HF Habs: Anyone else completely losing interest in the Team?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
bah, to me it's clear as day, the ones who keep bringing up language in these forums do it cause they hate the french in some way... they'll always start with a... "I don't care about language BUT" or something similar...

the ones who really don't care, they don't talk about it :nod:
are you SERIOUSLY thinking other owners, GM never let their "personal feelings" interfere with their decision making ?? SERIOUSLY ??

do you believe in unicorns and fearies too ??

Dude, you're the one who implied everyone hates francophones here. Then when someone called you out on it you said:

you say that cause you know these guys personally I guess...

C'mon...be real. You're the one who pretended you knew everyone and applied a negative characteristic to people, it's pathetic.

If you've read my posts I've defended MT for years. I've openly said CJ was an objectively good selection at the time, he's a Stanley cup winning coach with another final in recent memory. Sure, I don't think he's a fit but he's a good coach.

I also think MT isn't as bad as people say and that he was a realistic choice at the time, French speaking or not.

The issue however is these are times it works, what about when it doesn't?

The habs are very good are protecting themselves. There's a possibility MT wasn't fired sooner because there was no French speaking coach like CJ available. Babcock was available...no dice though. Why?

Again, it doesn't take rocket scientist to know it reduces options.

You're acting really naïve and insulting others because you refuse to grasp something simple. It doesn't matter if there was no better candidate last time or time before. It's like saying goes, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Expect better. I'm all for francophone coaches but man, it's a stupid policy. For coaches, GMs, etc...

Habs will never get a real president because the president needs to speak French. We'll see if I'm wrong.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I can't say there are not guys who hate the french I guess there are, but there are legit reasons to question the Habs' hiring policy -- one is in practice it's become a sort of old boy pure laine preference disguised as a language preference but that's another issue. Enough to say it reduces the pool of candidates for critical org positions by a huge amount.

Some say the New England Patriots love white receivers I don't know what to say about that but I wouldn't boast as a fan. In NHL hiring no other team has such a policy I'm aware of. Also under Bergy the preference has bred cronyism and I'm one of many who believes it's put the likes of Desharnais, Danault and Drouin ahead of Galchenyuk but that's also another issue.

Language is thorny but please let's try not to generalize people can be against the Habs policy but love the language.
So what you're saying is, it's ok for a pro team to have a smaller pool or athletes (receivers) but it's not for another pro team to have a smaller pool of coaches/GM ?

besides, I'd really like to know how much bigger you think the pool would be given that guys like Yeo, Hitchkock or Boudreau are being recycled all the time ??

I dunno about you, but if these guys always end up on top of other teams list, it means the pool is filled mostly with unqualified coaches or isnt that big anyway...

absolutely, and they're rarely the ones to re-start the language thing.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Dude, you're the one who implied everyone hates francophones here. Then when someone called you out on it you said:

Dude, the quote you provided was f***ing clear, if you cannot understand the very simple sentence you quoted, do not reply.

Seriously, do not waste my time by wrinting BS like this.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs have a far better team than it was five yrs. ago, they have much more talent & character now. Which can only bode well for the future, I have seen the Habs build many a SCC team over 6 decades. I'm impressed with the direction the team is taking, one season where they bring in many young prospects, giving them experience in the NHL is just part of the learning process. Centers & defencemen in abundance are already in the system, this yrs. draft will see many more coming. Love watching my Habs playing and getting stronger & deeper in talent at every position, that's the sign of great things to come, from what I have witnessed throughout my history as a hockey Fanatic!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The Habs have a far better team than it was five yrs. ago, they have much more talent & character now. Which can only bode well for the future, I have seen the Habs build many a SCC team over 6 decades. I'm impressed with the direction the team is taking, one season where they bring in many young prospects, giving them experience in the NHL is just part of the learning process. Centers & defencemen in abundance are already in the system, this yrs. draft will see many more coming. Love watching my Habs playing and getting stronger & deeper in talent at every position, that's the sign of great things to come, from what I have witnessed throughout my history as a hockey Fanatic!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:
how ?

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis

Ah so this is what it looks like when someone has drank too much koolaid

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Keep watching the team closely, it will become apparent to all our fans as our new prospects become experienced, along with having our core group playing healthy.
so huh, you don't know how ?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Ahh the faint of heart, enjoy living in the negative zone, I for one will always find the positive. The Habs are showing they have all the right stuff to become Champions, it's merely a matter of experience. They don't have to win this season or next, they just need to make positive steps toward becoming an elite team.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Dude, the quote you provided was ****ing clear, if you cannot understand the very simple sentence you quoted, do not reply.

Seriously, do not waste my time by wrinting BS like this.

Uh huh.

bah, to me it's clear as day, the ones who keep bringing up language in these forums do it cause they hate the french in some way... they'll always start with a... "I don't care about language BUT" or something similar...

the ones who really don't care, they don't talk about it :nod:

Yeah, it is clear. BS indeed.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Sarcasm? They have good pieces but time is running out. Glaring holes at C, at D. It can go away with a Tavares signing for example but that isn't likely...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Uh huh.

Yeah, it is clear. BS indeed.
Yup, total B.S.

it's clear as day : bah, to me it's clear as day, the ones who keep bringing up language in these forums do it cause they hate the french in some way... they'll always start with a... "I don't care about language BUT" or something similar...

-> there is people who do hate/dislike the french (yup, just like some people dislike/hate everything english) in these forums, (do you really want to debate it does not exist, among the thousands of people who connect to HF once in a while ?) / as pointed out in the bolded, the people who like to bring up (as in re-start, reset, re-open) the language thing are among this group (wether this group is tiny, just small, big, hure, gagantic, i dont give a f***, IT DOES exist), not ALL the posters, the posters who like to bring up language, not the vast majority who naver said a word about the issue, again the who who DO bring it up...

notice, the post you keep bringing as "evidence" for me saying ALL people here hate the french is NOT saying that, quite the opposite actually as it does say it clearly "among those who bring up language", it's a specific group, not ALL of HF talk about language here, actually, in fact, had you worked in your reading comprehension a bit, it's not only NOT every single poster that hates/dislike the french it is a minority, just like it's a f***ing minority who bring up language once in a while...

and here they are : he ones who really don't care, they don't talk about it :nod:

again it's clear as day, the ones who don't care, care about what ? since it's language posts I've been replying to, is there a chance I am referring to the people who do not care about (insert drumroll)... -> language dislike the french in particular or something ??

Last edited by a moderator:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yup, total B.S.

it's clear as day : bah, to me it's clear as day, the ones who keep bringing up language in these forums do it cause they hate the french in some way... they'll always start with a... "I don't care about language BUT" or something similar...

-> there is people who do hate/dislike the french (yup, just like some people dislike/hate everything english) in these forums, (do you really want to debate it does not exist, among the thousands of people who connect to HF once in a while ?) / as pointed out in the bolded, the people who like to bring up (as in re-start, reset, re-open) the language thing are among this group (wether this group is tiny, just small, big, hure, gagantic, i dont give a ****, IT DOES exist), not ALL the posters, the posters who like to bring up language, not the vast majority who naver said a word about the issue, again the who who DO bring it up...

notice, the post you keep bringing as "evidence" for me saying ALL people here hate the french is NOT saying that, quite the opposite actually as it does say it clearly "among those who bring up language", it's a specific group, not ALL of HF talk about language here, actually, in fact, had you worked in your reading comprehension a bit, it's not only NOT every single poster that hates/dislike the french it is a minority, just like it's a ****ing minority who bring up language once in a while...

and here they are : he ones who really don't care, they don't talk about it :nod:

again it's clear as day, the ones who don't care, care about what ? since it's language posts I've been replying to, is there a chance I am referring to the people who do not care about (insert drumroll)... -> language <- (neither french, english, arabic, persian, swahile, swedish, etc)... now that we've established that the people I am refering to in this very sinple to understand sentence is it possible that by not caring I happen to understand they probably don't have an opinion or a strong enough one to bother voicing it ? and that chances are if said people dont have a strong opinion on the matter it is very possible they dont like/dislike the french in particular or something ??

now that's been detailed, IF you happen not to understand a word I wrote and feel the need to keep lying, just dont...

your last two reply are the most stupid I've ever had the "chance" to receive
since I dont need that level of stupidity in my life, we'll simply never talk again.

Ya it’s what you said.

The ones who bring up the language issue must hate the French in some way.

I understood the first time. My mistake for saying “everyone”. I meant everyone talking about this issue.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Ahh the faint of heart, enjoy living in the negative zone, I for one will always find the positive. The Habs are showing they have all the right stuff to become Champions, it's merely a matter of experience. They don't have to win this season or next, they just need to make positive steps toward becoming an elite team.
they don't have a top 6 C, they don't have a decent LD...

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
they don't have a top 6 C, they don't have a decent LD...

I wouldn't be so disinterested in this team if they were properly seeing if Chucky can be groomed to be a top 6 C. For the last 25 games of the year he could have been focusing on learning the defensive aspect of the center position. I know he can do it.

Plus, I'd be real interested in seeing Chucky and Scherbak play together night in and night out. How am I supposed to be interested in Chucky playing with De la Rose as his center and Scherbak playing with Logan Shaw as his.

It's maddening. I will celebrate big time the day Claude Julien is kicked out the door. Hopefully it will happen around the 20 game mark next year when our record is horrendous.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I wouldn't be so disinterested in this team if they were properly seeing if Chucky can be groomed to be a top 6 C. For the last 25 games of the year he could have been focusing on learning the defensive aspect of the center position. I know he can do it.

Plus, I'd be real interested in seeing Chucky and Scherbak play together night in and night out. How am I supposed to be interested in Chucky playing with De la Rose as his center and Scherbak playing with Logan Shaw as his.

It's maddening. I will celebrate big time the day Claude Julien is kicked out the door. Hopefully it will happen around the 20 game mark next year when our record is horrendous.
worst part is, if there's one coach who could teach the defensive side of the game to Galchenyuk it's Julien.

Reactions: Pickles and Habs100

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
My first language is french and i have no problem with having guys in management speak french if they are also qualified for the job.

The problem is when our Gm does stupid stuff like trade Sergashev for Drouin . It's a total PR stunt and a slap in the face to fans that want to see the habs build an actual competant hockey team instead of focusing on acquiring Drouin to temporarily save face with a few fefans.

That trade makes no sense to me and would never have been made if he wasent from St Agathe I just don't get it i find it utterly ridiculous but maybe that's just me.

I know it's a business and winning is not on the top of the list but it would be nice to construct a hockey team based on logic and ongoing nhl trends instead of living in the past and appeasing to the RDS narrative that plagues the province.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Yup, total B.S.

-> there is people who do hate/dislike the french (yup, just like some people dislike/hate everything english) in these forums, (do you really want to debate it does not exist, among the thousands of people who connect to HF once in a while ?) / as pointed out in the bolded, the people who like to bring up (as in re-start, reset, re-open) the language thing are among this group (wether this group is tiny, just small, big, hure, gagantic, i dont give a ****, IT DOES exist), not ALL the posters, the posters who like to bring up language, not the vast majority who naver said a word about the issue, again the who who DO bring it up...

notice, the post you keep bringing as "evidence" for me saying ALL people here hate the french is NOT saying that, quite the opposite actually as it does say it clearly "among those who bring up language", it's a specific group, not ALL of HF talk about language here, actually, in fact, had you worked in your reading comprehension a bit, it's not only NOT every single poster that hates/dislike the french it is a minority, just like it's a ****ing minority who bring up language once in a while...

again it's clear as day, the ones who don't care, care about what ? since it's language posts I've been replying to, is there a chance I am referring to the people who do not care about (insert drumroll)... -> language <- (neither french, english, arabic, persian, swahile, swedish, etc)... now that we've established that the people I am refering to in this very sinple to understand sentence is it possible that by not caring I happen to understand they probably don't have an opinion or a strong enough one to bother voicing it ? and that chances are if said people dont have a strong opinion on the matter it is very possible they dont like/dislike the french in particular or something ??

now that's been detailed, IF you happen not to understand a word I wrote and feel the need to keep lying, just dont...

your last two reply are the most stupid I've ever had the "chance" to receive
since I dont need that level of stupidity in my life, we'll simply never talk again.
Typical snowflake. You don't like the language discussion, so anyone that brings it up hates the french. I honestly could care less about your language or anyone elses. The discussion is not about you or favorite languages, it's about what we feel about the team. I believe the teams hiring practices are not in the best interests of winning but are catered to a small minority of whinny people, not real fans. As a fan of the team, I'm sick of it. If it was easy to quit on a team, I would have. But fifty years of cheering for a team are not easy to wipe out. Maybe before the internet age it was easier not knowing about all the stupid politics surrounding the team. :(

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I used to love this team even in the Houle years because of it's history, because it being the hometown team. It was a sense of pride being a Habs fan.

I had few favorite players over the years. Roy, Desjardins, Koivu, Turgeon. All of which were traded or in some cases just let go for nothing so I've experienced the loss of a favorite player a few times. But what happened to Subban was different for me and I'll tell you why.

All of the other players I mentioned were all let go due to hockey related reasons. They were hockey trades. Roy wanted out, Desjardins was the main piece for acquiring Recchi, Gainey thought Koivu didn't have much left in the tank. Turgeon traded for Corson. All of trades were worse than what we got for Subban.

Bergevin traded Subban for personal reasons not hockey related ones. That trade broke my heart and from the moment it was made I've stopped caring about this team.

Alot of managerial moves have seemed personal towards certain players, favoring some over others. Politics and language influencing decisions from who to hire to who to play at center on the first line. I'm tired of it I just want to care again for a team I used to love.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
My first language is french and i have no problem with having guys in management speak french if they are also qualified for the job.

The problem is when our Gm does stupid stuff like trade Sergashev for Drouin . It's a total PR stunt and a slap in the face to fans that want to see the habs build an actual competant hockey team instead of focusing on acquiring Drouin to temporarily save face with a few fefans.

That trade makes no sense to me and would never have been made if he wasent from St Agathe I just don't get it i find it utterly ridiculous but maybe that's just me.

I know it's a business and winning is not on the top of the list but it would be nice to construct a hockey team based on logic and ongoing nhl trends instead of living in the past and appeasing to the RDS narrative that plagues the province.

Agreed.

Speaking french didnt stop Habs GM to acquire Belows, Kovalev, Smith, Damphousse, Turgeon, Recchi, Muller...

but for this GM, it's all about looking like he's trying hard. Bergevin speaks french so owner looks like he cares about his fanbase...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Typical snowflake. You don't like the language discussion, so anyone that brings it up hates the french. I honestly could care less about your language or anyone elses. The discussion is not about you or favorite languages, it's about what we feel about the team. I believe the teams hiring practices are not in the best interests of winning but are catered to a small minority of whinny people, not real fans. As a fan of the team, I'm sick of it. If it was easy to quit on a team, I would have. But fifty years of cheering for a team are not easy to wipe out. Maybe before the internet age it was easier not knowing about all the stupid politics surrounding the team. :(
haha, sorry mate, but looks like I'm not the snowflake afterall. :naughty:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You are still in the delusional senseless phase.
:biglaugh:

Habs have what it takes to become Champs....Stop trolling man..haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce