Confirmed with Link: Anton Forsberg extended at 2.75 AAV x 3 years

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I am fine with this. Forsberg was solid this season and going in with Murray and Gus next year was a recipes for disaster..

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wow two straight days of meltdown in here.

Glad to see Forsberg signed he’s been great for us. Gus is clearly not ready, and Murray is injury prone.

If he keeps up his play it’s a great deal. I liked the comparisons to Andy by McKenna over Hamburgaler/Condon, I’m pulling for the guy to be that late bloomer finally getting his shot!

sure.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With Murray's health and inconsistency, we had zero leverage. That Murray trade has been catastrophic so far.
Look at every trade after the moment Dorion was like “now we need to get to the next level”. It’s terrifying. He’s just not capable of identifying even decent pros. Murray stepan gudbrannson josh brown mdz Hamonic dadonov. It’s crazy. It’s actually crazy.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Imagine if San Jose didn't implode after the Karlsson trade? JFC Dorion has a horseshoe where the sun don't shine and he's still abysmal. It's like the universe is trying it's best to help him out and he's like "nah fam I'm Pierre Dorion luck is for losers".

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I will say that management might know something about Murray's health that we don't, which could have motivated this deal.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
A year too long. However, the team loves him and he has been playing lights out good. I guess the Gus Bus is heading to the auction house.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Will lose him to waivers, or pay him an NHL salary in the AHL, barring a trade of him or Murray.

Lots of options, but depends on what eventually happens with Murray.

IF they keep Murray, then Gus could be stuck in the AHL for fear of being lost on waivers.....could be traded if decided that Murray remains with team.......................and the worst case scenario is keeping all three on the NHL roster until one of the three is moved........ painted themselves into corner here, and may have to wait until it drys .

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

IF they keep Murray, then Gus could be stuck in the AHL for fear of being lost on waivers.....could be traded if decided that Murray remains with team.......................and the worst case scenario is keeping all three on the NHL roster until one of the three is moved........ painted themselves into corner here, and may have to wait until it drys .
He can’t be stuck in the AHL for fear of being lost on waivers, he’d need to be put on waivers to get to the AHL.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don't mind this. Cheap enough so that it doesn't cripple us, not like that's possible anwyays when you're so beneath the cap ceiling.

Goalies are late bloomers and he's finally playing a lot of games, looks technically sound. Maybe he can grow into this and be our guy until Gustavsson/Soogard are ready.

I hope this means that Murray is gone though.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Would have been smarter to wait to see how he performs down the stretch with Murray injured.
the downside of that strategy is that if kept playing as he has been, or exceeded and played better, he may have commanded more money than he signed for..... or could have decided to give UFA a run to cash in.

So perhaps the Sens are "buying low" today, rather than having his stock climb over the last 1/4 of the season.

BUT, if he craps the bed the rest of the season, then we can revisit this signeing at this time............ they needed him for the rest of the season, as Murray is not going to come back, so each side had an interest in staying with the team.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

More like the only option they have knowing it's essentially a guarantee that Murray will get injured again. If they move one proactively they'll just be left scrambling when Murray inevitably goes down.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
LOLLLLLLLL

giving away picks and extra years to waiver wire players.

Anyone defending Dorion at this point is either a bot or just loves being mediocre.

I can 100% guarantee this contract will blow up in our faces and once again our internal budget will be hampered by all the money wasted on goalies and d men that are barely nhlers.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He can’t be stuck in the AHL for fear of being lost on waivers, he’d need to be put on waivers to get to the AHL.
No, he can be sent to the AHL this season, and remain on their official roster over the off season, and start the next season in the AHL..... and only risk being lost if called up to the NHL.

SO starting in the AHL he's stuck there (for fear of being lost on waivers) if he starts in the NHL, then he's stuck there too, as he could be lost if send down to the AHL, on wiavers...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No, he can be sent to the AHL this season, and remain on their official roster over the off season, and start the next season in the AHL..... and only risk being lost if called up to the NHL.

SO starting in the AHL he's stuck there (for fear of being lost on waivers) if he starts in the NHL, then he's stuck there too, as he could be lost if send down to the AHL, on wiavers...

That’s not how it works.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

No, he cannot. He needs to be sent through waivers to get to the AHL to start next season like every single other guy that is on a 1 way contract.

……….
….

Reactions: Icelevel

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'll take your word for that, I stand corrected.

Something has to happen then, Murray traded? Murray on LTIR? Can't keep all three on NHL roster for the entire season... something has to give

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
No, he cannot. He needs to be sent through waivers to get to the AHL to start next season like every single other guy that is on a 1 way contract.

……….
….
Isn’t it about his waiver eligibility and not about whether his contract is 1 way or 2 way?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Isn’t it about his waiver eligibility and not about whether his contract is 1 way or 2 way?
Yeah that’s what I had intended to portray but came out wrong, 1 way deals mean you are waiver eligible, he’s signed to an NHL deal and needs to pass through waivers to get to the AHL

Reactions: Ice-Tray

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I like that they signed AF but not a fan of the term, I think they should have waited until the off-season and reassess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad