Player Discussion Anthony Richard

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
36 secs mark ... The pass and goal beautiful. Good to see Richard settling in. I can see him being used more in the top 2 lines and pk. Happy for him. Much like Brazeau a guy that has to work hard to make it to the NHL.

Richard must rank in the top 3 for speed bruins all time? Richard, Paille, Hall

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
First of all, his listed height is a monument to how meaningless size stats are in the NHL, particularly for players who are seriously short. He is listed at 5'10 and even 5'11 (!) when he's only 5'8 at the MOST, and maybe even 5'7.

But the good part is - who cares? He is faster than dookie thru a goose and can score. He even hits and has had evidence of dropping the gloves. This guy is a definite SPARK PLUG and we desperately need someone like that.

I think he will be delegated to left wing because, although based on a very limited sample of face-offs with Montreal, (13 games with only 10 minutes TOI a game) his F/O % was a dismal 25%. But again - I don't care. I love this guy! (Even with a name like "RICHARD" :thumbu:)

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
First of all, his listed height is a monument to how meaningless size stats are in the NHL, particularly for players who are seriously short. He is listed at 5'10 and even 5'11 (!) when he's only 5'8 at the MOST, and maybe even 5'7.

But the good part is - who cares? He is faster than dookie thru a goose and can score. He even hits and has had evidence of dropping the gloves. This guy is a definite SPARK PLUG and we desperately need someone like that.

I think he will be delegated to left wing because, although based on a very limited sample of face-offs with Montreal, (13 games with only 10 minutes TOI a game) his F/O % was a dismal 25%. But again - I don't care. I love this guy! (Even with a name like "RICHARD" :thumbu:)

Wow that fight was impressive!

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
He reminds me a little of Yanni Gourde, a surprise late bloomer who continued to improve the more he played. Not sure if he can put up those kind of numbers, but Gourde also looked to be a career AHLer until his age 26-27 season. Both undersized but are scrappy and have a high compete level.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I want to see Richard with more ice time and in a top 6 spot. He's outplaying DeBrusk right now and looks motivated.
It’s one of those deals where he is obviously not a long term top 6, but given where the team’s slumping level of play and his playing above expectations, why not put him up there and see if things get going for a few games before he finds himself back in the bottom six.

Reactions: BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It’s one of those deals where he is obviously not a long term top 6, but given where the team’s slumping level of play and his playing above expectations, why not put him up there and see if things get going for a few games before he finds himself back in the bottom six.
He went from averaging 13 + minutes a game to 10 last night. I only watched part of the first period but thought he was making things happen. Was he injured? or demoted? Bothersome when players are not given fair opportunity / time to develop opportunity top lines.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
He went from averaging 13 + minutes a game to 10 last night. I only watched part of the first period but thought he was making things happen. Was he injured? or demoted? Bothersome when players are not given fair opportunity / time to develop opportunity top lines.

Monty can't keep a line together even for a single game. The coach is the problem with this team. Last year, Bergy wanted Cassidy gone, so they brought in Monty. But then everyone played for Bergy, not the coach. Monty might as well have not been there. Now without Bergy it's Monty's team, and he is a dumpster fire. It's time to fire the coach.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Monty can't keep a line together even for a single game. The coach is the problem with this team. Last year, Bergy wanted Cassidy gone, so they brought in Monty. But then everyone played for Bergy, not the coach. Monty might as well have not been there. Now without Bergy it's Monty's team, and he is a dumpster fire. It's time to fire the coach.
Seems reasonable.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I agree, players should have more than 4 or 5 shifts to jell/connect with new line-mates before breaking it up. Was it Richard or Freddy that failed on the top line? Was it the D and/or their line-mates that struggled the 4 or 5 shifts hence impacting the results? Give it at least 2 full games. Must be somewhat frustrating for the players involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB and BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Still puzzled how you can insert this player saying you want more speed and some skill but staple him to bench 3 on 3.If he can't play then he is basically useless (pk maybe) and you should add size to lineup.Maybe useless is harsh but you should know what I am trying to get at .

Reactions: TD Charlie

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Still puzzled how you can insert this player saying you want more speed and some skill but staple him to bench 3 on 3.If he can't play then he is basically useless (pk maybe) and you should add size to lineup.Maybe useless is harsh but you should know what I am trying to get at .
I believe Richard was excelling PK time Providence. I was under the impression that was one of the reasons for his call up. He would bring his speed and help on PK. Give March a rest. Ghieshhh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad