Player Discussion Anthony Richard

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Whats everyone think so far of Richard? Pretty nice goal against the Kings courteous of Dubois's defensive coverage

Good speed and finishes some checks. I like him more than Boqvist, Steen and what I saw from Merkulov but don't think he's a better option than what we saw from Beecher
I like him less than Lauko and more than Steen and Boqvist.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Whats everyone think so far of Richard? Pretty nice goal against the Kings courteous of Dubois's defensive coverage

Good speed and finishes some checks. I like him more than Boqvist, Steen and what I saw from Merkulov but don't think he's a better option than what we saw from Beecher
I would not mind seeing him on a line with Beecher and Lauko........

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Give him at least 10 games and see what he brings in terms of consistency ...scored a nice goal from Boqvist feed last game but then lost coverage in a LA sequence that led to a goal ... let's see where it all level out after the same # of games that other 4th line fringe guys were provided. His speed and hands might make him stick.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Happy to see him playing well...bruins may have found themselves two late bloomers in Brazeau and Richard. The 2 (3 - Boquist) on the same line makes too much sense.

Next up for Richard is PK...I believe he was one of the more effective players in Providence.

The saucer pass to Boquist was a beauty.

Richard is also an effective interviewer taker.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Tony Dick:

Pros: He's fast. He tends to go to the net a lot. Finishes checks.
Cons: he's nothing special, imo
Did you catch his saucer pass to Boyquist and first goal as a Bruin goal? I see skill to go along with fast forechecker and creating havoc steeling pucks.

Being fast is some important in todays league.

Reactions: Gordoff

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
We need to give him at least 10 games to see what he can do.
Lauko has very limited offensive skill..... 6 goals in 63 NHL games and 23 in 134 AHL games.
Richard = 4 goals in 20 NHL games and he has 19 goals in 41 AHL games this year.
If Richard does not work out, maybe call up Lysell and give him a chance?
We need more scoring.

Reactions: Skelen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We need to give him at least 10 games to see what he can do.
Lauko has very limited offensive skill..... 6 goals in 63 NHL games and 23 in 134 AHL games.
Richard = 4 goals in 20 NHL games and he has 19 goals in 41 AHL games this year.
If Richard does not work out, maybe call up Lysell and give him a chance?
We need more scoring.
Lysell up when Debrusk traded...

Reactions: Kalus

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
he's played well. tenacious on the forecheck and he clearly has good mitts. this bruins team is desperate for team speed and this kid can fly.
I can live with him but it's when you have to much of same thing it becomes an issue.He has played well though in spite of needing more bangers on bottom 6.

Did you catch his saucer pass to Boyquist and first goal as a Bruin goal? I see skill to go along with fast forechecker and creating havoc steeling pucks.

Being fast is some important in todays league.
I was him I would be studying Bruins PK from prime Marchand yrs and really look to up my game in that area.That could keep him around while he polishes rest his game.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
As long as he works on improving his defensive responsibilities I'm all good. He's missed a few assignments that have led to goals against but likely just needs time to adjust to the speed and skill of NHL opposition and our own system and his teammates. He brings a hell of a lot of energy and compete which this team can lack at times.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Flat out, this team need 2 more goal scorers if they are going anywhere now and in the future.
They are currently tied for 4th most goals scored in the league. But, with Marchand aging and DeBrusk likely gone sooner than later, you are probably right. They have other more pressing needs NOW, however.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tony Dick:

Pros: He's fast. He tends to go to the net a lot. Finishes checks.
Cons: he's nothing special, imo
haven`t seen him play so can`t comment on him other than stats, looks like the kid has been pretty productive for a rookie

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I like this guy. He has an X factor in his speed and he throws checks and makes plays. Seems to have that compete you look for. Small sample size but I could see him having some big plays in the playoffs
He can score. Let him work his way up and take some lazy person’s spot.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad