3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Brind'Amour had Tony replace Burns last night. Tony is off both PP units.

I still don’t understand why they don’t put their best zone entry/puck transporting player (Necas) on PP1. Their second best at that is probably Kuzy and he’s on PP2 as well.

The Rangers are elite and denying zone entry while short handed and the Canes don’t seem to be adjusting to that at all.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Some of y'all dumb ass mfers doing victory laps in the main board thread making me post at 3 in the morning to walk back all your evil
giphy.gif

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
If the Bruins end up beating the Panthers, then it'd be hard to say they're a weaker team.
I think sometimes its a matter of matchups. Florida honestly looked like they were skating rings around us this year... The only time we beat them was in OT and I think they were missing their top two D men. Now regular season=/=postseason (two years ago against the Canes proved that), but I do feel like they would present the tougher challenge for us.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Igor like Hank is at his best against volume shooting, and I don’t just mean in terms of (obvious) save percentage.

He is the kind of goalie that does better when he’s busier.

He and Trocheck are neck and neck for our team MVP through the first 7 games

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
During the game Boucher (who low key stinks) was gushing about Svechnikov and saying the Rangers don't have a player with that kind of strength and skill combination. I'm sorry, is Chris Kreider not on the Rangers? He's the prototypical power forward in today's league, even at his age he's among the very best. Not to mention Zibanejad who is a big man himself and an elite player, playing his very best right now. I just found it weird with him proposing it like this was some mismatch where we're the deficient team - it just really feels like there's a real disconnect with the larger hockey media and what the Rangers actually are and how good they actually are. They won the President's Trophy for a reason and yet everyone still seems to think they're the same team from 2022.
He also said that Gus was afraid of going into the corners now because the candycanes were trying to out hit the Rangers. What a f***ing ignorant tool - Gus has been taking hits to make plays all season. I don't think one mad svechnikov running around is going to get him off his game, he's no f***ing Rempe.

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And we know why MH is defending his buddy now - he’s been guilty of the same inane takes… but “based on models”…
First of all, I was an ardent Panarin defender the summer after the Devils series.

Second of all, check the models before you wisecrack about the models.

download - 2024-05-10T135908.430.png

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Something that is telling in this series is how slow Brent Bruns is now. He was an elite end skater for a player his size, but that ability is gone now. Kind of similar to how we saw Ovechkin last series. Kreider went from 2 step behind to 2 steps in front of him on that SHG.

Their right side is him, Jalen Chatfield, and Tony No D Angelo. It's a glaring weakness for the roster. We might bitch about Trouba and Lindgren, but the stuff in front of our own net isn't where they struggle. They really miss Pesce.

I'm also sorry, I don't care how well he has played, his point total, but Brady Skjei is not striking any fear in me. Neither is Orlov. Slavin is the one guy on their backend that possesses above average abilities across the board and high end level defense.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Something that is telling in this series is how slow Brent Bruns is now. He was an elite end skater for a player his size, but that ability is gone now. Kind of similar to how we saw Ovechkin last series. Kreider went from 2 step behind to 2 steps in front of him on that SHG.

Their right side is him, Jalen Chatfield, and Tony No D Angelo. It's a glaring weakness for the roster. We might bitch about Trouba and Lindgren, but the stuff in front of our own net isn't where they struggle. They really miss Pesce.

I'm also sorry, I don't care how well he has played, his point total, but Brady Skjei is not striking any fear in me. Neither is Orlov. Slavin is the one guy on their backend that possesses above average abilities across the board and high end level defense.
Not having a true high-end defenseman is the biggest problem with them on paper.

Burns is cooked. Skjei, Chatfield, and Orlov are all fine. DeAngelo is a loser. Pesce is fine. Slavin is as good as it gets defensively but their problems are scoring big goals and the powerplay.

Reactions: JimmyG89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not having a true high-end defenseman is the biggest problem with them on paper.

Burns is cooked. Skjei, Chatfield, and Orlov are all fine. DeAngelo is a loser. Pesce is fine. Slavin is as good as it gets defensively but their problems are scoring big goals and the powerplay.
They could use an Adam Fox or Doug Hamilton

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I'd argue the lack of center depth is the real problem. They have d-men who can move the puck but beyond Aho, their centers aren't good at distributing. Their kind of in a similar spot to what the Rangers were in with Strome and a younger Chytil (Staal and Drury) where they can get stymied and it effects how their more skilled wingers are able to play.

Reactions: Machinehead

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
What is wrong with this statement:

Carolina is 0-for-15 on the power play in this series after scoring five power-play goals in five games against the New York Islanders in the first round and being second in the NHL during the regular season (90.7 percent). They are gutted by their failure with the man-advantage, gutted by the losses.

Answer: they're not 0 for 15, theyre -1 for 15 because we scored a short handed goal.

It is true that theyre gutted by their failure though. Lets finish them saturday night.

Glory to the Rangers!

Reactions: Kovalev27

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
How do you do this to a kid? Ruthless lol

This is up there with the Bluejackets fan dad that screams "LET'S GO!!!!" into his uninterested emo daughter's face.

Attachments

• 639081-86f73b8645ad79da57ef0b78c0d802fb_1.gif
    639081-86f73b8645ad79da57ef0b78c0d802fb_1.gif
    2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nonsense.

When you take that name, you're not rooting for a player. You're trying to stake out a claim as a contrarian who dearly wants to show he's smarter than everyone else.
I put the guy on ignore a long time ago. Rooting against Zooks (who gave as much as anyone) was rooting against the Rangers. I have more respect for Flyers fans. At least they do not claim to be Rangers fans while rooting against our players.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Igor like Hank is at his best against volume shooting, and I don’t just mean in terms of (obvious) save percentage.

He is the kind of goalie that does better when he’s busier.

He and Trocheck are neck and neck for our team MVP through the first 7 games

I would put Mika in there too even though Trocheck's been getting a lot of extra time and is probably a little ahead right now. Mika's been fantastic too though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If the Bruins end up beating the Panthers, then it'd be hard to say they're a weaker team.

Nah I’m with zubs I’ll take Boston all day with their shit centers.

Friedman on 32 thoughts also contended that Kochetkov should’ve left the net to try stopping it. I’m not buying it - it looked like a pretty hard and fast send-in around the rim.
Zero chance he could get to that. Idiotic comment from him

I'd argue the lack of center depth is the real problem. They have d-men who can move the puck but beyond Aho, their centers aren't good at distributing. Their kind of in a similar spot to what the Rangers were in with Strome and a younger Chytil (Staal and Drury) where they can get stymied and it effects how their more skilled wingers are able to play.
I’ve been saying this forever. They have no centers. I don’t know how this was overlooked by the media but you don’t win shit without centers.

Reactions: NYR Viper

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
First of all, I was an ardent Panarin defender the summer after the Devils series.

Second of all, check the models before you wisecrack about the models.

View attachment 868386
Wasn’t in reference to your position on Panarin. You’ve been down on the team almost the whole year. You were on the verge of breaking down just a short few months ago with a bunch of emotional rants and takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad