Post-Game Talk: Another Tampa fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How the hell can you be broken down in 359 starts over 11 seasons at age 32 and it started at age 30.... that seems like too simple of a narrative

Cory has averaged 32 starts a year over his career...

...the only thing that is broken down with Cory is his head I think.
Injuries as well though have taken a toll on him. He looks slower than he used to be, and he wasn't fast to begin with. I think it's a combination of mental and physical.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This is the problem with the NHL though, it's that terrible officiating puts teams in these kind of positions. You have one team that is allowed to hook, hold, interfere, etc. at will, who also has players taking runs at guys trying to take their heads off, and the other team gets called for weak shoves. The NHL is a massive joke and has been for a long time, it's barely watchable as a product.

You and I agree here. It takes the game out of one team's hands and it's unfair. And that's what I'm trying to get at anyway. Yeah, we'll answer Kucherov running around but what good is it if it just keeps putting us in the box and letting them get free target practice on our goalie who can't find his game at all?

There's more collectively wrong with our team than simply being soft.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
They need to man up and send a message that there will be consequences if teams take runs at our players.

Your preferred type of pansy hockey doesn't gain respect

Do you need a safe space?

The 90’s devils are rolling over in their graves watching these bunch of vaginal secretions skate around getting pushed around.

Newsflash, this isn't the hockey game played in the 90s. You can't get away with what you could back in the day.

I explained myself and see that we're going to go down the road of "my preferred pansy hockey" or "my safe space". So I'll detail this further. The team as a whole has way more collectively wrong with it than "being soft". When the tone is set by the officiating early on that Kucherov can do what he wants, but if we try and answer with a soft shove from behind, we get a penalty that is immediately answered with a goal, it does our team no good to continue parading to the box to give THAT PP free reign on our defense and goalie that can't get their shit straight.

This team can play a stronger, harder checking game. They have players capable of it. They also have to be way stronger mentally and not fold the way they have on the road when something goes wrong. You'll get no argument from me there.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
it's def not just him and tampa though

Well if you think the Devils are a soft team and that this applies to other teams as well, I can't really disagree with you. But it's especially bad with Tampa. I'd definitely like the team to have more grit overall but this matchup in particular has really gotten out of control. It's beyond winning and losing now.

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad