Anyone have 18M lying around? You can buy Kovalchuk's House!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
People who have mansions like this have cleaning services come in to clean every week or so, and of course hockey money is enough for a lifestyle like that, hockey players make more than surgeons.

Nobody's managing a property like that with a cleaning service.

Reactions: MD93

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Imagine having so much money you can just own a 18 million dollar home (castle) and have it sit empty as you live on the other side of the world for 6 of the past 7 years.

Must.
Be.
Nice.

The thing is Kovalchuk doesn't have all that much money. Estimates have him at about $30 million:

Ilya Kovalchuk Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

The only way it would make sense to own that house would be if he bought it for considerably less than its current sale price.

$30 million is a lot, but it's not I have an $18 million dollar house that I barely use money.

Edit: Reread the bit about buying the property for 4.5 million and building the home. Wonder if whoever came up with that 30 mil networth estimate includes the value of the home.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
The thing is Kovalchuk doesn't have all that much money. Estimates have him at about $30 million:

Ilya Kovalchuk Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

The only way it would make sense to own that house would be if he bought it for considerably less than its current sale price.

$30 million is a lot, but it's not I have an $18 million dollar house that I barely use money.

Edit: Reread the bit about buying the property for 4.5 million and building the home. Wonder if whoever came up with that 30 mil networth estimate includes the value of the home.

You realise these estimates are based on very little evidence, and are largely just guesses.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Does that home feel way to big for anyone else? I mean even if i was that rich i wouldnt want a house that big. It has no homey feel.

Definitely. I love houses in my area that are new but they are all so huge! But Going smaller usually means older and more run down. New builds are getting bigger and nothing under 2k sq feet and one stories are hard to come by.

Reactions: flamesforcup

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
you could hide a body in that house and you wouldn't know it was there until the horrible stench of decomposing

i got it figured out... colonel mustard in the home theater with the hockey stick

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
my black and decker Vacuum cleaner would prob seize up cleaning that shack.... he must have a Dyson.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
18M to live in New Jersey? hm hard pass
Oh no, whatever shall we do?

You couldn't pay me $18 million to live in New Jersey.
Yea, I know. Not enough Pepperidge Faaaahms for you right Charlestown?

Lol you must live in New Jersey
Wow, they make em extra bright on the other side of Appalachia don’t they?

I mean there not really stereotypes when they are true though man
First of all: it’s ‘they are’ or ‘they’re’. ‘There’ is a place. If you’re going to insult people, try not to make yourself look like a donkey in the process.

Second of all: where is it that you live so I can pass judgement on you based on what I read about it on the internet or from grandpa’s chain email?

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Oh no, whatever shall we do?

Yea, I know. Not enough Pepperidge Faaaahms for you right Charlestown?

Wow, they make em extra bright on the other side of Appalachia don’t they?

First of all: it’s ‘they are’ or ‘they’re’. ‘There’ is a place. If you’re going to insult people, try not to make yourself look like a donkey in the process.

Second of all: where is it that you live so I can pass judgement on you based on what I read about it on the internet or from grandpa’s chain email?
I spent a number of years in Newark, it is the true definition of a ****hole. Defend your native garbage dump though, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad