Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
No, the Leafs would have to have one of their worst closes of all-time (after having one of their better records of all-time) even if Florida wins 80+% of their games. If Florida passes them, their problem are more deep-seated than the playoffs this year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
not in the absolute least
if the leafs go 7-7, cats would have to go 14-4 just to tie

lets keep in mind the current #2 wildcard team is on pace for 89 pts...the leafs have 85 with 14 games left.

/thread

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not worried about the Panthers. I just wish they would stop winning games like the Canadiens, Red Wings, Senators and Sabres who we know are no threat in the Atlantic.

Is it a lot to ask that the Leafs clinch their playoff spot much easier compared to last season?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Based on the way our boys have been playing recently and how well it seems all the other teams in the Eastern playoff race are, yes I am a little worried. It's probably silly but I have had flashes of the odd 18-wheeler wrestling with a cliff now and again.

Its pretty conceivable we lose Saturday vs the Pens... that is 5 in a row and that shit gets in your head (as a player).

I'll just take a deep breath and stock up on more beer... feels like I might need it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Part of me wouldn't be surprised that a Leafs team went on a 15 game losing streak.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Worried, no? But I'm certainly keeping my eye on them. It's a long shot for them to pass the Leafs, but it's still a shot. And this time of year teams can go on wonky streaks.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
No.

dis3.gif

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not really. They're still very far from us and they can go on a cold streak as easy as they've been on a hot streak.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Worried, no? But I'm certainly keeping my eye on them. It's a long shot for them to pass the Leafs, but it's still a shot. And this time of year teams can go on wonky streaks.

a florida state playoff series would be interesting, and they could knock off tampa in current form.

We would be first in the metro division right now. we would almost be better off in the 1st wildcard spot anyway

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm not worried about Florida.

I'm worried about Columbus.

If Florida passes us, we're still in the playoffs... If Columbus passes us, then we miss the big show.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also if you look at the schedule, Boston and Florida have not played each other yet this year and they have 4 games to go. Florida winning means Boston can be caught, Boston winning cements the Leafs position in the division. A split in the games, which is more likely, also helps the Leafs cement their spot.

The Leafs just have to take care of their own business and they'll be fine.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'm not worried about Florida.

I'm worried about Columbus.

If Florida passes us, we're still in the playoffs... If Columbus passes us, then we miss the big show.
It's extremely hard for Florida to catch us and Columbus is further away... There's no chance they surpass us.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Anyone else worried about Florida?

Well, if global warming continues unabated sea level will continue to rise and they might be underwater in 200 years.

Huh? What? Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood the question! The Panthers, no.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is the Leafs franchise, so yes.

Let go of the past IMO. This is a new era, a winning era and there is no reason to even think about a 15 game losing streak.

Just for fun, assuming a 50% chance of losing for each game the odds of a 15 game losing streak happening starting at any given point are less than one in 32 000.

I would be very surprised if this happened, not just to the Leafs but to any team, even the Oilers. ;)

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So Florida passes them, the Leafs get the 1st WC spot and play Washington.......is that so bad? :sarcasm:

Or do you doom and gloomers have us missing the playoffs completely? :help:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Let go of the past IMO. This is a new era, a winning era and there is no reason to even think about a 15 game losing streak.

Just for fun, assuming a 50% chance of losing for each game the odds of a 15 game losing streak happening starting at any given point are less than one in 32 000.

I would be very surprised if this happened, not just to the Leafs but to any team, even the Oilers. ;)

Hey, I can feel and do what I want. My gut feelings are just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad