HF Habs: Anyone else completely losing interest in the Team?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
This year has been brutal but honestly since the pre-Subban trade collapse I've become less and less interested in supporting/watching this team play. I find the product boring, I really don't feel like ownership cares about winning and the management/coaches are unlikable and incompetent for the most part. Anyone else in my boat/looking for another team to follow?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The last 3 seasons, have been awful..............arrogance from MT/MB bad trades...bad evaluations, not making changes in the AHL to the coaching staff, blah blah blah.............

I think a ton of people feel the same way................we need a change in direction! And we need to hit a home run in the draft or free agency this summer!!

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I canceled my centre ice two years ago. I get real pissed when they win now. Such losers, cannot even tank properly. I do get solace in knowing they will suck as bad next year. I won't be happy until the binman is done.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's actually the opposite for me. I want to see them lose, but I can't help but like what I'm seeing. The team is full of young and exciting players.

The games have been more entertaining as of late.

Habs remade their left defense from last year and made it worse. Now it's gone through another makeover now, but a change in the right direction this time around.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Until Bergevin is fired I have no hope for us having a good team.

But, I like a lot of our young players and hope they will taste success under a new GM. My favorite young players, in order:

Scherbak, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Drouin, Juulsen, Mete, Danault, Hudon, Lehkonen, Carr, Lindgren, Deslaurier, Byron, Reilly, Valieve, Froese.

And, I like our vets: Price, Petry, Weber, Pacioretty,

Not a fan of Alzner and Shaw.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3

But, I like a lot of our young players and hope they will taste success under a new GM. My favorite young players, in order:

Scherbak, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Drouin, Juulsen, Mete, Danault, Hudon, Lehkonen, Carr, Lindgren, Deslaurier, Byron, Reilly, Valieve, Froese.

Deslaurier is 27 and Froese 26.

Byron is 28.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have way more interest in the draft than anything else. The draft always promises hope for something better, until our management screws it up.

I haven't watched a full game since early in the year. I watch parts of some games hoping for losses or I just check the score on my phone as the games go along.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
A fan who stops watching/giving interest during dark times, don't deserve to be subjected to the good times.

A fan that accepts mediocrity is not a real fan.

I've been following and cheering for the Habs the moment I know what hockey is... I've been a fan through even worst time than now.. I've spent money and time just as much as any fans of this team.. Don't f***ing tell me that I don't deserve the good time of this team because I hate the GM so much to the point that I've lost interest.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Sorry, born and raised in montreal.

Im stuck with em.

I still watch the games, but thats just because i like to watch hockey, my "love" for the team is dormant/hybernating for sure, for now.

I guess its a bit easier for non-montrealers to let go of the team

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I've definitely lost interest and become cynical about the organization and culture. I don't think they're ambitious enough in the quality of the team and will ever be as long as the BC is packed and people watch. As soon as they build a competitive team, it'll be back to the same thing (the history, anything can happen, we were unlucky yadda yadda).

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
A fan who stops watching/giving interest during dark times, don't deserve to be subjected to the good times.

You mean the dark times when the team is mismanaged in every area? When the priority is making money rather than winning cups? The times where the team gets worse and the concessions, tickets and merchandise all cost more, every year?

How about cheering when the Habs start respecting the fans and the game of hockey again?

I've been a serious fan for 50 years and honestly don't need to preached to about loyalty.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This year has been brutal but honestly since the pre-Subban trade collapse I've become less and less interested in supporting/watching this team play. I find the product boring, I really don't feel like ownership cares about winning and the management/coaches are unlikable and incompetent for the most part. Anyone else in my boat/looking for another team to follow?

Yes yes and yes
What pisses me off the most is that my kids are finally getting into hockey and both started playing this season. They have no interest in this team.
As for me, I have never ever refused so many tickets. Even 2 years ago I was more into it despite the team being out with no Price.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

And, I like our vets: Price, Petry, Weber, Pacioretty,

Not a fan of Alzner and Shaw.

Bang on. Just by getting rid of that arrogant f*** in Bergevin it will change things

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol I love the people labeling others as fake fans if they miss games. Get off your high horses. Are we supposed to sit through every second of this shit? It’s one thing for a team to suck, this is another level of a team sucking and being incredibly boring to watch. If you want to drink the Kool-Aid of this garbage management and garbage ownership, that’s your prerogative. You’re exactly the type of fans that keep this nonsense going since you just let them suck your bank accounts dry and turn the other cheek.

I used to watch every game, years ago but now I don’t care if I miss a game. I can barely sit through it. Not paying to go to games anymore either. Make some real changes and I’ll get invested again. Until then, Molson can f*** off.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Most of my apathy regarding the Habs are a direct result of Bergevin's moves and non-moves over the years. I won't go into full details but the Subban trade and failing to sign Radulov and Markov are some of his recent failures. Price's contract extension at 10.5 mil for 8 years can potentially backfire but it remains to be seen. Failing to make meaningful roster upgrades before the playoffs particularly in the 2014-2015 season and the 2016-2017 season comes to mind as the Habs lacked scoring depth. Keeping Therrien for so long despite the team collapsing in two different seasons is another mistake on his part and don't even mention the fact that Therrien prioritized giving DD prime offensive minutes instead of developing Galchenyuk as the #1 center for the future.

Despite all of the negatives that have been mentioned, I can't say that I am completely disinterested in this team. I am looking forward to this off-season. Habs have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds and potentially more if they decide to trade Pacioretty so at least our prospect pool should be improved this off-season. Bergevin seems to make his most impactful moves during the off-season so I'm curious to see what he plans on doing this time around.

Reactions: Roke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->