Post-Game Talk: Another Tampa fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
There's absolutely no chance in hell that a team would pick up Cory's contract off waivers.

yeah, I agree. And if they did, it might be a blessing for us at this point because then the contract is off our books.

I think at this point waiving him is the best option. I refuse to believe his skills diminished THAT MUCH since 6 months ago...I think the majority of this is mental. Let him go down to Bingo and play for a month or two and get his head back on straight.

I would re-sign Kinkaid for 3x$3 (or something like that). If Schneider is somehow poached, you can look to acquire another 1B type goalie this summer.

I like Schneider a lot and I feel bad for him, but this can't really continue. SOMETHING needs to be done.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
now this is a serious question. what the heck is wrong with cory? is it age? injury? just wasn't that good to begin with? i mean yeah he had a great season here but after that? what made people believe he was worth a 9 pick? i never thought he would be good and outside that one year 3 years ago was it? he hasn't done anything and honestly he didnt do anything before he got here either

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Kucherov takes unnecessary runs at unsuspecting Devils every game since Game 4

And no one does a thing about it.

Boyle got a penalty for giving him a light shove. If any of our players actually did anything to him they'd have the book thrown at them since the league is on Tampa's dick for some reason.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
maybe it was his save percentage and gaa and physical ability that made him a highly coveted goalie at the time, and an all star while he was here. things change and players get old and break down though

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
now this is a serious question. what the heck is wrong with cory? is it age? injury? just wasn't that good to begin with? i mean yeah he had a great season here but after that? what made people believe he was worth a 9 pick? i never thought he would be good and outside that one year 3 years ago was it? he hasn't done anything and honestly he didnt do anything before he got here either

Tiresome.

Cory Schneider Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Do your own work rather than ask questions like these.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

More than anything yesterday, this pisses me off the most. Sloppy play, bad goaltending, whatever. It's all secondary to how they let that pos do whatever the hell he wants out there. Who cares if he has his own rule book? At some point, you have to stand up for yourselves and send a message. I honestly can't believe that not a single player on the team has found a way to make him think twice about his actions. They let him walk all over them along with the rest of the team and I don't think a damn thing changes in this matchup until they do something about it. Tampa clearly has zero respect for NJ and all the Devils do is take it.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

As mentioned, Boyle actually tried and got a penalty for it when it was nothing but a light shove.

I don't think anyone wanted to go over the line when 1. what Boyle did was already called a penalty and 2. unnecessarily put us on the PK to only let Cory get lit up even further.

No good would have come out of taking a run when we would likely be putting that PP out there again.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
As mentioned, Boyle actually tried and got a penalty for it when it was nothing but a light shove.

I don't think anyone wanted to go over the line when 1. what Boyle did was already called a penalty and 2. unnecessarily put us on the PK to only let Cory get lit up even further.

No good would have come out of taking a run when we would likely be putting that PP out there again.

Down 5-1 , show some darn pride and balls and do something

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Meh, someone completely f***s him up once and he never does it again. I'm not one of those people who think fighting in hockey is some great thing or actually matters most of the time, but when the referees aren't going to control the game, as is the current state of the league, the only thing that will discourage someone from taking runs at guys is for it to happen to him as well.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He probably just broke down at a premature age due to some kind of chronic injury/injuries.

Let’s not try to rewrite history here and claim he was only good for one year.

Not to mention, two years after Cory was traded here, guys like Martin Jones and Robin Lehner were going for first round picks. And let’s be serious, neither of those guys were as good as Cory before they were traded for first rounders and neither have ever have been as good as Cory used to be before this decline happened.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Meh, someone completely ****s him up once and he never does it again. I'm not one of those people who think fighting in hockey is some great thing or actually matters most of the time, but when the referees aren't going to control the game, as is the current state of the league, the only thing that will discourage someone from taking runs at guys is for it to happen to him as well.

Trust me, I get it, but what is honestly the point? Already being down in the game, playing collectively like shit, would it really benefit anyone to have one of our guys take a run at Kucherov? And again, it was early on that Boyle knocked him down and it was ruled a penalty. A soft, garbage call at that. Probably set the tone for us that we couldn't feel we could do anything, on top of giving up a goal on that specific PK.

It's just getting angry for the sake of getting angry. I get it, but that's probably one of the last things we should be concerned about with the team. I'd rather the team show some balls in playing a more physical game and show some push back and competitiveness mid game then concern ourselves with repaying Kucherov.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How the hell can you be broken down in 359 starts over 11 seasons at age 32 and it started at age 30.... that seems like too simple of a narrative

Cory has averaged 32 starts a year over his career...

...the only thing that is broken down with Cory is his head I think.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Trust me, I get it, but what is honestly the point? Already being down in the game, playing collectively like ****, would it really benefit anyone to have one of our guys take a run at Kucherov? And again, it was early on that Boyle knocked him down and it was ruled a penalty. A soft, garbage call at that. Probably set the tone for us that we couldn't feel we could do anything, on top of giving up a goal on that specific PK.

It's just getting angry for the sake of getting angry. I get it, but that's probably one of the last things we should be concerned about with the team. I'd rather the team show some balls in playing a more physical game and show some push back and competitiveness mid game then concern ourselves with repaying Kucherov.
This is the problem with the NHL though, it's that terrible officiating puts teams in these kind of positions. You have one team that is allowed to hook, hold, interfere, etc. at will, who also has players taking runs at guys trying to take their heads off, and the other team gets called for weak shoves. The NHL is a massive joke and has been for a long time, it's barely watchable as a product.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
More thank anything yesterday, this pisses me off the most. Sloppy play, bad goaltending, whatever. It's all secondary to how they let that pos do whatever the hell he wants out there. Who cares if he has his own rule book? At some point, you have to stand up for yourselves and send a message. I honestly can't believe that not a single player on the team has found a way to make him think twice about his actions. They let him walk all over them along with the rest of the team and I don't think a damn thing changes in this matchup until they do something about it. Tampa clearly has zero respect for NJ and all the Devils do is take it.

it's def not just him and tampa though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad