Value of: Anthony Mantha to Edmonton

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Disappointing that a person with a Michigan avatar made this thread. Makes no sense to trade a young big strong fast skating scoring stud like Mantha when Wings need that offense

Reactions: golffuul

ellusive

Dec 21, 2009
Mantha, zadina,larkin,hornek,baby bert.... building blocks for the wings... another garbage I mean player ..... open to trade

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I doubt the Oilers would trade Nurse for Mantha 1 for 1, let alone adding a first rounder.

I didn't say they would and wouldn't want them too. I have never wavered from being am a Nurse supporter. I think that's what it would take for the DRW to trade him. I doubt DRW would trade Mantha 1 for 1 for Nurse because Nurse is a UFA in 2 years, hence the addition of the first rounder. I don't think any other likely available assets would move the needle for the DRW to trade Mantha... not that I think Nurse is at all available from an Oiler POV.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
right.
He's such a big of all the great things happening in Detroit.
I don't really want to get into a spot where I'm ripping Mantha in a thread where were talking about his value - but so far we know this about Mantha:
1) Undeniable sniper.
2) As "big and rugged" as he is, seems injury prone.
3) Always seems to have a reason to come up short (injuries, floating, whatever)

Mantha's got a real interesting contract coming up. Stevie almost certainly has to overpay him, or risk a short contract, watching Mantha blow up for one season and then flee as a UFA. ****, Mantha might do that whether he blows up or not.

He might never have more trade value than right now.
That's why you trade him.

But go ahead. Be a genius. Talk about trying to get value for AA while his value is at his lowest.

Trade Mantha this year. Resurrect AA's value and trade him next year.
The Wings will not be trading: Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Zadina, Rasmussen, Veleno and Seider.. Everyone else is fair game!!!

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
The Wings will not be trading: Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Zadina, Rasmussen, Veleno and Seider.. Everyone else is fair game!!!

Meh, don't think Rasmussen is as safe as the others. Doesn't mean that Yzerman is willing to just give him away for peanuts, though. I think he could be had if the right offer comes our way.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Look the Wings are NOT trading: Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Seider, their 1 round pick and probably not Fabbri (though if the right deal came up they may move him)

Literally anyone else is fair game.
Oilers are not trading Broberg, 1st ,Bouchard or Nurse either.
It's just a discussion..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What an odd response.

Seider >> Bouchard
Detroit's 1st >>> Edmonton's
Odd response to an odd offer.
Oilers aren't giving up that for a winger.

Bouchard = Seider
For Oilers need it is Bouchard>Seider easily.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Odd response to an odd offer.
Oilers aren't giving up that for a winger.

Bouchard = Seider
For Oilers need it is Bouchard>Seider easily.
Mantha going nowhere unless its big overpayment period .

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yamamoto is already doing things Mantha has never done....Average a ppg ...and this basically his rookie season. Lets see what Yams ceiling is. Oilers just aren't going to flip him for a 45 to 50 point slow footed help for McDavid. Mantha is all wrong for Connor.
I hate to break it to you but Mantha has been ppg for more than an 18 game streatch in his career. Hell, multiple stretches. He started 17-18 with 19 points in 19 games. He ended last season with 28 points in 26 games including a 6 game scoreless streak. Dude can score in bunches.

And he's an incredible skater for his size.

i'd actually pay good money to watch Mantha play next to McDavid. Would be fun.

Slow footed:

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hate to break it to you but Mantha has been ppg for more than an 18 game streatch in his career. Hell, multiple stretches. He started 17-18 with 19 points in 19 games. He ended last season with 28 points in 26 games including a 6 game scoreless streak. Dude can score in bunches.

And he's an incredible skater for his size.

i'd actually pay good money to watch Mantha play next to McDavid. Would be fun.

Mantha would score 50 with McDavid.

What´s the price for that? You don't want to pay it.

Whats athensiou value to you guys, what are you looking at getting

Athanasiou... for Zucker price or Toffoli price.

For center prospect mostly if included in a deal.

For comparison, combined 2018-19 & 2019-20 seasons:

Jason Zucker, 130 games, 38+37 = 75 points, 16:41 (already has few goals from Crosby-feed in here)
Tyler Toffoli, 140 games, 31+38 = 69 points, 16:58
Athanasiou, 120 games, 40+38 = 78 points, 16:49

Points/game.:
Athanasiou - 0.65
Zucker - 0.58
Toffoli - 0.49

Goals/game:
Athanasiou - 0.33
Zucker - 0.29
Toffoli - 0.22

Ad

Upcoming events