WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I would. You’ll see why eventually

giphy.gif

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
Ignorance seems to have struck you first.

You're more than welcome to go make a poll, though.
Haha

I don’t base my opinions on polls but I see the potential affirmation of a collective is something that would make you feel better. Good for you. Time will tell.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Haha

I don’t base my opinions on polls but I see the potential affirmation of a collective is something that would make you feel better. Good for you. Time will tell.

You didn't have to say potential affirmation, considering I just found that there already is a poll, which you voted on.

I'm guessing the reason you didn't bring it up is because it's 10-4 Seider.... And Bouchard's four votes are all Edmonton fans. :laugh:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
A 29 year old player on a contending team? The horror! You'll only have another 3-4 seasons of solid play out of him! Better find some magic beans to trade him for, quick.

I assume you'll also want to dump Larkin? I mean, 27 is basically 29. Zadina should probably go to, at that point, since it'll be another 9 years until you have a C who's ready...

I think the argument here us that Larkin is the kind of player you put a "c" on his jersey and build around. Mantha is good, but he's not Larkin. I can see the argument to trading him for younger assets with a potentially higher ceiling because he's not likely a difference maker on the next, great Detroit team because of how far away they are and his age. Why pay retail for that?

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
You didn't have to say potential affirmation, considering I just found that there already is a poll, which you voted on.

I'm guessing the reason you didn't bring it up is because it's 10-4 Seider.... And Bouchard's four votes are all Edmonton fans. :laugh:
Why would I bring it up? It’s unimportant to what I think. But since you did apparently the results show 4 people would take Bouchard. That’s not ‘no one.’ Regardless those poll results don’t change what I think.

It seems that public opinion is your guideline. Does that mean that if the results of that poll were in Bouchard’s favour that you would have a different opinion?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I think the argument here us that Larkin is the kind of player you put a "c" on his jersey and build around. Mantha is good, but he's not Larkin. I can see the argument to trading him for younger assets with a potentially higher ceiling because he's not likely a difference maker on the next, great Detroit team because of how far away they are and his age. Why pay retail for that?

I can see the argument that Detroit isn't that far away.

Don't think people really realize that Detroit's future is heavily based on how they fare in the lottery. They've already built a solid supporting cast. At this point they need a gamechanger.

Reactions: lilidk

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why would I bring it up? It’s unimportant to what I think. But since you did apparently the results show 4 people would take Bouchard. That’s not ‘no one.’ Regardless those poll results don’t change what I think.

It seems that public opinion is your guideline. Does that mean that if the results of that poll were in Bouchard’s favour that you would have a different opinion?

I'm disturbed that you actually took, "No one", that literally... Although if you want to go off the current results, no one outside of Edmonton fans would. :laugh:

It's OK to admit you're wrong bud. He's still a good prospect, he's just not that good.

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
I'm disturbed that you actually took, "No one", that literally... Although if you want to go off the current results, no one outside of Edmonton fans would. :laugh:

It's OK to admit you're wrong bud. He's still a good prospect, he's just not that good.
How could I be wrong about a book that hasn’t been written yet? To be honest my objection to your assertions is mostly in your presentation. You seem to think arrogance and talking down to people is a way to prove that you’re correct. It’s unbecoming.

Regarding the players in question I don’t think there’s much that separates the two at this point other than preference but I prefer Bouchard. It’s to find someone with that offensive skill set.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How could I be wrong about a book that hasn’t been written yet? To be honest my objection to your assertions is mostly in your presentation. You seem to think arrogance and talking down to people is a way to prove that you’re correct. It’s unbecoming.

Regarding the players in question I don’t think there’s much that separates the two at this point other than preference but I prefer Bouchard. It’s to find someone with that offensive skill set.

Humility comes to us all eventually

You should take your own advice.

Nothing separates them but preference, and it appears just about every non-Detroit and Edmonton fan prefers Seider so... Maybe there's something to that. :dunno:

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
You should take your own advice.

Nothing separates them but preference, and it appears just about every non-Detroit and Edmonton fan prefers Seider so... Maybe there's something to that. :dunno:
Oh I definitely have problems with humility. I’m just not as aggressive as you in asserting something that I don’t know to be true. Regardless, like I said, your presentation is unbecoming. The more you talk, the more I want to show you a mirror.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Oh I definitely have problems with humility. I’m just not as aggressive as you in asserting something that I don’t know to be true. Regardless, like I said, your presentation is unbecoming. The more you talk, the more I want to show you a mirror.

*Casually tries to take the spotlight off the Seider/Bouchard conversation after coming up short*

There's not much more to talk about here, man. Bouchard could suddenly become the next Pronger. Seider could get hit by a meteor tomorrow. Fact is, presently, Seider's the better prospect. A simple eye test indicates that. The poll indicates that. And I didn't even get into the numerous prospect rankings within the last month and a half that have Seider over Bouchard. (And that includes Button, who still evidently thinks Seider's comparable is Brandon Carlo. :laugh:)

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
*Casually tries to take the spotlight off the Seider/Bouchard conversation after coming up short*

There's not much more to talk about here, man. Bouchard could suddenly become the next Pronger. Seider could get hit by a meteor tomorrow. Fact is, presently, Seider's the better prospect. A simple eye test indicates that. The poll indicates that. And I didn't even get into the numerous prospect rankings within the last month and a half that have Seider over Bouchard. (And that includes Button, who still evidently thinks Seider's comparable is Brandon Carlo. :laugh:)
Oh man. Blind assertions based on a hfboard poll = reality? It reminds me of an orange man who lives south of me.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think we will know who is better until both play in the NHL as regulars. I also don't know what else Bouchard can do to impress, but fortunately he looks to be the right player for Edmonton at the right time in the future.

I think we can close this thread. Detroit isn't dealing Mantha (who just came back from serious injury but remains a key piece of the Wings going forward) and the Oilers aren't going to mortgage the future to get him. Arguing who has the better prospect is pointless and outside the scope of this trade.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

What does the eye test (subjective) tell you exactly regarding the 2? I really like Seider, but you are going to have to come at this objectively if you are going to make an argument. Prospect polls and rankings are not it.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
What does the eye test (subjective) tell you exactly regarding the 2? I really like Seider, but you are going to have to come at this objectively if you are going to make an argument. Prospect polls and rankings are not it.
How does one evaluate prospects "subjectively"? If there was a way, every NHL team could fire their scouting departments and use central scouting entirely. Even if prospects coud be evaluated subjectively, the fact that different teams have different needs changes their value from one team to another.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Seider 18 months younger and I like the attitude he plays the game with, I think he compliments what we are trying to move toward. But I'd love a Bouchard too, I would've been perfectly content drafting him going into the 2018 draft. No one should be getting this worked up in a debate between these prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad