Any updates on Markov's game

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
How as he been playing in the KHL? Is he back to his good ol’ days forms? Is he playing a number one D role in his current team and do you think he can still be the Habs MVP (or close to) he was once?

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Didn't he make the KHL all-star team?

It still boggles my mind seeing posts about buying Markov out or trading him to acquire cap space.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Markov probably will never be the player he used to be. Good veteran though and proud Hab. If he can give us solid defensive play he is all fine with me.

Last edited:

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Markob probably will never be the player he used to be. Good veteran though and proud Hab. If he can give us solid defensive play he is all fine with me.

Till he finishes a season with -15 while playing great.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Didn't he make the KHL all-star team?

It still boggles my mind seeing posts about buying Markov out or trading him to acquire cap space.

The main thing I'm worried about is that he stays healthy. The rest will fall in place. Getting 20 or so games in the KHL hopefully gets him back to 09-10 form.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Markob probably will never be the player he used to be. Good veteran though and proud Hab. If he can give us solid defensive play he is all fine with me.

Why not. He isn't 36-37, and ACL injuries are the type that most players make a full come back. See Malkin or Adrian Peterson.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Why not. He isn't 36-37, and ACL injuries are the type that most players make a full come back. See Malkin or Adrian Peterson.

The thing is he had multiple knee injuries, not just one. But hey, good for us if he return to his old self.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The low point total is pretty concerning to me. I think if he's a decent #3 d-man (if there's a season this year), that's a good stepping stone for a full season next year.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
The low point total is pretty concerning to me. I think if he's a decent #3 d-man (if there's a season this year), that's a good stepping stone for a full season next year.

I would not be too concerned by the low point totals right now as he's still in the re-adaptation phase and needs time to find his offensive groove back.

Markov is being utilized as a top 4 defenceman on his team, logging ~19 minutes a night or playing an average of ~22 shifts a game. +4 playing on one of the worst teams in the KHL.

Although there's nothing to rave about, seems like he's been playing fine and is quietly getting back in game shape.

No one knows whether he will be able to return to his elite-like form, but the fact that he is not playing terribly and his knee is holding strong are positive signs.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I would not be too concerned by the low point totals right now as he's still in the re-adaptation phase and needs time to find his offensive groove back.

Markov is being utilized as a top 4 defenceman on his team, logging ~19 minutes a night or playing an average of ~22 shifts a game. +4 playing on one of the worst teams in the KHL.

Although there's nothing to rave about, seems like he's been playing fine and is quietly getting back in game shape.

No one knows whether he will be able to return to his elite-like form, but the fact that he is not playing terribly and his knee is holding strong are positive signs.

Also he had a 2 assists game with 0 pts on the scoresheet. :P

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

He plays on a terrible team and the KHL only counts secondary assists if they are part of a direct play. Someone posted a video a while back of one Vityaz win where Markov was held pointless and how there was two plays that would clearly lead to assists in the NHL.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Time will tell for Markov - knee injuries are among the worst to come back from, and to sustain multiple injuries in short succession has to take its toll. Playing in the KHL will no doubt help him regain his form and fitness, but his confidence also. And if he does need to miss a few games here and there, it could also be a blessing in disguise for his future replacement, Nathan Beaulieu, who is starting to play good hockey down in the A.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

You have to be careful interpreting that total. What kind of role does he play? What system does the team play? Does he have the right talent around him to fully utilize his abilities? The list goes on....

We should be watching his games regularly before we make a judgement on his production.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You guys shouldn't be concerned with Markov's point totals. He's playing for a bottom of the barrel team that's severely lacking offensive talent on its roster. He as a d-man can't make up for the lack of talent up front.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You have to be careful interpreting that total. What kind of role does he play? What system does the team play? Does he have the right talent around him to fully utilize his abilities? The list goes on....

We should be watching his games regularly before we make a judgement on his production.

"...Does the league actually know how to count?"

You guys shouldn't be concerned with Markov's point totals. He's playing for a bottom of the barrel team that's severely lacking offensive talent on its roster. He as a d-man can't make up for the lack of talent up front.

Good prep for coming back to the habs. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad