Anyone have 18M lying around? You can buy Kovalchuk's House!

Sorry

May 18, 2005
That’s a pretty nice stateside landing pad for the wife and kids.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Does that home feel way to big for anyone else? I mean even if i was that rich i wouldnt want a house that big. It has no homey feel.
Amen brother. My missus wants to buy a house and I dread the thought of anything bigger than a 3 bedroom. Of course, we also don't want children. But big houses just feel lonely to me.

Reactions: flamesforcup

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Does that home feel way to big for anyone else? I mean even if i was that rich i wouldnt want a house that big. It has no homey feel.

i feel the same way, anything that looks like it could be the Resident Evil mansion is too much for me

always seems like they eventually move out and downsize anyways, it's just too much home for anybody and i'm surprised it's only worth 18 million

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Unless he planned to stay and have lots of kids, or build and flip it, I have no idea why you would blow that much on a house (Even if it was just a flip). Lotta money to tie up in real estate. Unless you have at least 100 million

Reactions: flamesforcup

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Unless he planned to stay and have lots of kids, or build and flip it, I have no idea why you would blow that much on a house (Even if it was just a flip). Lotta money to tie up in real estate. Unless you have at least 100 million

Yeah, was he really that rich by when he was traded to NJ? Weird. I mean, of course he had a lot of money but I didn't imagine being that much. House looks expensive AF.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

I've been in a couple houses this size and one much, much larger. You're right, they don't feel homey at all. They are cold, ridged show homes.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ

I may be in the minority here but I feel it depends on how you setup the home. If it's just different rooms with places to sit, then that is just meaningful for parties and nothing else.

However, if done right, you get a different experience in different rooms.

Home theater room, arcade room, pool table room, indoor swimming pool, sports room (aka team focused), exercise room, indoor gym, library, office, kids play room (for all their stuff), etc. Not to mention multiple garages for fancy cars. They all go towards sq/ft.

Also depends on how many kids you have. Kovy has 4 kids, so a 6-7 bedroom isn't really that off (aka 5 for the family, and 1-2 for guests).

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, was he really that rich by when he was traded to NJ? Weird. I mean, of course he had a lot of money but I didn't imagine being that much. House looks expensive AF.

His wife has a lot of money too, she’s a singer

Edit: I don’t know if she’s any good, that’s just what the article says. She looks more like an Instagram model based on my...research

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad