Post-Game Talk: Another loss

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying that 30ish minutes of peak activity a couple nights a week shouldn't wear out a guy in their early 20s. I've seen firefighters and served with guys that would absolutely destroy professional athletes in any physical activity and they didn't have the benefit of millions of dollars of sports science.

Believe what you want, but this isn't the 80s, these guys aren't crushing darts in the intermission. They aren't tired, they may be mentally tired of carrying 21 other guys, but I highly doubt they're physically worn out.

I'm not believing what I want. Its just objective fact. Playing forwards for 24minutes a night at the pace of 2019 NHL hockey is untenable longterm. Its ill advised. Nobody else does it and for good reason. Those are all facts.

With every respect to the hard work firefighters etc do it is not one and the same. Even given that its part of firefighter training not to put yourself in a situation where you hit a peak exertion wall and wherein you can't get out of a building or fire with your remaining store of energy.

I'll use another example. Swimming. A boat capsizes. Suddenly, and unexpectedly, people try to swim for shore. (better to remain at the boat holding onto it for dear life if you are reasonably far from the shore) even strong swimmers every year, every day, succumb to drowning unexpectedly because the combination of panic, exertion, fatigue takes them to a point of having no more. Think about it, their lives depend on it, but they hit a wall, get a cramp, lose their energy, stop, and drown.

Somebody on shore could I guess argue that the person should have just kept swimming and theres no way they should've drowned..

peak performance of an anaerobic nature is hard to maintain. peak expenditure involving such things as speed hard to maintain.

I mentioned this in another thread but it takes only 90secs of an NHL shift for forwards to completely tap out where they have virtually nothing left. That's the wall. That's the human body tapping out for that duration.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not believing what I want. Its just objective fact. Playing forwards for 24minutes a night at the pace of 2019 NHL hockey is untenable longterm. Its ill advised. Nobody else does it and for good reason. Those are all facts.

With every respect to the hard work firefighters etc do it is not one and the same. Even given that its part of firefighter training not to put yourself in a situation where you hit a peak exertion wall and wherein you can't get out of a building or fire with your remaining store of energy.

I'll use another example. Swimming. A boat capsizes. Suddenly, and unexpectedly, people try to swim for shore. (better to remain at the boat holding onto it for dear life if you are reasonably far from the shore) even strong swimmers every year, every day, succumb to drowning unexpectedly because the combination of panic, exertion, fatigue takes them to a point of having no more. Think about it, their lives depend on it, but they hit a wall, get a cramp, lose their energy, stop, and drown.

Somebody on shore could I guess argue that the person should have just kept swimming and theres no way they should've drowned..

peak performance of an anaerobic nature is hard to maintain. peak expenditure involving such things as speed hard to maintain.

I mentioned this in another thread but it takes only 90secs of an NHL shift for forwards to completely tap out where they have virtually nothing left. That's the wall. That's the human body tapping out for that duration.

I think that’s a huge reason why we’re seeing poor defensive play from McDrai, especially in the 3rd period. Both players are running out of gas. Ideally they should be playing 21-22 minutes per game with slightly shorter shifts.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If you dont think sports science has given a advantage to athletes in the last 20 years, then you should really do some research.

The supplement industry is a huge scam. Over the counter proteins and creatine barely give anyone an advantage. The real advantage comes from PED’s which most athletes have taken at some point in their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00