Value of: Anthony Mantha to Edmonton

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Edmonton needs a scoring winger. Anthony Mantha can score.
He also has size.
Unlike Athanasiou, he hasn't tanked on a terrible regular season team.
He's also an RFA due a hefty raise.
So?
What's Anthony Mantha return from the Oilers.
Wings have needs at:
LD.
C.
G.
RH forwards.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I don’t think Edmonton has the available pieces you’re looking for unless you would be ok with picks and prospects.

But it would seem stupid of the Red Wings to trade Mantha for picks and prospects and just set them back even further in the rebuild.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Nurse is probably too old and not signed long enough for Detroit, but for cap reasons, he'd be in Edmonton's first offer. I'd do Broberg +, or if you're interested, Jones +++. I'd also inquire about adding Glendening; don't think he'd cost much extra.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Nurse is probably too old and not signed long enough for Detroit, but for cap reasons, he'd be in Edmonton's first offer. I'd do Broberg +, or if you're interested, Jones +++. I'd also inquire about adding Glendening; don't think he'd cost much extra.
Nurse and Mantha are the same age. Nurse is younger than Mantha by months. If they'd prefer to keep Mantha cause Nurse is too old, I'd say someone in Detroit has lost their f***in marbles.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think the Red Wings want to trade Mantha, him and Larkin are their top forwards and they need top line players over depth players, Edmonton wouldn't be able to afford his raise and he'd definitely get more i Edmonton than anywhere else

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Not moving Mantha. He’s the real deal and people will realize it once he stops getting himself injured in stupid ways.

With him already being 25 and the Redwings still with multiple rebuilding years ahead of them, do you think there is any situation where trading him isn't inevitable as they wont be in a position to get the most out of the rest of his prime? Where as the return could better speed up the rebuild with pieces that better align with the teams window?

Reactions: ImJustJokinen

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not moving Mantha. He’s the real deal and people will realize it once he stops getting himself injured in stupid ways.

Yeah, but he's a real deal who's 25 and we are 3-4 years from being any good.
So you're looking at 29-30 year old Mantha about the time we're ready to even contend for a playoff spot.

We can nibble around the edges and trade Athanasiou while his value is lowest.
Or you can be bold.
Drouin for Sergachev bold.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Yeah, but he's a real deal who's 25 and we are 3-4 years from being any good.
So you're looking at 29-30 year old Mantha about the time we're ready to even contend for a playoff spot.

We can nibble around the edges and trade Athanasiou while his value is lowest.
Or you can be bold.
Drouin for Sergachev bold.

A 29 year old player on a contending team? The horror! You'll only have another 3-4 seasons of solid play out of him! Better find some magic beans to trade him for, quick.

I assume you'll also want to dump Larkin? I mean, 27 is basically 29. Zadina should probably go to, at that point, since it'll be another 9 years until you have a C who's ready...

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I was thinking yamamoto and those pieces would be the wings ask
Yamamoto is already doing things Mantha has never done....Average a ppg ...and this basically his rookie season. Lets see what Yams ceiling is. Oilers just aren't going to flip him for a 45 to 50 point slow footed help for McDavid. Mantha is all wrong for Connor.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
A 29 year old player on a contending team? The horror! You'll only have another 3-4 seasons of solid play out of him! Better find some magic beans to trade him for, quick.

I assume you'll also want to dump Larkin? I mean, 27 is basically 29. Zadina should probably go to, at that point, since it'll be another 9 years until you have a C who's ready...

Hyperbole much?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Bouchard & 1st?

Broberg instead of Bouchard.
We're maxed out on RHD

Broberg for a first for Mantha. That would be a hard deal to pass up for Yzerman.

Broberg is more of a project, but has an extremely high ceiling.
5 years from now, your defense is
Seider 23
Broberg 23
Hronek 25
Cholowski 25
McIsaac 24
Lindstrom 25.

Up front you'd still have:
Larkin 28
Bertuzzi 29
Fabbri 28
Zadina 24
Veleno 24
Rasmussen 25
Berggren 24
plus maybe Mastrosimone and whoever else we draft in the next 3-4 years.

But five years from now, that defense is coming into its own.

Last edited:

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
Edmonton needs a scoring winger. Anthony Mantha can score.
He also has size.
Unlike Athanasiou, he hasn't tanked on a terrible regular season team.
He's also an RFA due a hefty raise.
So?
What's Anthony Mantha return from the Oilers.
Wings have needs at:
LD.
C.
G.
RH forwards.
youve no clue what an important peice a big and rugged sniping winger is . or what a great line larkin , bertuzzi , mantha are . mantha , larkin , bertuzzi , hronek , seider , zadina , veleno are the new core thats built off of not traded away .

Reactions: golffuul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad