Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
That 20 point lead is down to 14 after the Panther’s point tonight against the Lightening.

Hmmm-4 games in hand; have you looked closer? 3 home games against Montreal, Ottawa and Rangers coming up this week.

Luongo back and playing out of this world........ Anderson not holding us together like he has all season?

And our Leafs! Did you see how tightly they were holding their sticks against Buffalo as the game progressed, self-fulfilling choke to come? Did you see the prolonged ineptitude in our own zone at times; the “deer in the headlights” frozen reactions?

Sorry, it’s hard to kick a 50 year habit of failure. Remember that incredible choke a few years back in the playoffs with Boston, that third period?

What do you think?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That's why I dislike when fans talk like the rest of our games are just practice games. This is the NHL, if you let off the gas somebody might just catch you. Starting Saturday, the Leafs have to regain their momentum and start winning. Can not take these last 14 games easy. Other teams don't let up. Boston keeps on winning, TB keeps on winning, what is so special about our team that they should take it easy? What makes anyone think that taking it easy is the right approach?

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
We've seen this team come alive and what they can do when they are ON.

Right now, its obviously a slump. A timely one caused by the virtual 100% playoff entry, and the Mini-Vaycay in Florida.

This teams bi-polar swings is no stranger to anyone who has been following them this season, even babs addressed this.
We're missing Matthews, so some adjustment is to be made by everyone including Pleks.

I'm not worried right now.
We lose the next 3 in a row, I'll start to get worried until then...

GO LEAFS!

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
im a little bit worried. But at the same time this is a babcock coached team. He wont let that happen.

member 262271

If it happens, it happens. Odds are stacked against the Flapants to say the least though.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
They're what? 15 points back after winning 12 or 13 or their past 15 games? Not really thinking about them at all.
They also have 5 games in hand. They win those with their easy schedule coming up and instead of 15 points up, they are 5 points back, just based on games in hand.

member 262271

They also have 5 games in hand. They win those with their easy schedule coming up and they are 5 points back, just based on games in hand.
There's no such thing as an easy schedule, I'm 100% convinced of this.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Meh, if they catch us, they catch us. Obviously you want to go into the playoffs playing well, but missing Boston and Tampa in the first round might not be the worst thing ever.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
My lord what an apocalyptic post. Relax, this is a team working through some doldrums. Matthews will be back soon and the dynamic duo of he and Nylander will be terrorizing defences again. Besides, no way Florida continues this pace. They’ll be playing a lot of games from now to the end of the season. Luongo will fall apart from fatigue soon.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not remotely. The only thing to focus on is the Leafs getting their game going. Florida has a lot of games left true. But they aren’t adding 2 or 3 weeks onto the schedule to make that easy on them. It’s going to be a brutal grind for them. The Leafs get themselves back on track and the only question becomes if they can grab home ice.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I don't think they will catch us, but there is the possibility given the way they are playing, and the games in hand. I just think it is silly to act like there is no chance they catch us. They have gained 6 points on us in the last week and haven't even used any of their games in hand.

Reactions: PuckMagi

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tampa should be worried about facing them 1st round.

Reactions: bax

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
They'd probably have to win out just for a chance. Not happening. Good thing we had our amazing stretch of like 12-3-2 or whatever it was because with Matthews out, Nylander glued to plugs, Giveaway Jake making an appearance, a terrible terrible PP, Good Freddy and not outstanding Freddy, and Babcock's questionable decisions I'd be a bit more worried.

Not remotely. The only thing to focus on is the Leafs getting their game going. Florida has a lot of games left true. But they aren’t adding 2 or 3 weeks onto the schedule to make that easy on them. It’s going to be a brutal grind for them. The Leafs get themselves back on track and the only question becomes if they can grab home ice.
That question has been answered. Us getting home ice is like Florida over taking us. Not happening

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This would be a bigger letdown compared to that Game 7 vs Boston, in terms of the number of games we'd have to lose and games Florida would have to win to surpass us. Not worried, but not totally satisfied until we get that x (clinched playoff berth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad