Any updates on Markov's game

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
In case anyone was wondering, Markov was invited to the KHL's all-star game (same with Emelin!) so obviously he isn't doing too shabby over there.

Thanks for info (appreciated).

Nice to know that Markov and Emelin made KHL's all-star team, but...when is this all-star game? (soon?). Because Markov shouldn't be playing in the KHL anymore!! I hope he's in Montreal already getting ready for our Habs!

Markov! Please stay healthy...when a vicious bodychecker is after you for that huge/violent hit a la Matt Cooke...please (big please) try to avoid it! You're allowed to avoid bodychecks!! Some of the best Habs dmen know how to (ex: Subban and Gorges). It's smart d...you avoid the bodycheck and the hitter hits the boards instead...it can be done!

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Nice to know that Markov and Emelin made KHL's all-star team, but...when is this all-star game? (soon?). Because Markov shouldn't be playing in the KHL anymore!! I hope he's in Montreal already getting ready for our Habs!

Markov! Please stay healthy...when a vicious bodychecker is after you for that huge/violent hit a la Matt Cooke...please (big please) try to avoid it! You're allowed to avoid bodychecks!! Some of the best Habs dmen know how to (ex: Subban and Gorges). It's smart d...you avoid the bodycheck and the hitter hits the boards instead...it can be done!

He won't go to the game. I think I saw a Dave Stubbs tweet saying he was coming back sometime this week.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
You guys shouldn't be concerned with Markov's point totals. He's playing for a bottom of the barrel team that's severely lacking offensive talent on its roster. He as a d-man can't make up for the lack of talent up front.

which of his teams are you talking about now?:sarcasm:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

a bit disappointing how mellow you are with Markov...

Your post is missing something.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So Markov still wants to play 1 more game in Russia while Emelin has already left his team?

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
saw this on the business board

It was learned Monday that Markov has decided to stay a little longer with Vityaz Chekhov, despite the fact that the Canadiens general manager, Marc Bergevin, expect to see the defender in training camp

whats going on?

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

It was learned Monday that Markov has decided to stay a little longer with Vityaz Chekhov, despite the fact that the Canadiens general manager, Marc Bergevin, expect to see the defender in training camp

whats going on?

As stubbs said " Price will be here Wednesday and Markov will get here Thursday" in plenty of time for camp
so, what's the big deal?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

whats going on?

He arrives Thursday and camp starts Saturday.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Markov is doing nothing the organization is not letting him do. Emelin's team is playing an away game tomorrow which could explain why he's leaving right away while Markov is staying an extra day to play.

I can't believe there's Markov bashing on twitter.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
whats the big deal? he wants to play 1 more game ...

A. to train a little bit more

B. to thanks the team he played for..

he could be injured in training camp as well...(hope not)

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
whats the big deal? he wants to play 1 more game ...

A. to train a little bit more

B. to thanks the team he played for..

he could be injured in training camp as well...(hope not)

A) great to know Markov is dedicated to training a bit more in with his Russian (even though lockout ended)...makes lots of sense.

B) it's a sweet gesture...he wants to play 1 more game for his Russian team to thank them...very sweet of Markov...really loving him more and more. I wish more players stayed an extra game or two to thank their European teams instead of coming back to their nhl teams without playing another game in Europe...to honor their hefty nhl contracts worth a ludicrous amount of money.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
A) great to know Markov is dedicated to training a bit more in with his Russian (even though lockout ended)...makes lots of sense.

B) it's a sweet gesture...he wants to play 1 more game for his Russian team to thank them...very sweet of Markov...really loving him more and more. I wish more players stayed an extra game or two to thank their European teams instead of coming back to their nhl teams without playing another game in Europe...to honor their hefty nhl contracts worth a ludicrous amount of money.

really? So being 3 days early for camp instead of 4 is cause to rehash this whole ridiculous loyalty issue?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just hope the surgeon gave him bionic knees. I feel bad for the terrible injuries he has had to deal with and I also feel bad for our lack of depth when he has gone down. Our success whatever that is will hinge:) on Markov and his knees.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I could see this coming a mile away.

I guess Datsyuk isn't loyal to the Red Wings by this logic, they should trade that traitor who dares stay in Russia one extra day when training camp doesn't even open to the weekend, maybe they'd want the ever loyal Scott Gomez for him?

Myron Gaines*

Gaston Therrien ripped Markov a new one on l'Antichambre for staying one more game.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's really sad to see how under appreciated Markov has become. Really. We have pathetic fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad