Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Weird to have people crapping on a prospect who is playing amazing. Guess that’s what being a panthers fan does.
It could also be an internet thing, where anything anyone says can only be perceived as either praising the prospect as the best ever or calling him a bust. ;)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It could also be an internet thing, where anything anyone says can only be perceived as either praising the prospect as the best ever or calling him a bust. ;)
I think we should all be feeling lucky he dropped to 12. I still see a 70ish point defensive beast at max level which is still an amazing grab for any team.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I think we should all be feeling lucky he dropped to 12. I still see a 70ish point defensive beast at max level which is still an amazing grab for any team.
He certainly looks like a steal so far. Most of us probably expected him to go in the top 10 and now it looks like he should have been top 5. I haven't been watching the other 11 though, except Holtz (who also looks a lot better than last year).

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Weird to have people crapping on a prospect who is playing amazing. Guess that’s what being a panthers fan does.
I think it comes from a place of fear. This is the first prospect that has completely lit it up after we've drafted them. This kid is suddenly on everyone's radar and it's looking more and more like he was a complete steal at our spot (many said this day of).

No one wants to get too excited for fear of yet another disappointment. Lundell looks phenomenal, but I too am curbing my expectations a bit. I think you need to to stay sane with this club. Lundell is going to have a huge impact on this squad, but it may take him a couple seasons to adjust to the speed of the NHL along with the smaller ice surface. I'm really excited to see him in a Panthers jersey but I agree in not counting your chickens before they hatch as we've been burnt by it many times before.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think it comes from a place of fear. This is the first prospect that has completely lit it up after we've drafted them. This kid is suddenly on everyone's radar and it's looking more and more like he was a complete steal at our spot (many said this day of).

No one wants to get too excited for fear of yet another disappointment. Lundell looks phenomenal, but I too am curbing my expectations a bit. I think you need to to stay sane with this club. Lundell is going to have a huge impact on this squad, but it may take him a couple seasons to adjust to the speed of the NHL along with the smaller ice surface. I'm really excited to see him in a Panthers jersey but I agree in not counting your chickens before they hatch as we've been burnt by it many times before.
I’m honestly happy with him being a low end 1C or high end 2C anything else is gravy.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

It's not about crapping.

It's about having realistic expectations. As good as he's been so far this year, he's not a lock to have a big impact in the NHL at his firt year IMO. I like what I see from Lundell, but I don't like what I see from Liiga. The play looks slow out there and defensively, it's not looking good. I know a part of this has to do with the fact that they are playing on a big ice, but still...Liiga is nowhere close of the NHL level.

The NHL is a very diffrent beast and Lundell will find out soon enough. He'll get there, but he'll need some time to adjust.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It's not about crapping.

It's about having realistic expectations. As good as he's been so far this year, he's not a lock to have a big impact in the NHL at his firt year IMO. I like what I see from Lundell, but I don't like what I see from Liiga. The play looks slow out there and defensively, it's not looking good. I know a part of this has to do with the fact that they are playing on a big ice, but still...Liiga is nowhere close of the NHL level.

The NHL is a very diffrent beast and Lundell will find out soon enough. He'll get there, but he'll need some time to adjust.
Of course he’ll need time to adjust as most prospects do. But liiga has brought players like Barkov, aho, teravainen, laine, Rantanen, etc. he’ll be fine. Might not light it up first year but I’m very excited about his potential.

Reactions: sinDer

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I think he has legit potential to be a consistent 25+g/55+pt second line center who plays a smart and responsible all-around game. Give me that any day of the week, if so. If he exceeds that? We’ll be sitting pretty down the middle longterm.

Reactions: Thomas Colavecchio

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
And who are the top 4?

probably 4 complete unknown players that will never play in the NHL.
That is not relevant. Top European players are really good but their game is not suited for NHL and some of them are much better than lower tier NHL players. It is not possible that complitely every player in the NHL are best players every year.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Didn't Huberdeau go nuts in Saint John after we drafted him?

Reactions: Cold Cat

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lundell could've had a goal and assist today with a little more luck. Dragged the goalie and hit it off the side of the net and gave a GORGEOUS breakaway pass cross rink to his teammate who missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad