Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
I think he has legit potential to be a consistent 25+g/55+pt second line center who plays a smart and responsible all-around game. Give me that any day of the week, if so. If he exceeds that? We’ll be sitting pretty down the middle longterm.
Agree FF67...I am excited about the possibilities that Lundell presents. At 2C his play so far as has been highlighted seems to show that the Cats would have a much greater overall balance down the middle than we had seen when Tro manned that spot.
I for one do not want to see him rushed...with the uncertainties that this year will likely present I think he will be better served long term to remain where he is this year as Zito has said, and develop his game even further.
Perhaps Wenny slotted at 2C this year, possibly Eetu at 3C, and Acciari at 4C ( or maybe even Lammikko at 4C and Acciari on the wing) works this year, and then provides even greater depth for the Team down the middle ( and strength on the PK) when Lundell earns his break into the lineup

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lundell could've had a goal and assist today with a little more luck. Dragged the goalie and hit it off the side of the net and gave a GORGEOUS breakaway pass cross rink to his teammate who missed.
This poor game revised my expectations: second ballot hall of gamer now

Reactions: stppnmd

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Very impressed by him. I don't see any major fails on his game, offensive upside was uncertain before he improved skating, not anymore. As an prospect of him level would typicaly be drafted between 3-5. Maybe little lesser version of Sebastian Aho could be his upside, see lots of similarities. If for some reason his improvement takes a hit, you still get solid NHLer, his floor is high with all the qualities of him. Dynamic player with great hockey iq who drives the game and is all over the ice, fast snap shots in tight spaces. I'll bet he will outplay Kotkaniemi very soon.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
That's top-5 in all those categories, even Bombino can't get how good is Lundell...

I've also seen Pronman's rankings of U-23 NHL players/prospects... This guy doesn't like the Panthers it's so obvious... Lundell and Knight still well below comparable players, it's so funny...
Biased towards certain guys, definitely. Anti-Panthers? Nah. He was one of the loudest pro-Borgstrom and pro-Denisenko guys just a few years back - IIRC, both were in his top5 at certain points.
Also, Knight is 3rd ranked goalie behind Askarov and Hart - you could argue he should be n.1, but it's not some gross oversight. Pronman only has 5 goalies ranked in his top 150 prospects; two of them are Panthers.
He repeatedly overvalues potential ceiling and flash - if it's a choice between "potential top6" guy with high risk of being a bust, and a "safe bet" bottom 6 NHL guy, he'll always chose the top6 guy, no matter how many of those eventually end up in Europe.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Biased towards certain guys, definitely. Anti-Panthers? Nah. He was one of the loudest pro-Borgstrom and pro-Denisenko guys just a few years back - IIRC, both were in his top5 at certain points.
Also, Knight is 3rd ranked goalie behind Askarov and Hart - you could argue he should be n.1, but it's not some gross oversight. Pronman only has 5 goalies ranked in his top 150 prospects; two of them are Panthers.
He repeatedly overvalues potential ceiling and flash - if it's a choice between "potential top6" guy with high risk of being a bust, and a "safe bet" bottom 6 NHL guy, he'll always chose the top6 guy, no matter how many of those eventually end up in Europe.
As it should be. There is still some concern over lundells offensive upside. He is a very safe bet to be 3c at the nhl level. But the high end upside is questionable.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I guess its free to say, he will get his Invite to next years camp. I saw 90% of his Tournment and i find his play impressive.
Another great Finnish Center we get, has he the TopScorer mentality like MacKinnon or Draisaitl hard to tell. But another impressive 2 Way Center.
I mean for his Age he showed, in my opinion a better Defensive Game, as you await from Players his Age.

Reactions: harv33173

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
New artice about Barkov saying he feels like he's grown as a player and person in 2020 a lot and one reasons because he's had to be alone a lot.

He was asked about Lundell and said he's been following him even before he was drafted and called him right away after being drafted by the Panthers. He said he followed him closely at WJC and he saw how Lundell is a young leader and added he plays great two way game, can do what he wants on the ice and doesnt have weaknesses. That those kinda players make a difference on the ice and added he hopes to see him in Florida soon to help us out. Article also mentioned Florida Panthers management has been in contact with Lundell a lot

It's in finnish

Aleksander Barkovilta hurjaa puhetta NHL-lupaus Anton Lundellista – "Olemme olleet yhteydessä siitä asti, kun hänet varattiin"

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Hattrick this evening.
Lundell has missed games because of world juniors tournament, injury and being sick. Still he leads the goal scoring table. 16 goals in 21 games is not bad for a center. Patrik Laine scored 17 goals in 46 games before he left Liiga for the Jets.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad