s also one of my biggest investments and where I live, will be a windfall for me in 5-10 years. I can’t tap out like you did, but I dream about Florida and downsizing someday! :)

Glad you feel better though. Must have been agonizing to have your family live in a great house and probably great neighborhood. ;). I kid, but as we get older “things” mean less. I used to be an expensive car guy because I love driving performance cars, but no more....

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
In our area, not surprising and we’re likely in a very similar boat. I’ve had a house that’s too big for the last 20 years. As I get older the excess and waste is easier seen as you reflect back.

I’d love to downsize but it’s also one of my biggest investments and where I live, will be a windfall for me in 5-10 years. I can’t tap out like you did, but I dream about Florida and downsizing someday! :)

Glad you feel better though. Must have been agonizing to have your family live in a great house and probably great neighborhood. ;). I kid, but as we get older “things” mean less. I used to be an expensive car guy because I love driving performance cars, but no more....

Ironically I went from small Honda's to a used Acura so I did "upgrade" my car a bit. ;)

I read this book titled The Minimalists and it sort of changed my perspective on "stuff" and how much stuff we/I really need.

I sold my house and moved about 4 miles away, couldn't go too far with all my sons friends and school and such. Paid cash for my little house on the water with the sold house profits and will happily die here in Baltimore. :laugh:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ironically I went from small Honda's to a used Acura so I did "upgrade" my car a bit. ;)

I read this book titled The Minimalists and it sort of changed my perspective on "stuff" and how much stuff we/I really need.

I sold my house and moved about 4 miles away, couldn't go too far with all my sons friends and school and such. Paid cash for my little house on the water with the sold house profits and will happily die here in Baltimore. :laugh:

Yeah my best friend is that way. I see it a little as depriving his family of the best life he could provide them. Different strokes.

I just think there’s a better life balance point than being a minimalist and depriving yourself and yours. Again, I think as we approach the end of our careers, wanting to hoard your money becomes a thing for us all.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yeah my best friend is that way. I see it a little as depriving his family of the best life he could provide them. Different strokes.

I just think there’s a better life balance point than being a minimalist and depriving yourself and yours.

Probably, but it comes down to "how many t.v.'s do you really need"? I still have an Xbox and a big screen, etc., but I only have one instead of three. I try to have what I need to live and nothing more, so like two pairs of shoes for my son instead of eight, type of thing. I probably go overboard for sure but hopefully the kid gets the point that life is about more than accumulating "things".

Not gonna lie though I did go nuts buying Capitals Stanley Cup merch. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I used to say I would never want to live in something so big or expensive, even if I had the money. Then one day my family was chatting when money came up, and my cousin said, "If I had all that money, I would spend it -- multiple mansions, luxury cars, expensive clothing and purses, etc. What else am I going to do with it?"

Since then, it's kind of changed my mind about the topic. LOL. I'm plain jane and simple, but if I somehow because a multi-millionaire, yeah, I have big dreams too. I can't relate to these athletes and other multi-millionaires to know what it's like. I actually wouldn't except them to live anything but lavishly.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Buddy you can dump all over Newark all you want. I don’t really care, it’s Newark. But you wanna judge where I live when you’re from Charlestown or some other little trash town outside Boston? Damn bruh, did you even wipe the **** off your face before strolling in here on that high horse of yours?
Hmm
Sorry, I forgot I don’t give a damn? I thought we were makin comments based on a places reputation or stereotype.
Hmmm
Who are you calling lil homie? You’ve never seen anyone so hurt after having their home dumped on? Let’s clarify: I’m not hurt, im annoyed. You probably would be too if you dealt with such nonsense ever since...ever.

So really, playing the “oh settle down boi, I’m just joshin” card doesn’t fly. Especially when the odds are better that any experience you’ve had in New Jersey would involve flying in or out of an airport located in the worst city in the country and traveling on the northern portion of the turnpike.

So frankly you can take your joke and shove it where the sun don’t shine.
Take a hike mike. I’m 26.
Plot twist, how puerile.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Hey, you know how you saw this going on in your head? Yea. It didn’t come out that way. Just letting you know.

I've never been to New Jersey. All i really know is that it always gets ripped on on tv, but your posts in this thread are so cringy that it kind of makes me think maybe there is a reason for that.

Anyways, that house is massive. What do you even do with all of that space?

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I've never been to New Jersey. All i really know is that it always gets ripped on on tv, but your posts in this thread are so cringy that it kind of makes me think maybe there is a reason for that.

Anyways, that house is massive. What do you even do with all of that space?
“I’ve never been to the place we’re talking about but since you seem so passionate about it clearly everyone else is right.”

Stick to talking about things you’re knowledgeable about then? Christ this isn’t that hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad